Thread: Really love the mod, but building times are WAY too long!

bigdaddy1204's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Really love the mod, but building times are WAY too long!

I am really impressed by this mod. I really, really like all the new features that have been added. The new loading screens, the new names for the factions, and almost everything about the new campaign map, are stunning.

However, there is just one feature of this mod that makes it unplayable for me. The building times! Construction now takes 4 times as long as vanilla. I have no idea how on earth anyone can expect to complete a campaign under such conditions!

I want to emphasise now that I really like this mod, which is why I am here writing this post. I really want to play and enjoy this excellent mod. But with building times so long, I'm afraid I can't even contemplate a campaign.

So, I want to ask, is there any way the building construction times could be tweaked? I would change them myself if I knew how, but at the moment it's completely beyond me. Can anyone help me with this? If only this one issue could be fixed, then I feel I would be so happy with Anno Domini that I would never need another mod...

Please help me find a way to change the building construction times! If it can't be done by myself, then is there any chance you would consider changing the construction times for your next release? I know you're not going to change the mod just for one person, but surely I'm not the only one who has felt this way?

Default Re: Really love the mod, but building times are WAY too long!

Building times are adjusted to the overall turn time. Take a look in your overview - you have 800 turns at your disposal. So it makes perfect sense that when you have 4x more turns, most things will take 4x longer to build.

One thing that is on the negative side is the AI turn time, takes 2-5 minutes (more or less) so with 800 turns....

Change them yourself. Its easy. Look up how to edit the export_buildings_descr.txt file.

bigdaddy1204's Avatar Campidoctor

Actually it's ok now - I found a solution to my problem. I downloaded the 'Rise of Kings' mod, which has many of the same features as Anno Domini, but without the extra turn times. It's not quite as atmospheric though - I really liked the new 'medieval' style load screens and artworks of your mod, together with the faction names, the 'banquet' feature and other such things. Still, I'm having great fun with ROK now. Good work on the features you guys put in!