Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: ==Invasio Barbarorvm VII Discussion==

Default Re: ==Invasio Barbarorvm VII Discussion==

Can the new upgrade 7.03 be downloaded/installed over top of version 7 without issues?

Cheers

Ramon Gonzales y Garcia's Avatar Nobleza y Valor

Quote Originally Posted by Scamander View Post
    Can the new upgrade 7.03 be downloaded/installed over top of version 7 without issues?

Cheers
    its made to be installed on top of v7. of course if ur a bit wary, u can always use JSGME and be able to return to v7.0
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia

INVASIO BARBARORVM II

Proud patron of Riothamus, Pompeius Magnus and SeniorBatavianHorse
    If we had gone so far, it is because we stand on the shoulders of giants

Pompeius Magnus's Avatar primus inter pares

Important questions:

In my version 7.03 Carthago doesn't have a city-wall on campaign map. But in the city-building-list the wall are included.

My pedites Buccelarii are looking like the "normal" Comitatenses. Nothing is changed.
    But I have to say that I installed the version 7.03 "over" 7.02.

In gallia one city has an eastern wall. I don't remember the cities name.

Can anyone cross-check these items??

And a general question: I can "not" recuit Lanciarii as WRE. Is this normal?

How can I enable the script in 7.03?

Ramon what is the house level to play for a historically good balanced game? H-H?
    sorry for bad writings I had little time and did not read what I wrote.
    Last edited by Ettore; May 08, 2007 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ettore View Post
    Ramon what teh hous elevl to paly for a good historically balanced game?
    Whats that??
    @DRACO
    you have to go to the IBFD Folder. Than you must enter the "options" folder.
    After that you go to the "script" folder and double-click and install the "all-scripts" option.

Look, Ramon.
    Thats what I mean. We need a kind of installation manual. Your Mod is too complex. (serious!!)
    Last edited by Pompeius Magnus; May 08, 2007 at 01:11 PM.

I will be making a players guide am still thinking of the format:
    html? pdf?

as mentioned elsewhere I suggest medium difficulty for the campaign (alliances will last longer)

In my version 7.03 Carthago doesn't have a city-wall on campaign map. But in the city-building-list the wall are included.

My pedites Buccelarii are looking like the "normal" Comitatenses. Nothing is changed.
    But I have to say that I installed the version 7.03 "over" 7.02.

In gallia one city has an eastern wall. I don't remember the cities name.
    hmmm these should have been fixed in 7.03... even if u installed over 7.02 they should be fixed

And a general question: I can "not" recuit Lanciarii as WRE. Is this normal?
    not that u cannot recruit them, but the u do not own the regions where u can recruit them.
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia

INVASIO BARBARORVM II

Tanks Magnus this is real clever done, and thanks for quick response time. BTW: 1) why I can't produce the equites stablesiani and scutari in Britain just like in 6.0?
    2) Why the british legioneres and pedites romani or coastal levies can't make shield wall?

Quote Originally Posted by Draco Borealis View Post
    Tanks Magnus this is real clever done, and thanks for quick response time. BTW: 1) why I can't produce the equites stablesiani and scutari in Britain just like in 6.0?
    2) Why the british legioneres and pedites romani or coastal levies can't make shield wall?
    to 1)
    I am not sure, but maybe this kind of mounted troops are too heavy and too specialized. Perhaps you need some other buildings. Do you checked the building browser?

Quote Originally Posted by Ettore View Post
    sorry for bad writings I had little time and did not read what I wrote.
    I have to say sorry!!
    It was a bad joke. But it looked so funny

I checked it they're in building browser but not in trainining rooster; and without those heavy cavalery troops the Romano British are unplayable.

Ramon,
    Confusion about loading 7.03 - states you need a clean RTW and BI with 1.6 - no mods. Does that mean I need to get rid of v7 before loading 7.03? I haven't tried yet as I like 7.0 and am afraid I'll bugger it up. Please advise

Seleukos Megas's Avatar Foederatus

Hi, Ramon!

I test the new patch 7.03 and found the following bugs:
    I install the patch on clean BI 1.6 + IBFD 7.0

- strange building in Rome (missing card?)

- no roads in Ravenna

- Legio comitanses in Hatomagus without name

- Toletum in spain have elements of eastern architecture

- Condata in gaul have Eastern royal road
    - every large stone wall in gaul are eastern type
    - movement speed for ships to slow, to travel from italy (Ostia) to Spain i need five turns

I hope in next fix/patch this things will be fixed, good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by guntermarx View Post
    Ramon,
    Confusion about loading 7.03 - states you need a clean RTW and BI with 1.6 - no mods. Does that mean I need to get rid of v7 before loading 7.03? I haven't tried yet as I like 7.0 and am afraid I'll bugger it up. Please advise
    hmmm... maybe I need to clear that up more.
    the instructions actually were (more or less, I don't have a copy w/ me at present)
    1. make sure u have a clean RTW
    2. install v7
    3. install v7.03 on top of v7

they are instructions on how to install from scratch (no v7)

also 'no mods' would actually be 'no mods that overwrite the data and bi/data folder' so mods using -mod: switch are OK (ChivTW, FATW-CI, EoD, RIOIV-mod switch version, to name a few) I got all those mods running on my single install

anyway, u can safely install it over IBFD7, in fact u MUST install it over IBFD7. the patches can safely use the JSGME if u want, too.

I checked it they're in building browser but not in trainining rooster; and without those heavy cavalery troops the Romano British are unplayable.
    those troops are available in very high level government building (Imperial palace, I think) this is because these troops are Governor's bodyguards, and should essentially have the same function as the Candidati. HOWEVER, since in campaign only one unit will ever be chosen as a general's bodyguards unit I opted to make the other possible general's bodyguards (Schola Palatina, Equites Scutarii, Equites Stablesiani) into 'hard to get' elite troops.
    Razor and I were discussing this actually as he was of the opinion that these troops should be recruitable in low-level gov't buildings, but I am very wary of this as I am afraid the AI might spam the campaign w/ these troops.
    I am still not satisfied w/ the recruiting tree of the Romans esp regarding the Stablesiani/Scutarii/Schola Palatinae... so there might be changes still.

HOWEVER, to improve the chances of the Romano-British I am thinking of adding Equites Catafractarii to their building tree. w/c would be in next version

Hi, Ramon!
    I test the new patch 7.03 and found the following bugs:
    I install the patch on clean BI 1.6 + IBFD 7.0
    thanks for the bug reports

- strange building in Rome (missing card?)
    have to look into that

- no roads in Ravenna
    I wanted to make Ravenna virtually inaccessible (actually I wanted it inaccessible but met up w/ errors) so it has only one way in, w/out a chance of multiple attackers on it, this however makes the 'accessible' tiles only 1 tile by 1tile in width w/c cannot show roads. I still think a virtually inaccessible Ravenna is more important than visible roads so will leave it at that unless I can find a way to make Ravenna easily defensible but w/ visible roads

- Legio comitanses in Hatomagus without name
    have to check this out

- Toletum in spain have elements of eastern architecture
    the problem here is this: All of Spain are supposed to have Roman architecture, as they were just invaded by the Vandals, so I assigned the Territories to WRE but w/ a Vandal army occupying it.

unfortunately, when a faction cannot build a certain bldg but it is available in their territory it seems it reverts to 'eastern' by default.

I am still trying to find a way to
    a) make the default to Roman instead of Eastern (I actuially expected it to be this way-but it isn't) or
    b) make a way by script to start the territories as WRE then are occupied by Vandals (probably most feasible)

- Condata in gaul have Eastern royal road
    - every large stone wall in gaul are eastern type
    hmmm... I thought I fixed that (by allowing Imperium Constantini to build these buildings) but obviously I missed that
    - movement speed for ships to slow, to travel from italy (Ostia) to Spain i need five turns
    I also tried to implement an ancillary that will make them move faster but met w/ some errors so will leave that for next time

I hope in next fix/patch this things will be fixed, good luck!
    cheers
    Last edited by Ramon Gonzales y Garcia; May 11, 2007 at 12:25 AM.
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia

INVASIO BARBARORVM II

Artaserse's Avatar Civis

hallo, after i installed the 0.3 patch there is no more advisor to start the 4tpy, i try to click on towns, to press F1 and click on ?, but nothink, is this a feature, or there is another way to activate the script? am i missing somethink?

ive done the process 2 times, install 7.0, all ok, than install 0.3 and no script advisor... hmmm

Echbart's Avatar Decanus

Same with me, no more 4tpy....some new script that is autoload?

ANd Lakhmids horde desert calvary has pesant unit card.

Quote Originally Posted by Artaserse View Post
    hallo, after i installed the 0.3 patch there is no more advisor to start the 4tpy, i try to click on towns, to press F1 and click on ?, but nothink, is this a feature, or there is another way to activate the script? am i missing somethink?

ive done the process 2 times, install 7.0, all ok, than install 0.3 and no script advisor... hmmm
    You must activate the script by yourself:
    -go to IBFD folder
    -go to the option folder
    -go to script folder
    -doubleclick on that what you want (should be: activate all scripts)

In my 7.03 version "all" scripts are working very well!!!!

By the way:
    the "no roads in Ravenna" is a very good thing. This city was very well protected due to the sea and swamps and mountains.
    Last edited by Pompeius Magnus; May 11, 2007 at 10:32 AM.

Artaserse's Avatar Civis

thanks! i was sure as usually i was missing somethink...

Can somebody help? I installed a fresh bi along with 1.6 patch, inlcuding the ver 7 and 7.03 of the mod but i couldnt start the campaign, it ask for selection from a list, when i close the program, a error message pop out, refering to some script error of descr_strat file

Hi...i have played as Saxons.They lack archers, they have eastern building balistica or something like that.There is no archery range for Saxons so far.

Cavalary is faaaar superior to ordinary spearmen, they just charge in my ranks and cavalary of 40 are decimating even 3 medium spearmen units.

Also seems every unit exept peasants are HEROES, evryone fights to the death!Exept mine ofcourse...

Saxon general looks funny now, his bodyguards are giants and he looks like gnome compared to them.I liked earlier version of generals better i must say.Also generals unit have spears, but they hold both spears and swords in same hand.Could it be possible to have button to switch betwean swords and spears?

Also I thought Saxon were supposed to have superior infantry in the game, Franks owne them completly!

If you cant bring back look of old generals, can you at least make general and flag bearer be same size...plz, visualy it kills mu game.

Plz fix it so i can recruit archers for Saxons as they are unplayble now.

I know cavalary should own other infantry, but plz even heavy RB cavalary shouldnt stand chance against 300 spears head on!They are supposed to decimate archers and light infantry/medium infantry maybe.But against spears
    its just silly.
    Fighting with the Wisdom, the Bosnian Kingdom