Thread: Response for Confirmations

Default Response for Confirmations

Alright, the response needs to do a few things:

• Ask for a final presentation date.
    • Tell them the areas for which they will be presenting.
    • Explain to them how to proceed with their preferred method of presentation.
    • Other details, such as "syndication" of presentation material.

I would appreciate if people send out these responses to people they invited, I will take care of Lusted's. It will be up to you to write the actual invitation since they are not standard, but some things I will write up here:

If you have chosen a forum thread, we just ask that you submit your presentation/literature to us, and we will post it for you ASAP. Please keep an eye on the thread, and address any questions. We would like for the discussion to be open for approximately one week.

If you have chosen MSN or mIRC, we ask, first, that you submit a finalized date and time for your presentation. A few days before, some sort of more in-depth overview and outline should be submitted and it will be posted. The discussion can last as long as you would like. After the presentation, a transcript of the chat will be posted in the thread.

If you have chosen Ventrillo, we will need a finalized date and time for your conference. A few days before, please sumbit an in-depth overview or outline so we can post it. The discussion may be limited in size because of software restrictions, but hopefully this will not be a problem. Because of software concerns (namely, recording of the chat), Ventrillo will be our software of choice. A very simple configuration readme will be sent out within the next week, as well as the IP of the server you will be connecting to.
    ----
    Please be aware that once the Symposium is complete, TWC will be sorting the material into various digital formats (a pdf for the text methods, a podcast for the audio methods). This will be taken care of by editors of the Symposium. Once this is done, we will make them available for distribution and download.
    ----
    I've attached a list of who the speakers are for each topic. Some topics have more than one, feel free to do a joint presentation, or two individual ones, though perhaps it would be wise to coordinate so the same material isn't convered.

(WHEN THIS LIST IS FINAL I WILL TELL YOU GUYS, NEED TO HEAR BACK FROM A COUPLE MORE PEOPLE)
    • Methods of team coordination: Kagemusha and Dragenses
    • Recruitment: Agraes
    • Optimal team sizes and responsibilities: Prof420 and Monkwarrior
    • Incentives/punishments and Team Mutiny: Zhuge Liang
    • Software handling and Infrastructure: Prof420
    • Handling Public Relations and Beta Testing: Lusted
    I would suggeset you try and help them out with ideas if they are stuck, call upon their experience, give them suggestions and bullet points, etc. I will try and write up a complete invite later tonight if I have time for a further example.
    Count no man happy until he is dead.

Default Re: Response for Confirmations

As prof is currently busy I said I'd do second response to his list, please confirm that is:
    Zhuge_Liang - Incentives - msn, mirc, forum thread
    Lusted - Handling Public Relations and Beta Testing - Teleconference/VOIP
    Kagemusha Methods of team coordination- MSN,Forum thread
    dragases1453 Methods of team coordination -Forum or MSN
    Professor420 - Software handling and Infrastructure & Optimal team sizes and responsibilities - Teleconference/VOIP : (I'll ignore him though, but hopefully he will send us answers on his topics anyway ,)

I think that leaves Publius to contact:
    Agraes - recruitment - Forum or MSN
    Monkwarrior - Optimal team sizes and responsibilities - Forum thread.
    if he hasn't already .....

those are as main speakers, still leaving drak out as he seemed more willing to be in general discussion than speaker.... btw we do need to work out if we need any TWC assigned resources, sub-forum etc. for this....

I've PM'd:
    Zhuge_Liang
    Lusted
    Kagemusha
    dragases1453
    have copied those PM's to Prof420 as well so he can comment on anything I've missed / messed up

Update is: everyone on prof's speaker list from post #1 has been PM'd but Lusted and Zhuge_Liang are only responses as of today. Apart from an early date we couldn't have met Zhuge_Liang is only going to be available after 23rd April - exact date still to be confirmed. Also as speaker and co-ordinator Prof isn't going to be available until after 17th April earliest.... ...we're waiting to hear from other four but its looking like towards end of month at least.

Even so we need to make sure we know what we are doing in terms of attendee invites and infrastructure so we're ready when speakers are, will post in appropriate threads on those issues.

Update:
    Methods of team coordination: Kagemusha and dragases1453
    unfortunately Kagemusha has had to drop out due to RL issues. Coincidentally
    selenius4tsd has volunteered to work with dragases on the topic, so we are back to having joint speakers for that. They are happy with either MSN or forum option. I haven't checked exact times with them yet but from profiles they are both on GMT +1 / 2.

Where speakers don't mind which method to use could we please have a think about what is best from our point of view in infrastructure thread? This topic is between MSN / forum and Zhuge's between MSN / TWC chat.

Mak, I'm still getting nothing - I have Ag on msn, I'll try to find him there. If you could try to contact Monkwarrior, would you mind? Sorry

sorry Publius, I should have posted before, Monkwarrior got both our messages at same time I think he was pm'ing you as well, but gist of it was he's happily still working on it; hopes to send us a first draft by April 20th-22nd for discussion then do final version for the end of April.

Need to firm up attendee bits before we get behind the speakers - unfortunately I'm all out of inspiration at the moment.....

Rather than split up issues I'm just trying to summarise where I think we are in this thread now:

* Methods of team coordination: Dragenses and selenius4tsd
    Method: MSN or forum (they don't seem to have preference so us to advise)
    Date: I advised towards end of April, need to check back again on progress...

* Recruitment: Agraes (unconfirmed)

* Optimal team sizes and responsibilities: Prof420 and Monkwarrior
    Monkwarrior:
    Method: Forum Thread
    Date: Outline expected soon, symposium possibly end of April
    Prof420:
    Method: ventrillo
    Date: tbc
    method of co-ordination with Monkwarrior also to be worked out....

* Incentives/punishments and Team Mutiny: Zhuge Liang
    Method: MSN messenger or the TWC mIRC channel (no preference between, so our decision - I'd vote MSN...)
    Date: available after 23rd April (tbc)

* Software handling and Infrastructure: Prof420
    Method: Ventrillo
    Date: tbc

* Handling Public Relations and Beta Testing: Lusted
    Method: Ventrillo
    Date: tbc, I advised that symposium was heading towards end of April...

there is some discussion on attendee invites in other thread, exact details of wording / how / who to invite can be worked out there but we need to work out what is practical in terms of timing to get attendees organised before any of the 'live' events. I assume absolute minimum gap is a week, for people to recieve / view info and apply get software / msn links etc. but could possibly do with longer. (and we need definite commitment from committee members that they are available during that time period to organise things!)

We also need to work out how specific we are going to try and be about seminar times in invite for attendees to sign up for specific 'talks'. Pinning down speakers a week or so in advance may prove difficult, but then again setting timing closer to event and finding out attendees aren't available for actual event would not be good!