Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Preview of Stainless Steel 3.0

Default Re: Preview of Stainless Steel 3.0

Hi AndreaItaly,

Thanks again for offering a new unit idea, but I don't think I will add new units to the existing factions. I would have to do that for every faction and you can guess that I can't realize that for the next version...

Hi Student,

This is exactly the point! Very nice from CA that they will put in the Teutonic Order as a faction (the units really look awesome!), so this would make it a lot more comfortable to incorporate them with the grand campaign... We'll see..

Hi Duke Gibbons & Premaximum,

Thanks for the feedback
    You won't regret it!

Winner of 'Favorite M2TW Mod' and 'Favorite M2TW Modder' Award 2007 & 2008

Also I think the new Crusader units will look really shiny...I think there will be a faction called "Kingdom of Jerusalem" or "Crusaders"

I think I spotted some Dismounted Knights St.John in the trailer!!
    I'm really excited!!

that's exactly my point, i saw the trailer the moment it was out, that's why i researched on teutonic knight order and suggested it in the first place, i asked. It's just going to be in the teutonic campaign, which means it will not be included in the grand campaign. Besides it's not going to be out before fall, so, even if you make it, it won't be pointless
    Last edited by Mike13531; April 03, 2007 at 06:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike13531 View Post
    that's exactly my point, i saw the trailer the moment it was out, that's why i researched on teutonic knight order and suggested it in the first place, i asked. It's just going to be in the teutonic campaign, which means it will not be included in the grand campaign. Besides it's not going to be out before fall, so, even if you made, it won't be pointless
    Yeah but did the Teutonic Order really have those horned helmets? Anyways im sort of disappointed that its coming out in fall but at the same time I'm also happy because it looks really good.
    ~~~~~~~~~~

they do, ^_^, it looks awesome! honestly, that's the best bet for the new faction

Hi MadWolf,

Well, I'm not sure if really the Tuetonic Knights had these horned helmets, but I'm sure such helmets really existed. And I really missed such luxurious helmets from the beginning! (even if they might be not very historically accurate)

Hi Mike,

Indeed, your bet isn't very bad...
    Also I think it would be very nice if all new faction from the expansion will be included in the grand campaign...

CtrlAltDe1337's Avatar Praepositus

As long as you used M2:K as the base, couldn't you add all the new factions into the Grand Campaign? I never played any of the other TW expansions but it seems possible to me.

Hi Crucifix,

This is exactly what I have in mind for the version after 3.0.
    You can also look at my last post of the "which new faction" thread for some more notes...

oh ya, the patch is coming out this Thursday according to the guy on the website. So our wait is about to come to an end.

-to king kong
    how do you get the dismounted guild? I never really seen a dismounted order knights.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike13531 View Post
    oh ya, the patch is coming out this Thursday according to the guy on the website. So our wait is about to come to an end.

Hip Hip, Horrah!

Now I will have something to do all weekend (well besides Sunday).

ya, , took them long enough, but finally, king said he'll release the mod couple of days after the 1.2 patch, i guess our wait for the mod is coming to end as well, ^_^, hopefully this will all work out perfectly

I'm sold. Gimmie.

edit: oops, didnt mean to post this in the preview thread
    Last edited by mojoejojo; April 04, 2007 at 06:05 AM.

I'll do my best to release the mod as quickly as possible after the patch..
    Most likely on saturday...

@ Mike,
    You get Dismounted Order Knights at the same time as normal Order Knights are available and the requirement is a normal Knights Order guild (though I can't tell you what the requirements for the guilds are exactly... )
    Last edited by King Kong; April 04, 2007 at 11:30 AM.

hm.. when will you have the answer for the requirement? Cause i believe that's an add-on, so there is no guide for it

Halleluja, brother. 3.0 must be pure ownage.

Quote Originally Posted by Garbarsardar View Post
    BTW, ferrets54, you are a pedophile.

Hi Mike,

I'll let you know, when I've time to look into the guild files.
    Otherwise, I would suggest that you search the forum for the guild requirements...

Hi Erax,
    Halleluja, brother. 3.0 must be pure ownage.
    I hope so!
    Last edited by King Kong; April 05, 2007 at 12:17 PM.

Kong,

Stainless Steel is pretty much the only MOD I play. What does Sega/CA FARKING up the patch deployment do to your 3.0 release?

Can you release 3.0 without their patch?
    Or will you mess around with the "bad" patch

Just wondering... Since I find the game to be enjoyable with your MOD, I'll be taking whatever course of action you are.

Hi kichinko,

Well, this is really a big mess with this patch and this is quite annoying...

Theoretically I could release my mod now, but then it probably would miss several fixes (even when the game will be patched afterwards). This would be too risky...

However, I've also downloaded the "bad patch" and I will start to test it now with my mod and also I'll try to adjust some things where I can be sure that they are correct files from the "badpatch".
    There is actually a little chance that I will release my mod before the proper patch comes out.
    Last edited by King Kong; April 05, 2007 at 01:12 PM.

Awesome, I'm going to download the "bad patch" as well then... hopefully you can get it to work.

I've heard several conflicting reports, some people say it crashes some people say it doesn't crash at all.

Either way im looking to start a new campaign as soon as 3.0 is rdy

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast