Thread: Is a seperate install possible?

Default Is a seperate install possible?

Is there any way to install the mod in a separate folder and get it to work?
    I really want to play but I already have another mod affecting the data folder, and a backup would take too much space.. Any way around the problem?

Default Re: Is a seperate install possible?

No, as some files need to be in the main game folder.

is it possible to use a mod switch? Could I copy the files needed into a separate folder along with your files? Or would that require a full backup of the game?

Quote Originally Posted by (\/)uj View Post
    Or would that require a full backup of the game?
    This one.

Hmm I'm confused. I installed AD into my main M2TW folder that already had the LTC mod in it. When it installed I am able to launch the .bat file to run it the same with the LTC .bat. It seems I am able to play LTC, AD and vanilla by using the appropriate .bat or .exe shortcut for the coresponding version without any ill effects. Is that normal? I am use to RTW where I have to use the mod switch tool to load/unload between mods on the same install. Does the .bat file just load what is needed as a temp file in the data folder or what? I'm not sure how it works.

Take in count that some vanilla files are modified by AD so you can use other mods but they will also use the AD modified files and I don't know how much they could be compatible.

Anyway this problem is a temporary one as I already run the next version of AD in a separate mod folder install (using the leaked 1.2 patch of course, it wasn't possible before).

Quote Originally Posted by Re Berengario I View Post
    Take in count that some vanilla files are modified by AD so you can use other mods but they will also use the AD modified files and I don't know how much they could be compatible.

Anyway this problem is a temporary one as I already run the next version of AD in a separate mod folder install (using the leaked 1.2 patch of course, it wasn't possible before).
    So to run it without overwriting the vanilla files I will have to run it from a mod folder? Is this possible with the current version or do I have to wait for the next?
    HOPE IS NOT A STRATEGY!

I managed to make 0.93 work in a modfolder with the 1.2 patch. You need to do all the work manually for the moment though.

Quote Originally Posted by Re Berengario I View Post
    I managed to make 0.93 work in a modfolder with the 1.2 patch. You need to do all the work manually for the moment though.
    Ohh ok. Well I wouldn't know where to even start with doing it manually so I guess I will just wait till the new versions self installer to make it work.
    HOPE IS NOT A STRATEGY!