Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Baseball!

Default Baseball!

Well today was opening day but real games start tomorrow. Lets hear predictions!

AL East - Yankees - Will be A-Rod's last season in NY imo, Clemens will rejoin, Hughes the "phenom" will be in rotation after the break, Pravano will get hurt again so many question marks (as usual) with pitching if pitching holds up they win division if not they get wildcard since lineup is just too good
    AL Central - Tigers - Rogers being hurt is a blow but unless all the young guys suffer from sophmore cant see them losing
    AL West - Rangers - Vital no injuries though
    AL Wildcard - Boston

NL West - Mets - All depends on pitching and whether it holds up
    NL Centrals - Cards - no brainer imo
    NL West - Diamondbacks - good pitching and will see Johnson who was always better suite for the NL make one last run
    NL Wildcard - Philies

Default Re: Baseball!

Quote Originally Posted by danzig View Post
    AL West - Rangers - Vital no injuries though
    I certainly hope so, but Im not very confident. This probably comes from being a long time Rangers fan and (lately) just hoping theyll break .500, which....they usually dont.
    (Patron of Lord Rahl)

I just don't understand the allure of baseball. I watched most of the Mets-Cardinals game last night and still don't understand the allure of baseball. I understand baseball, but not why anyone would want to watch it.

Patron of Felixion, Ulyaoth, Reidy, Ran Taro and Darth Red
    Co-Founder of the House of Caesars

Balikedes's Avatar Time to Rock

Of the big 3 American sports - Baseball, Basketball and Football - Baseball is the "chess" of the three...IMO it is more deliberately paced and requires more forward thinking/strategy than the other two.
    For me the most exciting game is a 1-0 pitchers' duel...I love Baseball

Yankees
    Tigers
    Oakland
    Boston

Mets
    Cardinals
    Giants
    Cubs
    Last edited by Balikedes; April 02, 2007 at 12:37 PM. Reason: picks
    Patron of Suppanut, relentless work, check it out.
    XGM Command - A Sub-Mod of the Extended Greek Mod and now included in Diadochi: Total War

HardSun on XBoxLive - Destiny and other stuff

vizi's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Go Tigers! Got the game on the 65 inch in HD upstairs but I had to come downstairs to check the wash which isn't done yet.

Rogers will hurt but they will do alright. Bonderman had a shaky 1st but he is doing pretty good now.

Lets go Tigers!

Ulyaoth's Avatar Truly a God Amongst Men

Woot, yankees winning 9-5, go Mo!
    I'm cold, and there are wolves after me.

Under the Patronage of the Almighty Justinian

Quote Originally Posted by Ulyaoth View Post
    Im just glad Pavano managed to go 4.1 innings and managed to avoid being struck by lightning, a wild dog jumping on the field and biting his pitching hand or tripping over the foul line between innings to injury himself. Joked to my friends the Yanks need to encase Pavano in a plastic bubble when he isnt pitching and roll him out onto the field his on his turn in the rotation.

Last Roman's Avatar ron :wub:in swanson

Quote Originally Posted by Ulyaoth View Post
    *plays evil empire music in the back ground*

anyhoo, orioles @ twins tonight. Should be a W for Minnesota.
    house of Rububula, under the patronage of Nihil, patron of Hotspur, David Deas, Freddie, Askthepizzaguy and Ketchfoop
    Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company
    -Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Last Roman View Post
    *plays evil empire music in the back ground*

anyhoo, orioles @ twins tonight. Should be a W for Minnesota.
    Speaking on behalf of the Evil Empire, I hereby demand you hand over Johan Santana to the Empire or face total annihilation. You have 24 hours to comply.

Speaking on behalf of the Evil Empire, I hereby demand you hand over Johan Santana to the Empire or face total annihilation. You have 24 hours to comply.
    Over my cold dead body.

After Radke retired, and Liriano is still injured, our pitching roster is awfully slim.
    house of Rububula, under the patronage of Nihil, patron of Hotspur, David Deas, Freddie, Askthepizzaguy and Ketchfoop
    -Mark Twain

Anachronist's Avatar Domesticus

Yankees! \o/

Was at the Sox game today... Contreras was simply terrible. 7 runs and he only was able to get 3 outs.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Roman View Post
    Over my cold dead body.
    If you insist...we ARE the Evil Empire after all.....

After Radke retired, and Liriano is still injured, our pitching roster is awfully slim.
    Has to be frustrating being a Twins fan they always seem to take one step forward then two steps back.

If you insist...we ARE the Evil Empire after all.....
    Lets see you deal with the land of 10 billion mosquitoes! muwhahaha!

Has to be frustrating being a Twins fan they always seem to take one step forward then two steps back.
    If it's not one thing, it's another. But the Twins still are able to remain a decent team. But we'd be a really good team if it weren't for constant injuries and more money (I can only imagine if we still had Big Papi)
    -Mark Twain

tnick777's Avatar Campidoctor

Go Cubs!

Quote Originally Posted by Balikedes View Post
    Of the big 3 American sports - Baseball, Basketball and Football - Baseball is the "chess" of the three...IMO it is more deliberately paced and requires more forward thinking/strategy than the other two.
    For me the most exciting game is a 1-0 pitchers' duel...I love Baseball

Yankees
    Tigers
    Oakland
    Boston

Mets
    Cardinals
    Giants
    Cubs
    I man after my own heart!

At least they finally won a game last night. This being my first season outside the Bay Area since 1992 I went ahead and subscribed to MLB.TV Premium (at $119 a season it comes out to around 73cents a game...not bad). The picture quality is very close to TV quality. I'm very impressed.

Although I love your prediction of a Giants NL West Pennant, I fear it will be a long season. Too many variables to tell this early who will take it.

GO GIANTS!

Yankees
    Tigers
    Angles (sorry A's!)

Red Sox

Mets
    Cards
    Giants (gulp...my heart is speaking here...sorry Pads!)

Phillies
    Last edited by Francisco Montana; April 06, 2007 at 03:27 PM.
    Faithfully under the patronage of the fallen yet rather amiable Octavian.

Smile! The better the energy you put in, the better the energy you will get out.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnight View Post
    Was at the Sox game today... Contreras was simply terrible. 7 runs and he only was able to get 3 outs.
    Yeah, caught that one.

Good thing I bleed Cubbie blue.

Balikedes's Avatar Time to Rock

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Gruffles View Post
    I man after my own heart!

At least they finally won a game last night. This being my first season outside the Bay Area since 1992 I went ahead and subscribed to MLB.TV Premium (at $119 a season it comes out to around 73cents a game...not bad). The picture quality is very close to TV quality. I'm very impressed.

Although I love your prediction of a Giants NL West Pennant, I fear it will be a long season. Too many variables to tell this early who will take it.

GO GIANTS!

Yankees
    Tigers
    Angles (sorry A's!)

Red Sox

Mets
    Cards
    Giants (gulp...my heart is speaking here...sorry Pads!)

Phillies
    Ahhh, so good to see another Giants fan in TWC...I thought I was all alone. The NL West has been a toss up for a few years now, I just hope the Giants are able to get some games against the West, I fear the worst when they start travelling. Do you still get to listen to Kruk and Kuipe?
    Patron of Suppanut, relentless work, check it out.
    XGM Command - A Sub-Mod of the Extended Greek Mod and now included in Diadochi: Total War

HardSun on XBoxLive - Destiny and other stuff

Kruk and Kuipe?

I was telling my wife I should write to Kruk and Kuipe and tell them they are the reason I even got MLB.TV Premium in the first place. I was sitting there watching some free archived games on MLB.com and they were showing games from KTVU and FSN Bay Area. I just can't live without Krukow!!!!

For that $119 I get every single Giants game on my PC with a pretty darn good picture!

This MLB.TV Mosaic thingy is pretty neat too!

You can select "key players" and it will alert you when they come up to bat/pitch, etc. You can one click on the screen you want audio for and double click on a screen to watch just that game.

Fun stuff!
    Last edited by Francisco Montana; April 06, 2007 at 07:50 PM.
    Faithfully under the patronage of the fallen yet rather amiable Octavian.

Smile! The better the energy you put in, the better the energy you will get out.

tnick777's Avatar Campidoctor

Cubs Are Up 9-1!!!!!!!!!!!! :d

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast