Thread: Amazing petroglyph discovery

mocker's Avatar Domesticus

Default Amazing petroglyph discovery

Yesterday, some swedish travellerers stumbled across a remarkable archeological discovery near Svinesund, the border of Sweden and Norway.

The petroglyphs have been dated back to the early bronze age.
    There are several theories about what these inscriptions could mean, but serious historians believe it's an account of the very first viking raid.
    The human shape is most likely a norwegian viking holding what appears to be bottled alcoholic beverages and some sausages.
    On the right we can clearly see a depiction of the ancient Svinesund bridge, which some people claim was originally built by the norse gods.
    These scientists believe the petroglyph was made as an everlasting tribute to the first viking raid, and they also think that the cross-like symbol near the center is an old pagan monument.

Svinesund today:

Feel free to speculate and discuss this event!

Anarius's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Amazing petroglyph discovery

Looks like the first "harry-trip" to me.

U know, back in the good 'ole bronze age, they didn't have the tools hard enough to accurately carve stone. So I think the bottle is in fact a crude representation of a mace, and what looks like a sausage, is probably a leather shield (maybe made from dried & hardened intestines, hence the metaphor) in profile.

The viking probably plays a capture-the-flag, and tries to attack the bridge.

Author of the ---== Knights Templar Mod ==---
    Creator of the ---== Lord Calidor's Weapon Pack 1 ==---
    Member of the ---== Dominion of the Sword ==--- and ---== C.B.U.R.P ==---

Actually, my guess is that the "petroglyph" is either a modern hoax, a photoshoped rock, or simply a April's First joke.
    浪人 - 二天一

Quote Originally Posted by Manji View Post
    Actually, my guess is that the "petroglyph" is either a modern hoax, a photoshoped rock, or simply a April's First joke.

What makes you think that...?

the fact that the "viking" shares a striking resemblance to homer simpson is rather compelling....

tnick777's Avatar Campidoctor

I love this day.

I got my dad pretty good too, but I feel bad now.

I was on the highway and I pulled over, I called my dad and I told him my car was stolen, and not only that but my Wallet, Passport, ID, Birth Certificate, Social Security Card and our dog was in the car (I had told him I went to go get my licence renewed)

Being immigrants ourselves my dad freaked out... 1/2 a bottle of merlot latter he calmed down... pretty good though

Quote Originally Posted by tnick777 View Post
    I love this day.

I got my dad pretty good too, but I feel bad now.

I was on the highway and I pulled over, I called my dad and I told him my car was stolen, and not only that but my Wallet, Passport, ID, Birth Certificate, Social Security Card and our dog was in the car (I had told him I went to go get my licence renewed)

Being immigrants ourselves my dad freaked out... 1/2 a bottle of merlot latter he calmed down... pretty good though
    Lol, that beats anything I did. I thought that photo looked a bit suspicious. It looks like he's holding a beer bottle...

Quote Originally Posted by Goatbuster3000 View Post
    Lol, that beats anything I did. I thought that photo looked a bit suspicious. It looks like he's holding a beer bottle...
    Indeed he was. Photoshop FTW!

Beiss's Avatar Nemo nascitur...

I thought the head looked kinda funny though.
    Under the patronage of Halie Satanus, Emperor of Ice Cream, in the house of wilpuri

Why was this joke redirected to the history department?

That looks like drunken moomin drinking beer and eating sausages. And that flag is (of course) a flag of the Kalmar Union. Dunno about the river/bridge.

That picture is of the first moomin, Kalmar Union independence day and of the first bridge made by gods norse gods

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, dont take me seriously, i dont know anything about anything