Thread: Whats the difference between RTJ and The Long Road mod?

Sir Nicholas Altman's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Whats the difference between RTJ and The Long Road mod?

Whats the difference between RTJ and The Long Road mod? I started to play RTJ 2.2 with England. It really great. Having a lot of trouble with Scotland. I like all things but I just read that the games crashes 1260. I tryed little bit TLR and I didn't see much difference. Does anybody know what is the difference. I noticed less added provinces at TLR.
    Only think I saw and was kinda stupis is the land bridge between England and the main land. I have Germans and Spaniards walking arouns the island for no purpose. Think it will be better if the game had no bridge there.
    Last edited by Sir Nicholas Altman; March 29, 2007 at 07:08 AM.

Cymera's Avatar Roma Invictus

Default Re: Whats the difference between RTJ and The Long Road mod?

Check the new versions and readmes of both mods, thats why they are there. Then you will know for yourself, because I doubt much of the team here has played other mods much.

Under the Patronage of the Wise Kara Kolyo in the Hallowed House of Wilpuri
    Proud Patron of the Charming
    Balikedes, an Insightful and Tactful Warrior.

Extended Greek Mod (XGM) Lover ..... A mod by DimeBagHo

"
    The wise are instructed by reason, average minds by
    experience, the stupid by necessity and the brute by instinct
    "

- Marcus Tullius Cicero

Default Re: Whats the difference between RTJ and The Long Road mod?

At its core, the Long Road campaign is MUCH slower and more epic in scope than RTJ. Expect your campaign to last in the hundreds of turns (on "short" playing Byzantines mine went something like 450 years @ 1TPY). Buildings are much more expensive and corruption much more rampant making expansion much slower than RTJ. They use a different map which is very large and has a lot more territories than RTJ or vanilla. They've imported another mod (forgot the name) giving the characters a lot more traits and titles.

Basically you won't get the same type of insta huge battles that you can get in RTJ fairly quickly. Its a different slower and more meticulous style of play.