Thread: Massacre!

Laetus

Default Massacre!

This particular battle really anoyed me!

I was playing the English and had captured Venice. Milan had lay siege and I sent a force to battle the sieging army.
    So the besiegers were on the bridge when I attacked but I had reinforcements from the city garrison coming at them from the other side.
    It was a bit of a nasty fight, 4 units of reinforcements had made it on as my attacking group had been 4 units short of a full stack. The rest of the city garrison, Heavy Bill militia and archer militia mainly could be seen all lined up just outside the red line.

So i fight my way across to the other side and have the Milanese beaten. They retreat, most of the surviving units routing, right through my waiting reinforcements .
    I'm thinking this has to be good but no! the reinforcements just stand there not only letting the fleeing units get away but getting slaughtered by them . I lost between 200 - 300 of the cities garrison, whom I could do absolutley nothing with as they were still outside the red line. I should have kept the picture. lines of dead men.
    I had to charge my initial force right up to the line to make sure I captured any Milanse who were still trying to get away before they killed more of my men! It was crazy

AaronC

Default Re: Massacre!

I had a battle kind of like this. I was the Holy Roman Empire and I attacked an English army that had besieged Hamburg. My elite army attacked from the front, with my city garrison behind. As soon as my army routed the entire English army, the reinforcements were in the perfect position to sandwich them. I exterminated many an Englishmen that day. Offered them ransom, but they refused...

Happens also in Rome TW, but they usually fight back. Nothing you can really do about it, unless its a fixable bug.

Condottiere SOG's Avatar Domesticus

I invite you to try the modifications i have made to the game. Its free format if you grab my 'Config Set', meaning it can be played with any mod as long as it doesn't contain a modified EDU.