Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: DLV Fan Contributions and Suggestions thread

Default Re: DLV Fan Contributions and Suggestions thread

Quote Originally Posted by verity_blues View Post
    Don't forget that the Ottomans could emerge late game themselves. How about Jerusalem starting off as Crusade occupied an independent kingdom unto itself, with every factions first mission to be to reinforce this King of Jerusalem.
    Yes a kingdom of jerusalem at start of the game would be nice, or at least crusade based units as rebels in jerusalem.

Repman are you planning on implementing some unit balancing?

The quickest route may not always be the most fun.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=315

bugfixer_02 will include pirate36 unit balancing

repman

BareBonesWars 8.1 for RTW 1.5
    Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Deus lo Vult DLV 6.2 for MTW II Kingdoms
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics

do you know if we can simply overwrite pirate36 unit balancing with bugfix 2, as I am just now installling the official patch, DLV and your bug fix, and the pirates unit balances

The quickest route may not always be the most fun.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=315

bugfix_02 = bugfix_01 + pirate36

BareBonesWars 8.1 for RTW 1.5
    Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Deus lo Vult DLV 6.2 for MTW II Kingdoms
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics

Love this mod.

I've found it rather easy to sell alliances though. I'm within the ten or so turns and I can get pretty much 2-3k from each faction I send a diplomat to. I'm allied to pretty much everyone in Europe right now. I think maybe lands that don't share borders with you or a faction in common with you shouldn't be too interested in an alliance, or if you're already allied to a lot of people they might doubt your sincerity in offering the alliance.

Thanks

i know that is possible, shallow, and i did this in my first few games...
    but the impact it can have is quite devastating when you find out that you can no longer be allied to the people you depend on, in the later game, because you are stuck in a useless alliance with hawaii... catch my drift?

this mod will be great if you use the new factions that add Clouds Across Europe mod such as kingdom of jesuralem, and khawarezm shahdom's and teutpnic order
    and if you can also change the map to The Long Road mod map
    thank's

Just out of curiosity, will Career paths v0.2 by Zappa be compatible with DLV 3.0?

Otherwise, this is my favorite mod although I have never finished a campaign due to the fact that I can't resist upgrading versions as soon as they're put out and that usually means restarting campaigns

Quote Originally Posted by justabug View Post
    this mod will be great if you use the new factions that add Clouds Across Europe mod such as kingdom of jesuralem, and khawarezm shahdom's and teutpnic order
    and if you can also change the map to The Long Road mod map
    thank's
    Correction, this mod is already great and getting better all the time. For your post here, I can't even understand how you've written it.

Congratulations to the DLV team for an amazingly fast release of DLV3.0, especially considering MTW 1.2 has only been out a few days. Really like the addition of Flanders and Kiev and the additional provinces / settlements {Burgos, Bremen, etc.}

The zip file I am linking contains the three text files needed for updated historically accurate {well, relatively accurate} names for circa 1180 A.D. DLV 3.0 Faction Leaders / Heirs / Family Members..hope I did the link right, still new at this stuff...

http://hosted.filefront.com/wanderingwayne/
    Last edited by wanderingwayne; May 06, 2007 at 05:14 PM. Reason: wrong url

Oh, and since I am the historical nitpicky guy, for which I offer every apology to those who aren't, I would like to mention a couple of minor possible corrections to expanded.txt for other historically nitpicky modders:

1) It would be more accurate to change the Faction Title of the "Duchy of Milan" to "The Lombard League", since Milan never actually controlled Genoa, but was the dominant land force in the Lombard League that defeated Frederick Barbarossa in A.D. 1176

2) By A.D. 1180 the "Fatimids" of Egypt have been overthrown and Saladin has established his "Ayyubid" dynasty. Another easy Faction Title change.

3) Kiev was the dominant Rus state in this period. It was actually titled as a "Grand Duchy", so the Faction Leader title should be "Grand Duke". I'm not sure if the Faction Heir would be a "Prince" or a "Boyar".

4) Novgorod was actually an independent republic during this period, having ousted their Kievan overlords. According to wikipedia "Veliky" means "The Great", which defines the city but not the state, so I would probably choose "Republic of Novgorod". Its Faction Leader was titled as the "Posodnik".

btw, doesn anybody else get booted off this website as often as I do, especially when trying to post? Drives me nuts!!!

Hi im new to this mod and started version 3,0 plus bug fix 2 for 10 hours now (only playing grand champign)

got some questions / suggestion :

1) the readme said thiers sheild wall, what kind of untis have them ? (does it have a correct ability icon ?)

2) Since atimate AI mod 1.4 (compatable with patch1.2) is out can you add that back in ? also maybe when darth battle AI or other battle AI is compat with 1.2 you can add them back ? cuase currently the champign and battle AI arent very ........normal i would say

Exp:

a) papel states gone war lord AGAIN...........gee that crazy war mongor old men

b) mongols came and saw and sit there drinking beer all day.............wt.........

3) will the trimids come eventually ? (im still in 1280 somewhere) or are they been removed ? ( i dont see them in cusom battle too or am i wrong ?)

4) how about adding in all 4 knights order factions in game ? templer can have lands in holy land , hospitler can have malta , santiago can have a new city ion spain , tuentoic can have a holy romen empire region

PS: they will all be vessals to thier historical masters ? like teutoic will be HRE veesal , templer can be frenchs etc etc (and even thier capital is desotyed one kinghts order HQ will be spawned in the mother countries cities ? and once the mother country takes back that land they will automaticlly give it back to the kinghts order as scripted events , but unless the knight orders are played by human players their AI will give thier newly expand land to the mother country and will never turn thier side against them as vessel)

5) can you guys get rid of tehremaining land bridges ?

6) pirates are too strong...........really..............

Was I the only one who liked having the garrison script work for the player in the game?

hellbard's Avatar Civis

no, i liked it to..

Lord Finga's Avatar Decanus

no, sry, i think removing the garisson script for the player was the right decision since the ai seems not be capable of leaving enough units in their settlements to defend them

INVENTOR OF THE SettlementOccupiedScript v08 #4(SOS) for dlv 3.0
    INVENTOR OF THE ChangeCapital v2.04 for dlv 5.2

chgo's Avatar Tiro

hi, how about including some traits of the original medieval like eleven toes and other funny stuff ?

edit: I am also glad garrsion script is out for player, it was nearly impossible for the ai to capture one of my cities.
    by the way it was said that dlv's next version would include the cnp mod, my question is has the dlv team dropped that idea or are they planning to bring it up ni the next version.
    Last edited by chgo; May 07, 2007 at 12:56 PM.
    Peace at home, peace in the world - Atatürk

Hunter Makoy's Avatar We got 2 words for ya..

i liked the garrison script, i just wish there was an option. if ur capitol with 2 units gets attacked by a full stack, then its great. but if ur capitol with 4 units gets attacked with an army of 2 units, y spend the money to get 12 more units? but im guessing there's no way to get that as an option, but if there is i think that would be the best idea, other then just taking it out for the player all together.
    Under the patronage of Lord Condormanius (12.29.08)
    "Yes, I know why the leaf is turning yellow. Its a lack of chloroform."

it's good that it's out for the player.
    we are smart enough to defend our towns. what you can't say about the ai...

Quote Originally Posted by missu View Post
    it's good that it's out for the player.
    we are smart enough to defend our towns. what you can't say about the ai...
    Agreed.