Thread: Campaign AI

Default Campaign AI

Is Darth Mod compatible to use with Ultimate AI? and if so would it be much better than the Darthmod AI?

The reason I ask is My main goal when I started my first campaign as the english in Darthmod was to grab up as much rebel provinces as quickly as possible then move on the moors and push my way on through to Jerusalem not really aiming to take out any catholic factions. What ended up happening is while I was still grabbing antwerp and burges and had not attacked any other faction had an alliance with portugal, milan I think and Papal states. France and HRE attack several provinces of mine straight off, so I'm like ok one of you is going down, do to extensive use of assassins I ended up getting two to really high skill and killed off the HRE family and then take all their provinces, while also doing a crusade to the moors and then take all their provinces on the Iberian pennisula, where the Spanish attack me so I take them out. So now France isn't really messing with me, as soon as I finish taking the last province from the former HRE(now rebels) in Veinna, Venice attacks me, I push them back and take Venice and then my former ally Denmark attacks me.

I'm pretty discouraged, my once glorious drive through muslim lands has gotten no further than running the Moors off of the Iberian pennisula and turned into a retailiatory war vs other Christian factions. I know the Ai is supposed to make it harder, but I think it's overkill that whenever you get a new neighbor he automatically attacks you unprovoked, especially if you are allied with him. I mean the Danish were already at war with the Polish with provinces right next to them and I had a mutual attack agreement with them vs Polish but do they attack them? no Venice was already at war with Milan and Bzyantine on two fronts, you'd think they would concentrate on that instead of starting a third front.

I really like Darthmod, but am hoping Ultimate AI or something might work or might be better, so I can tear through the Middle East instead of being bogged down fighting other Christian factions in Europe.

My leader has a very high dread(usually from executing prisoners after battle, which I don't know why this game ever since TW1 makes you take prisoners in battle anyway, when cavalry charge fleeing units they are stabbing them in the back with Lances not stopping to tie their hands with ropes), which I suppose might be making the problem. You'd think they would want to attack me less not more then

K sorry for my long post, I needed to rant, Darthmod is good work, just wondering if there was an AI to make less of a war between european factions if I don't attack.
    Last edited by Sinist3r; March 31, 2007 at 11:08 PM.

Default Re: Campaign AI

Whats with the Total Barbie Center Forums did this site get hacked? It appears it has a barbie theme.
    Anyway here was 3 screenshots from earily in the Campaign even Scotland is still chillin' out alive up there, France and HRE have attacked already, and I have a crusade rolling on the Moors. Next screeny I took Rheimes from france and using espionage and assassins to attack the HRE while defending attacks from their armys, as you can see Spain is about to attack Cordoba now, they can't kick the Moors off their land but decide to attack me I guess. 3rd shot HRE and Spain are done, but now Venice and Denmark attack me will it stop I wonder? At least I had fun taking all that land wasn't the way I intended though I guess I have a real vendatta when someone attacks me.

wanna have long alliances? keep harrasing yours ally's family members with assasins. If you constatly kill all members except faction leader and faction heir AI will not betray you because it will be just too weak to do this. I'm playing as Spain nad moors are my ally for ~95 turns for now. I have assasin guild headquarters and 6 max skilled assasins for my "allies" :>

Libertus

thats my biggest problem too, even if i dont attack co-christians (as sicily currently), they tend to relentlessly wage war on me until im forced to destroy them completely.

The Border Reiver's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Sinist3r View Post
    Is Darth Mod compatible to use with Ultimate AI? and if so would it be much better than the Darthmod AI?

K sorry for my long post, I needed to rant, Darthmod is good work, just wondering if there was an AI to make less of a war between european factions if I don't attack.

Long posts are fine as long as there is a point. Darths AI modding has allowed a very well rounded/balanced AI suitable for those who thought the original AI was too aggresive and too fickle. Reading your post makes me think we have 2 different games.....my AI is so passive it tends to be unexciting at times.

Then again I work hard to keep alliances, trade rights etc, and try very hard remain friends until I want to pick a fight.

Yes I believe there are a couple of ultra passive AI mods out there, Ultimate was one and another I cannot think of because it was so terribly boring that everybody was my friend even without working the AI diplomacy.

Even though I found these not be my cup of tea, they were good work done by someone in the community.

Well I think when I started making alliances at the start I had allied with Milan and Papal States, Milan and France had gotten into a scrap, and I was allied with Milan so possibly why HRE and France attacked me. Not sure why Denmark backstabbed me though. I've heard it's not the best strategy to ally with Papal states either.

I've been playing with Darthmod and played around with Ultimate AI in it too. I really like Darthmod, I am finishing out my campaign and then see how 1.2 patch pans out, and start me an HRE campaign.

Why not ally with the papal states? as a catholic faction you get a rep boost with the pope if u ally.

I find the best way to stay at peace with your allies is to keep large garrisons of men in your border provinces, usually this is enough to stop them attacking, at least until they can send a big enough army at you.

The Border Reiver's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Goatsie View Post
    Why not ally with the papal states? as a catholic faction you get a rep boost with the pope if u ally.

I find the best way to stay at peace with your allies is to keep large garrisons of men in your border provinces, usually this is enough to stop them attacking, at least until they can send a big enough army at you.
    Very good point Goatsie....I have been playing around with the starting Diplomacy, e.g setting all muslim factions to be at war with catholic factions, England at war with Scotland and France...Papal States allied with Ireland and Scotland etc.

What the above testing shows is that Diplomacy by the AI increases alomst immediately. There are more battles, but also more diplomatic envoys floating around...the campaign map to me seems more dynamic. But is also harder to get alliances at the start and trade rights mean something and money is tighter!