Thread: Scary, scary Mongol horde

Default Scary, scary Mongol horde

I'm still finishing a 2.0 Byzantine campaign. I'm guessing this is what is referred to as the 'late era stack frenzy'?

I toggle_fow'd about 5 years ago just to see how my neighbours were doing, and my jaw dropped. I've been keeping an eye on them, and it seems they're verrry slowly moving south (one space at a time). In 30 years or so, I'm screwed.

Also, I've really honed my diplomacy skills on this campaign. It's too expensive to really fight wars on several fronts in DLV, so I've 'enlisted' my allies help. Seige, plunder, and give away strategic points. The English, Germans, and Hungarians are now fighting off the Egyptians for me, and the Pope is holding his own against the Turks.

But the Mongols... yikes!

William the Bastard's Avatar Invictus Maneo

Default Re: Scary, scary Mongol horde

Aaaaaaaarrrrrrggggghhhhh!!!!!!!!!!! Run Away!

rofl THATS a challenge ^^

rofl THATS a challenge ^^

That aint right! Just...Aint right!

That's pretty typical of the Mongols, at least in my game. The problem is they usually gather up and then just sit there. It's more likely that they took the settlements they have before the "horde" arrived. They may have even had more settlements before the horde.

I know in one of my game the Mongols had about six settlements, then they horded and lost all but one to rebels.

Mongols are severely messed up in DLV...

"I am what the Gods have made me!"

Shadrach's Avatar Miles

Wow, amazing picture Nicollo! Scary...

I wonder if the mongols are doing the same in my Hungary campaign, Ive not heard from them since we allied in 1200 something. Probably they've gone back to the peaceful nomad life.

What's the command to turn off FOW btw, just toggle_fow?

-S

The Danes, I swear, with their half arsed attempts at a 'war'. You gotta give it to 'em, they just dont stop trying. Listen, I've fought the Timurids, ever heard of them? Elephants with cannons on their backs. Yea, Timurids. You guys are like kids on tricycles compared to them. -REZ

Mongols should be reduced in 2.11

repman

BareBonesWars 8.1 for RTW 1.5
    Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Deus lo Vult DLV 6.2 for MTW II Kingdoms
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics