Thread: TLR-changing from 0.5 yr to 1.0 yr.......how to?

Default TLR-changing from 0.5 yr to 1.0 yr.......how to?

hi. i would like to know if there is a way to change the TLR from a half year to 1 year based turns....................
    i have edited the descr_events.txt file by changing the date to just the half of the values that were there............
    the game seems to work correctly but i think the events are happening a bit faster than they should..............
    i also would like to know if there is a list of the events shown in years somewhere in this forum..................i need this to calculate the events when they should happen.................
    this should be all.............and thank you for your reply...............
    sorry for my english.....

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

Default Re: TLR-changing from 0.5 yr to 1.0 yr.......how to?

Moved to the TLR forum.

The events file doesn't affect the amount of years per turn, it affects what year after the game start each event happens. You need to edit the timescale line in descr_strat to change how many years per turn.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

Quote Originally Posted by Lusted View Post
    Moved to the TLR forum.

The events file doesn't affect the amount of years per turn, it affects what year after the game start each event happens. You need to edit the timescale line in descr_strat to change how many years per turn.
    i know............but when i change the from 0.5 yr to 1.0 yr the events will happen lately............
    example: the first event event of the windmills happens sometime in 1180 and later................but it should happen sometime in 1120...........

Socal_infidel's Avatar PDER Piper

The events in the descr_events files are linked to years not turns (i.e First Windmill happens 50 years from beginning of game, not 50 turns). So there is no need to change it. And if you have halved the numbers in there that explains why everything is occuring sooner than it should.

Change em back if you want them to occur as normal.