Thread: Corruption, rebels, difficulty level

Default Corruption, rebels, difficulty level

Ok seen several people posting about these problems so here's my advice or story whatever you wanna call it. Not every point is to do with problems people have posted about.

I'm 100 turns in, i have been hooked on this mod since i downloaded it, am playing as england on h/h with the addon superpack.

I have not had any problems with too many rebels, there are enough to give your generals some experience and be a thorn in your side once in a while, but not so many that it pisses you off.

I have not had any problems with too much corruption, or devestation, or pop growth.

Campaign turns are slow by now, but it's worth it, i have to remember to lower campaign graphics (shadows etc.) and not to follow AI movements, each time i load, to reduce the turn time slightly.

With the addon, battles can lag a bit, especially if your unit scale is huge, and graphics are high, and it's a 2000 v 2000 battle, (even if you have a good pc) reduce unit scale and/or graphics when using the addon.

AI seems to be quite agressive and suprisingly co-ordinated, the HRE were torn apart, and Hungary, milan and sicily all declared war on venice in the same turn, (they were allied with one another), Although no-one seems to declare a ceasefire, but i prefer this to 2.0 which had few alliances and few wars.

Edit - My advice for those with rebel/corruption problems: lower campaign difficulty to Hard, not Very hard, i think it's the difficulty level affecting these and not the mod.
    Last edited by HIGGUM; March 30, 2007 at 11:01 AM.

Default Re: Corruption, rebels, difficulty level

thanks

repman

BareBonesWars 8.1 for RTW 1.5
    Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Deus lo Vult DLV 6.2 for MTW II Kingdoms
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics

I do play VH/VH. So that may be it.

Although VH strategically does seem to keep the AI more active. I have had not had the problems some have had with the AI doing nothing. There are wars going on, even Christian vs. Christian, and in my 20 turn so far Danish game I've already seen two excommunications.

I'd rather tone down the effects than dumb down the AI.

Siculus

Fair enough, i wouldn't say Hard campaign difficulty dumbs down the AI, but it's your call.

I don't know about you guys, but I just got my ASS kicked by turn 80 as HRE -- I tried to expand rapidly and lost my offensive armies -- plus a bunch of family/generals.....wow -- this is a good challenge -- I'm a happy camper!