Thread: England vs Andorra

Default England vs Andorra

Half Time 0-0

What a joke, if we can't beat a bunch of amateurs what diginty do we have left. Sack McClaren now!
    I am on fire, but an extinguisher is not required.

Default Re: England vs Andorra

1-0 to England, Steven Gerrard scored.

Finished 3-0

Nice debut for Nugent and a fairly better second-half but I think Mcclaren should still go, the first half and past performances are unforgetable
    Last edited by The Thracian; March 28, 2007 at 04:05 PM.
    I am on fire, but an extinguisher is not required.

Why are you so eager to slag Mclaren? Imagine where they would be without a manager of his calibre. He's only had a couple of games in charge. Once the players get on the pitch, there are only 22 people who can influence the game in either half, and I wouldnt blame Mclaren (I dont think he should have been put in charge in the first place-the FA only put Mclaren in charge because they felt people wanted an English manager. My vote was for O'neill) I'd blame the players. Defensively, they are superb, no one is going to get the tower that is John Terry, but midfield and up front is where the true weaknesses of the team are shown. How long has it been since Rooney scored in a competitive international? 2, maybe 3 years. Get someone like Bent who can score some damn goals, and stop giving out to Mclaren, because if he was sacked now, the team confidenc would go right down the ******* along with the results.

William the Bastard's Avatar Invictus Maneo

Just for reference Andorra has a population of 72,000. My home town of Colchester 105,000 (and how much are our players paid to put out a performance like that?)
    Last edited by William the Bastard; March 28, 2007 at 05:50 PM.

Anachronist's Avatar Domesticus

Bloody hell, i wish i could watch these games.

Eastern Red's Avatar Semisalis

Stevie G the 'Red Heart' probably saves Stevie M the 'Red Face' from global disgrace. England's professional soccer population probably exceeds the entire Andorra's population. A classical case of united hearts against disunited egos.
    YNWA.

THE BEGINNING OF A NEW ERA
    COURTESY OF LORD RAHL

Mr Tuna's Avatar Senator

What counts is the amount of talent in the population or better, how much talent comes out. Meaning if soccer is really important in that country, someones talent could stay undiscovered.

A country like the Netherlands provided a good deal of superb football players while only having a population of 16,75 million, thats about the size of New York right ? Football is just really important here, Holland Is just one big football field. We played very bad against Slovenia though just won 1-0 at the end. And we played 0-0 against the amateurs (no offense its just so) of Luxembourg.
    Drinking does to life what turning the radio up does to a car's engine problems.

-TnC

cegorach's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by The new ceasar View Post
    What counts is the amount of talent in the population or better, how much talent comes out. Meaning if soccer is really important in that country, someones talent could stay undiscovered.
    :hmmm:I dare say that very few countries can compete with England in this obsession, especially a country - what ? - almost 1000 times smaller.
    Enemy of 'illiberal democracies', member of the B.A.L.T.S.
    VISIT Pike and Musket forums VISIT the amazing site about PLC
    under the patronage of the mighty ASTERIX

Cyrus the Virus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Yargh we lost to Northern Ireland. ****

"And the Heavens Shall Tremble"
    Resistance is futile™

"ehn sewr traih-sluyrds-lairareh"

Yuiis's Avatar Senator

Some facts in my brain from Andorra:

Located in the Pyrenees, the country is completely mountanious. The first sport there is skiing. I think theres just like two major soccer fields in the whole country.

Theres just one professional player that I can recall being of Andorran nationality, his name is Albert Celades. He is a bit famous, because he has played both for Barça in first place and then for Madrid. I dont know where exactly he plays now, or if he even plays, hes quite old I think. He has played for Spain already though, and therefore he can`t play with Andorra.

The rest of the players are all amateur.

(...) and that unfortunate People were afterwards forced to undergo the utmost Miseries of a Siege, in their Capital City of Barcelona; during which, great Multitudes of them perished by Famine and the Sword, many of them have since been executed; and great Numbers of the Nobility of Catalonia, who, for their Constancy and Bravery in Defence of their Liberties, and for their Services in Conjunction with Her Majesty and Her Allies, had, in all Honour, Justice, and Conscience, the highest Claim to Her Majesty's Protection, are now dispersed in Dungeons throughout the Spanish Dominions.
    -Journal of the House of Lords: volume 20: 1714-1717, pp. 136-144.

Quote Originally Posted by Boromir View Post
    Yargh we lost to Northern Ireland. ****
    Northern Ireland are probably playing their best football ever tbh

I don't believe they've ever qualified for the European Championship before... now they are currently top of their group, although they did lose 3-0 against Iceland! in September

Gaius Drakan's Avatar Biarchus

Thank **** they dropped Lampard anyway. Gerrard's far better and everyone knows they can't play in the same team at the same time.

Cyrus the Virus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by Saxon Huscarl View Post
    Northern Ireland are probably playing their best football ever tbh

I don't believe they've ever qualified for the European Championship before... now they are currently top of their group, although they did lose 3-0 against Iceland! in September
    I've heard in some earlier qualification they didn't score at all. Not a single goal..
    Something have happened.

"And the Heavens Shall Tremble"
    Resistance is futile™

"ehn sewr traih-sluyrds-lairareh"

Mr Tuna's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by cegorach View Post
    :hmmm:I dare say that very few countries can compete with England in this obsession, especially a country - what ? - almost 1000 times smaller.
    Lol get your stuff right.
    England is 244,820 sq km compared to
    The Netherlands 41,526 km²
    I ment UK ofcourse

To my estimates thats only 244,820 : 41,526 = 5,9 times larger.
    No need for exxageration

Source: CIA Worldfactbook
    Drinking does to life what turning the radio up does to a car's engine problems.

-TnC

Quote Originally Posted by The new ceasar View Post
    Lol get your stuff right.
    England is 244,820 sq km compared to
    The Netherlands 41,526 km²
    I ment UK ofcourse

To my estimates thats only 244,820 : 41,526 = 5,9 times larger.
    No need for exxageration

Source: CIA Worldfactbook
    I think he's comparing England to Andorra? I might be wrong though

Mr Tuna's Avatar Senator

He was quoting me and i was talking about the netherlands.
    But you matbe right.

-TnC