Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: how can there possibly be 1 almighty god?

Default Re: how can there possibly be 1 almighty god?

Yes. This world is nothing but a test to see who is faithful and who is not faithful. Not only that, the purpose of the Human is to be both faithful, and to try to eliminate suffering from the world for the comfort of their fellow man.
    And if you're not faithful he sends you to hell, let me sum this up:
    There is someone who created you
    He created you to look after something he created
    He is alll powerful so dosn't need the help but felt like it anyway
    He watches everything you do, even when no-one is watching
    He has this special list of things you're not allowed to do on the thing he created
    If you break any of these you go automaticly to hell, you burn and suffer for eternity
    But he LOVES you!

That is where faith comes in. We must all have faith, plus I have read the books and understand everything that is said in there and agree on all aspects of it.
    You would therefore agree on the above

Look at the Middle East right after Prophet Muhammad(pbuh). There was a massive boom in every aspect of life, science, math, history, etc. This is what Islam encourages, not the opposite.
    Yes, all meaningless slaughters of unbelievers, Jihads and sunni-shi'ite conflicts have all brought nothing but good to the world. In fact our most stable and peace bringing countries are in the middle east, which spread their wisdom and goodness throught the globe.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee1026 View Post
    So it is bad for us to cause pain and suffering, but it is not bad for God to cause pain and suffering.
    We do it out of greed, anger, hatred, etc. We do not think clearly like God, nor are we perfect like God.

Well, if they are screaming in pain, then it is not at all doubtful that it is unpleasant. Besides, the Christan God actually does torture people personally, in the book revelations. I am not sure if the Islamic God ever does the same, but as the Islamic God did kill innocent children in Egpyt.
    We do not know what they feel. It is impossible for us to know. The human body is a marvelous creation and reacts in various ways. We do not know how someone felt before their death, only God knows this.

And it fell apart in short order, and extremism set in and prevented all sorts of progress. Prophet Muhammad's ideas may not have been bad ones in the short run, but without the individualism that are promoted by Protestantism and modern deism, Atheism, there is little hope of them keeping up in the long run.
    No, people corrupted it. If Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) had remained there and had not died, you can rest assure that it would be a perfect place for living. People corrupt religion, the religion is not corrupt.

Quote Originally Posted by Setarcos Aneist View Post
    And if you're not faithful he sends you to hell, let me sum this up:
    There is someone who created you
    He created you to look after something he created
    He is alll powerful so dosn't need the help but felt like it anyway
    He watches everything you do, even when no-one is watching
    He has this special list of things you're not allowed to do on the thing he created
    If you break any of these you go automaticly to hell, you burn and suffer for eternity
    But he LOVES you!
    We're not here to preserve or look after the Earth. God is in control of everything including the earth. He restricts immoral action, and if you hard another creation of his which you have no right to do, then yes, you are punished.

You would therefore agree on the above
    The majority of what you said was incorrect, so no, I do not agree with it.

Yes, all meaningless slaughters of unbelievers, Jihads and sunni-shi'ite conflicts have all brought nothing but good to the world. In fact our most stable and peace bringing countries are in the middle east, which spread their wisdom and goodness throught the globe.
    As I said, people corrupted the religion, and region. The religion itself is not corrupt. Do you agree?

Salaam,
    D=Adnan

Tiro

What if YOU where god? what would you do then?
    personnaly, since i am almighty, i create a new prophet. since i know that i am the only god. and then i take care that everybody believes EXACTLY what they hould believe. not 1 thousand different forms not even getting near to what should happen.and then, when i'm done. i'll go to sleep since i'm useless now anyway. cause i did what i'm supposed to do.
    anyways. yesterday i suddenly thought of something. what created god...
    Dutch pride...

We do it out of greed, anger, hatred, etc. We do not think clearly like God, nor are we perfect like God.
    So basically, God can do the same thing as me, but one action will be good and one will be evil, right?
    Curious theory of morality. I always favored the school of thought that the action itself is more important then the reasons behind the action. As they say, the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

We do not know what they feel. It is impossible for us to know. The human body is a marvelous creation and reacts in various ways. We do not know how someone felt before their death, only God knows this.
    But we can make educated guesses, and those does not favor god.

No, people corrupted it. If Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) had remained there and had not died, you can rest assure that it would be a perfect place for living. People corrupt religion, the religion is not corrupt.
    Well, this is why I always thought of Islam as a somewhat flawed religion, as it is so remarkably easy to corrupt. Speaking of that, why didn't God keep Prophets on Earth at all times? Wouldn't that make the world a much better place to live?

Irishman's Avatar Let me out of my mind

Have you ever seen someone die of cancer. I have. There is no relief of their suffering, and to claim there is one is an affront to what these people go through. Take a trip to the local ER and tell the nurses that they dont need to use morphine because God is taking away their pain. Then see how they respond.
    The flow of time is always cruel... its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it... A thing that does not change with time is a memory of younger days...

Under the perspicacious and benevolent patronage of the great and honorable Rez and a member of S.I.N

He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice. This disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, how violently I hate all this, how despicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be a part of so base an action. It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder.

We're not here to preserve or look after the Earth. God is in control of everything including the earth. He restricts immoral action, and if you hard another creation of his which you have no right to do, then yes, you are punished.
    He loves you and is benevolent yet imposes punishments?
    You have free will but are restricted?
    Hippocracy is the medium of the books it seems

The majority of what you said was incorrect, so no, I do not agree with it.
    Sorry, I must be looking at the origninal God over your new replacement in Islam, pardon me

As I said, people corrupted the religion, and region. The religion itself is not corrupt. Do you agree?

Salaam,
    D=Adnan
    Not at all, Islam itself is a corruption of Judaism, which is corrupt itself, when Genocide and Xenophobia is preached by a holy book, then it can no longer be called holy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee
    So basically, God can do the same thing as me, but one action will be good and one will be evil, right?
    Curious theory of morality. I always favored the school of thought that the action itself is more important then the reasons behind the action. As they say, the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
    God is the creator of morality. Everything he does is moral. He is perfect. Humans do things that are illogical, immoral, and things that they cannot take back no matter how hard they try.

But we can make educated guesses, and those does not favor god.
    We can, but those are incorrect, and while it may seem God's actions are immoral, they are not. They all have reasons behind them that we are unaware of, and therefore assume are evil.

Well, this is why I always thought of Islam as a somewhat flawed religion, as it is so remarkably easy to corrupt. Speaking of that, why didn't God keep Prophets on Earth at all times? Wouldn't that make the world a much better place to live?
    All religions are, as man is open to corruption. Not only that, it is our greed, anger, hatred, etc that fuel our corruption. Religion is there to help us keep those actions away from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Irishman View Post
    Have you ever seen someone die of cancer. I have. There is no relief of their suffering, and to claim there is one is an affront to what these people go through. Take a trip to the local ER and tell the nurses that they dont need to use morphine because God is taking away their pain. Then see how they respond.
    I have as well. As I have said before as well, Humans job is to try to use religion, our minds aka Iqal, and faith to help our fellow humans. God does everything for a reason.

He loves you and is benevolent yet imposes punishments?
    You have free will but are restricted?
    Hippocracy is the medium of the books it seems
    Being benevolent and to impose punishment are not hypocritical. We are to use our Iqal, if we fail to do so, then the blame lies upon us. We must use our Iqal to gain knowledge of both, science and religion. Religion will lead us to paradise/salvation. Free will is Iqal.

Sorry, I must be looking at the origninal God over your new replacement in Islam, pardon me
    I see you are ignorant to the concepts of Islam. Please read up on why God revealed Islam before you ignorantly insult ones faith.

Not at all, Islam itself is a corruption of Judaism, which is corrupt itself, when Genocide and Xenophobia is preached by a holy book, then it can no longer be called holy.
    No, Islam is the uncorrupted faith of God, while Judaism and Christianity are also legitimate faiths of God. Xenophobia is not in Islam, nor is Genocide. Islam condemns both actions as immoral and denying God's creations.

Salaam,
    Adnan

Irishman's Avatar Let me out of my mind

No, Islam is the uncorrupted faith of God, while Judaism and Christianity are also legitimate faiths of God. Xenophobia is not in Islam, nor is Genocide. Islam condemns both actions as immoral and denying God's creations.
    And there is nothing in the koran about killing converts, right?
    The flow of time is always cruel... its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it... A thing that does not change with time is a memory of younger days...

Under the perspicacious and benevolent patronage of the great and honorable Rez and a member of S.I.N

He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice. This disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, how violently I hate all this, how despicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be a part of so base an action. It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder.

God is the creator of morality. Everything he does is moral. He is perfect. Humans do things that are illogical, immoral, and things that they cannot take back no matter how hard they try.
    There is a problem with God being moral by definition - if we go by that definition, then we end up concluding that even if God roast people for fun, then he is still good. Not a comforting thought.

We can, but those are incorrect, and while it may seem God's actions are immoral, they are not. They all have reasons behind them that we are unaware of, and therefore assume are evil.
    Gee, if I did these things, and I used the defense that there are moral reasons that you are no aware of for the things that I did, would you let me off?

All religions are, as man is open to corruption. Not only that, it is our greed, anger, hatred, etc that fuel our corruption. Religion is there to help us keep those actions away from us.
    To date, no one have had much luck trying to corrupt protestantism to any great extant.

God does everything for a reason.
    You hope that he does everything for a reason. There is a key difference.

The simplest solution to the problem is to proclaim that "God does not exist," but this logic is essentially flawed because we have to define what God is, in order to prove that such thing indeed does not exist.

Immanuel Kant, in his book "The Critique of Pure Reason" argued that it is not possible to prove the existence of God. If you wish to read, download the following zipfile:
    http://www.library.adelaide.edu.au/e.../k16p/k16p.zip

There is a problem with God being moral by definition - if we go by that definition, then we end up concluding that even if God roast people for fun, then he is still good. Not a comforting thought.
    He doesn't do it for fun, but for reasons which we do not know. Our foresight is limited while God's is unlimited.

Gee, if I did these things, and I used the defense that there are moral reasons that you are no aware of for the things that I did, would you let me off?
    If you were all knowing, all seeing, morally perfect, the creator of morals, most powerful thing in existence, etc etc, then yes. I'd understand there are reasons for everything you'd do, and i'd understand that.

To date, no one have had much luck trying to corrupt protestantism to any great extant.
    That is because many people are Protestants only in name. Many of my friends who are Protestants go to church only because their parents tell them. They don't care about religion, nor do they want to learn more.

You hope that he does everything for a reason. There is a key difference.
    I know that he does everything for a reason.

salaam,
    Adnan

He doesn't do it for fun, but for reasons which we do not know. Our foresight is limited while God's is unlimited.
    So we just hope that this is the case.

And you know this how....

Sephynos's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by MasterAdnin View Post
    many believers like to say G*d, do everything for a reason. Which is not the case, because men is free, so free that madness between each of us can be done. Causes to effect, consequence. The law of nature for a reason... so everything may combine or not, but for being able to BE together as different as possible.

Everything as a reason? No. Nothing as a reason, because giving a reason to something make it non-perfect and non-perfectible. As we can define it from a beginning function to an ending process. Having no reason to be, makes it free, and gives it the "power" to be perfectible (like infinitely upgrading, to changes or adapt).

Thats why G*d is G*d, making the emptiness and the nothingness become everything. That undefinable power.
    Last edited by Sephynos; April 20, 2007 at 12:58 AM.
    I believe that to meet the challenges of our times, human beings will have to develop a greater sense of universal responsibility. Each of us must learn to work not just for oneself, one's own family or nation, but for the benefit of all humankind. Universal responsibility is the key to human survival. It is the best foundation for world peace.

And you know this how....
    He's all knowing, all seeing, perfect in every sense of the word, etc etc. I think it's pretty self explanatory.

Salaam,
    Adnan

It is circular too.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterAdnin View Post
    He's all knowing, all seeing, perfect in every sense of the word, etc etc. I think it's pretty self explanatory.

Salaam,
    Adnan
    Surely being all-knowing means knowing what will happen next. Therefore, why bother putting people on this Earth to test them to see whether they are good or evil when he knows the result already? Why bother giving people free-will when it won't change anything for him because he knows what will result of it? This means that everything you do and will do is known about by God.

This means that you actually have no free will, due to the fact that God knew exactly what would happen before he supposedly created you. ie, he created you for a purpose that you cannot possibly change as everything must be planned out already since God is all-knowing.

Or, it means that God isn't completely all-knowing and has given us free will. Either way, both factors cannot surely exist at the same time?

But he LOVES you!

No murdering, no evil doing, anything bad. If you repent, just hope for your ass to be saved if you have done anything seriously bad.

The worst is associating stuff to God.

You just reap what you sow.
    Last edited by Yosemite; April 23, 2007 at 01:10 PM.

Turbo's Avatar Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Time Commander Bob View Post
    Surely being all-knowing means knowing what will happen next. Therefore, why bother putting people on this Earth to test them to see whether they are good or evil when he knows the result already? Why bother giving people free-will when it won't change anything for him because he knows what will result of it? This means that everything you do and will do is known about by God.

This means that you actually have no free will, due to the fact that God knew exactly what would happen before he supposedly created you. ie, he created you for a purpose that you cannot possibly change as everything must be planned out already since God is all-knowing.

Or, it means that God isn't completely all-knowing and has given us free will. Either way, both factors cannot surely exist at the same time?
    Faulty reasoning and here is why -

Foreknowledge - It is man through his free will who makes the choice of which path he will follow. God knows where each path will take him and what the outcome will be.

Selective Intervention - God intervenes in the natural course of events usually as a result of man's choices. The intervention itself would be unnecessary if everything were predestined. Another term for this is 'fate'. This is what is in the bible.

Predestination - The path for man is fixed. There is no free will. Another term for this is 'destiny'. This is calvinism and is usually a protestant theology.

As you can see, there are many theological thoughts on this. But only one thought concludes everything is predestined.
    Last edited by Turbo; April 23, 2007 at 04:26 PM.
    Work of God

Tiro

something made me think. i made this statement to myself, he who wants order will need to have chaos...(don't ask me why)
    so, if a god wanted to have good, he would have needed to have evil. meaning that there could be one almighty god.
    Dutch pride...

One reason i've read that proves that there is one God is that, if you look at one community who have multiple gods, they are not united, and it's a big mess in the religious point. While one God unite people. And If there was many gods, the universe would be a big mess as each of them would like to have their own laws applied.

Take this post as you want, i'm not here saying i preach truth, but i think that what i've read makes some sense.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast