Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: ==Invasio Barbarorvm VII Discussion==

Echbart's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: ==Invasio Barbarorvm VII Discussion==

Im getting CTD when im playing Picts, Romano-british turn. Im playing with full script. And when CTD i dont get no message whats wrong.

Hi, everybody!
    I found some strangeness with mercenaries not far avay from India. Onogur Lancer and Onogur Spearman. How did they get there from the Black sea?

http://www.xegami.com/?img=Onogur16052474ejpg.jpg
    http://www.xegami.com/?img=Onogur29332aaa0jpg.jpg

I've translate IBFD on Rusian, but in this game I use english file "export_units.txt". There are no mistake, onogurs migrated to India.
    Last edited by Alekslod; May 13, 2007 at 05:38 AM.

Ramon Gonzales y Garcia's Avatar Nobleza y Valor

Quote Originally Posted by Alekslod View Post
    Hi, everybody!
    I found some strangeness with mercenaries not far avay from India. Onogur Lancer and Onogur Spearman. How did they get there from the Black sea?

http://www.xegami.com/?img=Onogur16052474ejpg.jpg
    http://www.xegami.com/?img=Onogur29332aaa0jpg.jpg

I've translate IBFD on Rusian, but in this game I use english file "export_units.txt". There are no mistake, onogurs migrated to India.
    it might not be so strange. Though the Onogur were more well known to have been part of the Hunnic Empire, their origin is from Central Asia, probably somewhere near Bukhara . Though this is certainly not the only theory as to their origin (I am also familiar w/ the Iranian theory, w/c would still put them in the same territory), and certainly probably most of their peoples might have moved west w./ the Huns, I am of the opinion that some of their people remained east and were probably assimilated o other Turkic tribes... unless somebody can give proof that this shouldn't be the case ...

Im getting CTD when im playing Picts, Romano-british turn. Im playing with full script. And when CTD i dont get no message whats wrong.
    this is most probably due to the Limes script... w/c is why I made no scripts as the default w/ optional 4tpy only script aside from the full scripts

Hi...i have played as Saxons.They lack archers, they have eastern building balistica or something like that.There is no archery range for Saxons so far.
    will look more closer into the Saxons...

Can somebody help? I installed a fresh bi along with 1.6 patch, inlcuding the ver 7 and 7.03 of the mod but i couldnt start the campaign, it ask for selection from a list, when i close the program, a error message pop out, refering to some script error of descr_strat file
    I always get this message when I forget to upgrade to 1.6 (yes, that happens to me, too ) but strange u mentioned u upgraded BI to 1.6... another possibility is the installer didn't install properly, I will be releasing a 'manual installer' file soon
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia

INVASIO BARBARORVM II

Proud patron of Riothamus, Pompeius Magnus and SeniorBatavianHorse
    If we had gone so far, it is because we stand on the shoulders of giants

Pompeius Magnus's Avatar primus inter pares

Servus Ramon,

as a first result with the patch 7.03 I have to say following:

The best quick-fix was the first one 7.01. All walls are OK. The script is working and so one.
    The best what I did was to install 7.01 and on top I included the files manually of 7.03 (without the new script of 7.02 or 7.03!!!)

The result ist I have a version now with the historicall battles included, minor things are fixed, the limes script is working, and I am playing now to the year 440 without any crash to desktop (as west-roman)!

That means for me that the key for a working patch must be the first version 7.01. The last two patches have a lot of improvements but these versions have also too much errors on the other side.

Another question (absolutely minor):
    I like the music when I am fighting on the battle field of the mod Ages of Darkness 1. Hope you remember. It gives me really the feeling that a dark age has begun.
    Is it possible to include that music-file to my IBFD folder? Can I do it by myself with a simple 1 to 1 copy in the right folder??
    Or what excatly have I to do?

Thanx
    Last edited by Pompeius Magnus; May 13, 2007 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pompeius Magnus View Post
    Servus Ramon,
    chhers

That means for me that the key for a working patch must be the first version 7.01. The last two patches have a lot of improvements but these versions have also too much errors on the other side.
    what are the other errors that surfaced from 7.03? the disappearing walls were caused by a faulty descr_strat in 7.02, up to now I still have no idea what caused it

Another question (absolutely minor):
    I like the music when I am fighting on the battle field of the mod Ages of Darkness 1. Hope you remember. It gives me really the feeling that a dark age has begun.
    Is it possible to include that music-file to my IBFD folder? Can I do it by myself with a simple 1 to 1 copy in the right folder??
    Or what excatly have I to do?
    hmmm.... I don't remember a music pack for AoDI... too bad Arbaces hasn't been around lately..., I'll check and see if I can see what Arbs did

Thanx
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia

INVASIO BARBARORVM II

The 'hippo toxotai' seem to be underpriced at 148. I assume that is a typo?

Also, 'gothic foederati spearman' seem to be much better value than 'auxilia illiricani' espeically for a '0' turn recruitment unit (i changed defense to '13' and made it a 1 turn recruitment unit).

Very fun as the byzantines right now. Huns are TOUGH!
    This seems to be quite a racist comment. The Guals did a lot more than "wonder around pillaging";
    It's not as if they were a bunch of dirty, stinking, fatherless Huns.

Pompeius Magnus's Avatar primus inter pares

I want get much faster the roman titles and offices in my IBFD version.
    Well. I found the text-file: export_descr_ancillaries.txt.

When I scroll down I find all the roman office titles.
    Now my question:
    One example
    "AcquireAncillary office_magister_equitum_west chance 66"

what means the number at the end??
    what happened when I increase or decrease this number. I will get the title faster, right?
    Is a higher number better to get the title faster, or is a lower number better?

And secondary:
    I found the old ages of darkness download and I extracted this old mod in a seperate folder. That gave me the chance to check out the music files (mp3-format).
    These music files sounds great. I will try to include this in my IBFD Version, too.
    Ramon, I hope you will check that out, because these music files are matching IBFD7 while fighting on battlefield. It gives a real medieval/late antique feeling.
    Promise!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pompeius Magnus View Post
    I want get much faster the roman titles and offices in my IBFD version.
    Well. I found the text-file: export_descr_ancillaries.txt.

When I scroll down I find all the roman office titles.
    Now my question:
    One example
    "AcquireAncillary office_magister_equitum_west chance 66"

what means the number at the end??
    what happened when I increase or decrease this number. I will get the title faster, right?
    Is a higher number better to get the title faster, or is a lower number better?
    a higher number means better chance of getting it, 100 means you WILL get it for sure when u meet the requirements

And secondary:
    I found the old ages of darkness download and I extracted this old mod in a seperate folder. That gave me the chance to check out the music files (mp3-format).
    These music files sounds great. I will try to include this in my IBFD Version, too.
    Ramon, I hope you will check that out, because these music files are matching IBFD7 while fighting on battlefield. It gives a real medieval/late antique feeling.
    Promise!!
    will refer it to IhateMonday, he's doing the music pack for IBFD (you should check out his music pack, too )

The 'hippo toxotai' seem to be underpriced at 148. I assume that is a typo?
    they're supposed to be 1248 or something thereabouts

Also, 'gothic foederati spearman' seem to be much better value than 'auxilia illiricani' espeically for a '0' turn recruitment unit (i changed defense to '13' and made it a 1 turn recruitment unit).
    I was thinking of making the foederati available only by script, in other words u cannot 'recruit' them, they are only offered to you from time to time... have to rethink this as scripts are very iffy, though

Very fun as the byzantines right now. Huns are TOUGH!
    glad ur having fun
    cheers
    Last edited by Ramon Gonzales y Garcia; May 15, 2007 at 02:56 AM.
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia

INVASIO BARBARORVM II

Quote Originally Posted by Ramon Gonzales y Garcia View Post
    I was thinking of making the foederati available only by script, in other words u cannot 'recruit' them, they are only offered to you from time to time... have to rethink this as scripts are very iffy, though
    glad ur having fun
    cheers
    Or they could be relatively cheap to buy, but have an equal cost for upkeep - esentialy making them useful for emergancies only, followed by quickly disbanding the ones that survive. I don't think the AI would handle this very well, but it would be an interesting choice for the human player, and fairly realistic.

Nothing wrong with having several EDU, which can be swapped in and out by players depending on factions.
    This seems to be quite a racist comment. The Guals did a lot more than "wonder around pillaging";
    It's not as if they were a bunch of dirty, stinking, fatherless Huns.

Hi generals. I have 2 questions about IBFD 7

1-I didn't undersood the install instruccions very well. Does it uses the mod switch automaticly? or is necessary to do something. I want to install it in a rome folder with other mods that uses the mod switch, is it possibble?

2-Are the versions 7 and 7.03 savegame compatible with version 6?

Sorry for my English. Thanks.

Echbart's Avatar Decanus

1. You have to install IBFD to your BI folder. There game will install in separate folder. And yes it is possible to install it in your rome folder as long you have BI installed there.

2. It is not compatible.

ok thanks

How come the Picts suck sooooo bad? I started a campaign with the picts and I lost every single battle against the romanos. and that aint because of me - I know my tactics. all the elite units for the picts have only 30 guys in em. 30 GUYS?! thats ridiculously unfair. They weren't that bad in the past. They were expert ambushers. In the fights against the Romans in Severus's campaigns, many romans died because of the ambushes and guerilla warfare. In reality, and it doesn't seem like that in the mod. Please recongnize that the Romano british are tooo strong, the Picts are tooooooo weak, and that the factions (picts, romanos, and saxons because they always get kicked out of britain) are totally imbalanced in Britain.
    Last edited by callofktulukunz; May 16, 2007 at 03:07 PM.

We were better becouse we had an Arthur (and roman heavy cavalery).
    This is historical game thus not balanced; Picts are not knowed from their empire building. WTH are Romanos? you mean Ramano British Right? Picts ahve two poor towns they're barbaric after all, RB have four and better economy becouse they're roman faction, besides you told us the Picts were sucsesfull in guerilla warfare which is not well implemented in RTW the battles and sieges rules. If the RB were as fragmented as in history (only Ambrosius and Artur united them) they will be unplayable. BTW could enybody tell me why British legioneres cannot make shield wall, also why I cannot retrain heavy cavalery units like in 6.05.

Quote Originally Posted by A_B View Post
    Or they could be relatively cheap to buy, but have an equal cost for upkeep - esentialy making them useful for emergancies only, followed by quickly disbanding the ones that survive. I don't think the AI would handle this very well, but it would be an interesting choice for the human player, and fairly realistic.
    this is an excellent idea. I will be implementing this, maybe not 'equal' but very near so

Nothing wrong with having several EDU, which can be swapped in and out by players depending on factions.
    problem is making changes in one means making changes in all...

BTW could enybody tell me why British legioneres cannot make shield wall,
    have to fix that
    also why I cannot retrain heavy cavalery units like in 6.05
    the heaviest cav unit recruitable are the equites promoti, the regular cavlryman of the era.
    Stalesiani and Scutarii have become Governors bodyguards so should be very elite units, made them moe difficult to train. but will maybe make tham a bit easier than current.
    will also make auxilias unrecruitable for Romans from governors palace (militia units can be recruited from that time)

re: Picts, improving them just a bit makes them overrun the RB in no time at all.
    Britannia is really very difficult to balance esp w/ the Saxons behaving the eway they're supposed to. right now RB is too strong so they usu overrun the Picts but the Picts overruning Britannia is just as ridiculous... I have tried adding spawning Saxon armies in Britain but the scripts make the game unstable...
    am really thinking of swapping the Picts for the Gaels, putting them in Ireland, and adding a landbridge between Ireland and Scotland
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia

INVASIO BARBARORVM II

Quote Originally Posted by A_B View Post

I've been working on the foederati use and cost idea on the Rio mod lately because of their huge importance in the mid 5th century as seen for instance at the battle of Chalons. I like A_B's idea of low coast high upkeep(I gave them low costs but now see I should have given them high upkeep) The limitanei, I made for low cost and upkeep. Also I have implemented a system of recruitable mercenaries and foederati that can be recruited and trained at local forts with very high upkeep. The idea was to get this type of army involved in the game as it was in history, and to use them more for emergency purposes or short term. It still needs some tweaking but I think its a start.

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

the heaviest cav unit recruitable are the equites promoti, the regular cavlryman of the era.
    Stalesiani and Scutarii have become Governors bodyguards so should be very elite units, made them moe difficult to train. but will maybe make tham a bit easier than current.
    will also make auxilias unrecruitable for Romans from governors palace (militia units can be recruited from that time)

re: Picts, improving them just a bit makes them overrun the RB in no time at all.
    Britannia is really very difficult to balance esp w/ the Saxons behaving the eway they're supposed to. right now RB is too strong so they usu overrun the Picts but the Picts overruning Britannia is just as ridiculous... I have tried adding spawning Saxon armies in Britain but the scripts make the game unstable...
    am really thinking of swapping the Picts for the Gaels, putting them in Ireland, and adding a landbridge between Ireland and Scotland
    I already fixed them, they're avaible for RB in export_descr_build.text so they're listed in building rooster, i added RB for owners in export_descr_unit.txt so now they're in training rooster too,lack of shield wall was easy to fix too, Now I know at least that it was the bug. Auxilia and foederati can be recruited as cheap to hire but costly in upkeep mercenaries in world map only, it shoud be easier to implement than script change. I play with full script without limes and Saxons work as gold; they're make landing regulary and even take Venta Icenorum few turns after loading game. only unstability is the defend limes script easy to purge And IRC Scotts came to Scotland in V/VI century AD from Ireland so maybe thay shoud be implemented in place of Picts, Picts made a rebels north of the wall and Britain divided in five provinces, the fifth could be a Dumonia or Valentia, the three east provincess ruled by Vortigern(as rebels too?) and two western by ambrosius/Uther/Arthur. The RB even with heavy cavalery will have the chalenge fighting first rebel picts and vortiginians and later scotts and Saxons. Thank you Ramon for this great mod

Hey, is there a way that can stop ERE from starting a unprovoke invasion of WRE??

Echbart's Avatar Decanus

Do you ply with scripts?

I changed the IBFD.txt's "console_command diplomatic_stance empire_west empire_east neutral" to "allied" Did i did wrong...?