Thread: TWC Wiki Frontpage announcement Discussion

Default Re: Getting this Show on the Road

When the wiki is properly up and running, with logo, uploads and whatever, I think it is very important for us to advertise it on the front page to alert most people to it's new found existence.
    Something like:

The Total War Center Community Wiki is Up and Running!

*insert logo*

The TWC Wiki has recently been moved from the Generals Collective where it was kindly hosted by General Sun, onto the TWC Servers. This Wiki is going to act as a collection of articles on everything about the Total War Community, from the games and the mods to the members and fansites. Please support the Wiki with an article about yourself or your mod or edit an existing article to make it even better.

So to get started by starting a new article or to find out more about the TW Community go click here

What do we think?

I like the idea of getting front page ad. and hopefully also forum wide announcement (as not everyone comes in via. frontpage).

Would also suggest we also provide link to a thread in Q&S where people can ask questions about editing Wiki (either revive old one or make new thread with a bit of preliminary guidance in first post) - I think changing Wiki is probably still a bit daunting for people that haven't done if before and we probably need to provide some on forum guidance, as well as the link to editing help on the wiki itself.

In terms of text - as I'd also really like to add some mention of modding info:

*insert logo*

The TWC Wiki has recently been moved from the Generals Collective where it was kindly hosted by General Sun, onto the TWC Servers. This Wiki is intended to act as a collection of articles on everything about the Total War Community, from the games and the mods to the members and fansites.

Please support the Wiki with an article about yourself, your mod, useful modding information or links to other resources. Please also feel free to improve and update any existing articles.

Find out more about the TW Community by clicking here. Get advice on how to edit the Wiki yourself here (*add link)
    Btw does anyone have any idea what we could use as logo? Or who we could ask to design one....

Default Re: TWC Wiki Frontpage announcement Discussion

new thread was good idea but did anything go tiny bit wrong? ^^^^

Anyway - suspect we all think we want one, but may want to make sure we are all tidy and ship-shape and ready to support first.....

Oops... Fixed that up...
    TWC Divus

in patronicvm svb Garbarsardar patronvm celcvm qvo,Professor420et Amroth et Jones King
    Publius says: oh please, i love talk about trans-special mating. sends a gentle tickle down the back of my spine
    MarcusCorneliusMarcellus says: i sucked at exams, but was considered the best lawyer in the class, because I could always find the hole
    Evariste says: I have huge, feminine breasts and I love them

Quote Originally Posted by makanyane View Post
    I like the idea of getting front page ad. and hopefully also forum wide announcement (as not everyone comes in via. frontpage).

Would also suggest we also provide link to a thread in Q&S where people can ask questions about editing Wiki (either revive old one or make new thread with a bit of preliminary guidance in first post) - I think changing Wiki is probably still a bit daunting for people that haven't done if before and we probably need to provide some on forum guidance, as well as the link to editing help on the wiki itself.

In terms of text - as I'd also really like to add some mention of modding info
    A forum-wide announcement is a good idea. A forum guide to editing the wiki is essential as the wiki code puts a lot of people off editing. I like your tweaks, sounds a lot more professional.

Btw does anyone have any idea what we could use as logo? Or who we could ask to design one....
    I quite like the one we had at the GC:
    http://www.tw.generalscollective.com...itle=Main_Page

I can't copy the image though for some reason, probably because it is a link.

PM general sun and ask him to get it from the server... I looked for the original version but it seems I no longer have it on my HDD.
    Count no man happy until he is dead.

Simetrical's Avatar Former Chief Technician
    Patrician

You couldn't copy it because it was a CSS background-image, which on browsers today usually requires more digging to get ahold of. I've uploaded it, protected it, and made that image name magical so anything uploaded there will become the logo.
    MediaWiki developer, TWC Chief Technician
    NetHack player (nao info)

Risen from Prey

The TWC Wiki has recently been moved from the Generals Collective where it was kindly hosted by General Sun, onto the TWC Servers. This Wiki is intended to act as a collection of articles on everything about the Total War Community, from the games and the mods to the members and fansites.

Please support the Wiki with an article about yourself, your mod, useful modding information or links to other resources. Please also feel free to improve and update any existing articles.

Find out more about the TW Community by clicking here. Get advice on how to edit the Wiki yourself here.

Like this?
    Last edited by Perikles; April 04, 2007 at 02:15 PM.

looks good - like the logo. I assume Wiki is as presentable as its going to get in near future - so we could be ready to go with this?

Could you just do revised version of my forum guide, or tell me what to do to it, so that, or something similar can get posted in Q&S and link from announcement go to that thread and not here. (gives people somewhere central to ask questions)

Is this ready to go on the front page then?

I think that's ready - just needs the link changing to go to guide as soon as that's posted in Q&S

Done.

OK, that looks good. because of the gravity of Grumpyoldman's work, I want to leave that up for at least another half a day or so. I'll put this one up tomorrow sometime though.
    TWC Divus

in patronicvm svb Garbarsardar patronvm celcvm qvo,Professor420et Amroth et Jones King
    Publius says: oh please, i love talk about trans-special mating. sends a gentle tickle down the back of my spine
    MarcusCorneliusMarcellus says: i sucked at exams, but was considered the best lawyer in the class, because I could always find the hole

Did someone say 'bump'? :hmmm:

OMG teh fishes r in da house!

AKA...BUMP!

yeah yeah, gimme a bit of time here!
    TWC Divus