Thread: Royal Titles

Default Royal Titles

I wonder if it's possible to allow the player to assign new royal titles, earned by conquest, to any family member instead of having those titles assigned to faction leader only.

e.g. I play with Venice and I have earned titles of Rex Croatie and Rex Serbiae... I'd like to assign them to a family member.

Another question: isn't possible to allow the player to choose the faction heir?

Default Re: Royal Titles

No, Royal titles can be acquired only by the faction leader and the heir is choosed by the game and it's a hardcoded thing we cannot modify.

Bleda's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Re Berengario I View Post
    No, Royal titles can be acquired only by the faction leader and the heir is choosed by the game and it's a hardcoded thing we cannot modify.

you're inncorrect. there is no hardcoding regarding who can earn titles. in the Clouds Across Europe mod, and many other dealing with heraldry, titles can be earned simply by leaving a particular family member in a the settlement in question, end turn and you have the title of that settlement, plus whatever traits come with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bleda View Post
    you're inncorrect. there is no hardcoding regarding who can earn titles. in the Clouds Across Europe mod, and many other dealing with heraldry, titles can be earned simply by leaving a particular family member in a the settlement in question, end turn and you have the title of that settlement, plus whatever traits come with it.
    I think it's a bit more complicated regarding the fact that you cannot conquer a nation by taking one town. For gaining Rex Croatiae, you must conquer all the Croatian towns, and that means that you cannot just leave a person in one of the town and consider it the king of Croats, but only a noble of that town.