Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: DLV Fan Contributions and Suggestions thread

Default Re: DLV Fan Contributions and Suggestions thread

I like the Doomsday idea. +10% taxation; -5% or -10% happiness, or whatever it's termed.

Would it be for individuals, or the faction leader?

Shouldn't it apply to all controlled provinces?

Maybe it could be offered as an option, as they do in Anno Domini? You can gain the tax revenue but at the cost of a greater chance of unrest. Actually, I don't think it would be that difficult to script in.

Siculus

Quote Originally Posted by Siculus View Post
    I like the Doomsday idea. +10% taxation; -5% or -10% happiness, or whatever it's termed.

Would it be for individuals, or the faction leader?

Shouldn't it apply to all controlled provinces?

Maybe it could be offered as an option, as they do in Anno Domini? You can gain the tax revenue but at the cost of a greater chance of unrest. Actually, I don't think it would be that difficult to script in.

Minus on the hapiness and plus on taxation (not trade ) yes, that makes alot of sense! Who wants to have their chickens bothered or oxen tallied, for... obviously no good reason, greedy king! But, I think at least a +1 authority might be associated as well. I mean, a census is a real show of authority.

Individuals or faction leader? I guess it would depend on a few things. Number one would be, what does it give you? Here's what I think so far...

+01 Authority- the people are aware that the King is aware of them
    -10 Happiness- the people are uneasy about such an awareness
    +10 Taxation- the king now knows what he could be getting, and will

If this is gonna be what the effects are, then clearly it IS fit for a king. But, I don't know. I 'd be happy just to get some consideration for this. I guess it would be up to the DLV demigods. I'd be happy with whatever they thought about it, if they liked it/wanted to pusue it, at all. The only thing is, if its only for the king, how would he get it. I know in my campaigns my family members typicaly stumble upon things, then my courrier general (you know, the scowny useless one you use for watchtowers and stuff) will transport it to my king. From this point, I don't know enough about modding to speculate upon. I'll just let anyone else take it from here.

If you used the actual book as the retinue, then it would be a unique item, only one of them. Like the sword, if it was lost (character death) then it would either be gained by the "slayer" or re-spawn somewhere in Britainia. If you used the "Census Legati" then I guess that any faction could acquire this, being such a general thing and all. Now that I've thought about it, the actual book is a whole lot more intimate/interesting.

How about reducing the population growth in settlements (on the next turn) in those you raise troops in? This would simulate the old RTW reduction of people when recruiting. Maybe.

and maybe pacify the papal states?

Lord Finga's Avatar Decanus

@Tokus*Maxiumus:

yes, i would appreciate that, too. i loved that strategic aspect in RTW . it would also be nice, if the population would be reduced, if rebels spawn in the region... in case this is scriptable... maybe its hardcoded, i don't know.

INVENTOR OF THE SettlementOccupiedScript v08 #4(SOS) for dlv 3.0
    INVENTOR OF THE ChangeCapital v2.04 for dlv 5.2

Ive just played vanilla for the first time in months and i found the difference overwhelming. My days of fending off whole armies with a single unit of cavalry came to an abrupt halt. Though i like the direction this mod is going i think i might be inclined to agree with vanilla. Just for game balance i think the strength of horsemen should be toned down a wee bit. Maybe a little increase in infantry strength should be in order as well to make up for the long time it takes to storm a castle. I find that even in loose formation by the time i break the gate half my men are already dead. tease are merely suggestions but it might be worth taking a look into.

All interesting stuff, but at the moment i'm alone working on other parts, the ancillaries stuff is sleeping because derdrakken is busy...but it will not be forgotten...

sure there is a lot of rebalancing of units to do... but waiting for the real patch 1.2

repman

BareBonesWars 8.1 for RTW 1.5
    Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Deus lo Vult DLV 6.2 for MTW II Kingdoms
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics

Ok here I go....
    1.Maybe mercenaries can be recruited in towns instead of on the field,like making inns in the area allows you to recruit the local mercenaries.
    2.Historical enemies...I want to see Sicily getting on the Greeks,England and France,etc.
    3. Maybe some way of a removing old bloodlines and having a system of rebellion where if the rebelling party takes over the game continues with the Rebel leader as king.
    4....More units of a historical flavor,renaming of Byzantines units and more like from the addon armor related to the period.Like early knights would be armored in heavy mail with the typically conical helm while late knights would have heavy mail or platemail with the bascinet helm.

Thanks..all of I can think of
    Under the Patronage of the Honorable Bolkonskij

Indulge yourself into discovering the race of the Turks that stormed the Oriental world and regained their honor from the despair of decay.
    The Expiation of Degeneracy-A Great Seljuks AAR at http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=276748
    "By purple death I'm seized and fate supreme."- Julian the Apostate

Hows' bout these two thoughts for the DLV think-tank?

1. Squires. Those sons in your family tree sure are boring for the first 15 years, right? In medieval times they wouldn't have been sitting around like that. They would have been squired to one of your Allies Kings, yes? Also for your enemies, it was common place for a peace treaty to include the "losers" son being squired over to the "winner." For, er, assurance that there shall be no betrayal. Imagine if this were in the Diplomacy scroll, "Ceasefire, Squire a son with my King." Or, in light of happier times, "Squire a son with Ally." To include a drop box, for the below-coming of age child to be choosen, like the settlements box. This could play a vital part of the coming of age for the son, by use of the trait's. ie;

Was squire to the Doge of HRE, +1 command, -1 loyalty
    Was squire in lew of a ceasefire, -1 command, -3 loyalty, despises father
    Was squire to King of Venice, +35 bulid points, -10% to construction costs

2. Creeds. This one is just a small thought, to add a little more flavor to the game. Almost didn't post it, but, why not; just a little more brain-food never hurt no one.
    How about including a family motto on the character scroll, or something along those lines? Either custom or historical, faction motto only or specific family name (I know, theres alot of names out there) would suffice.

I'm new to the modding community but have been modding for personal use since RTW. I like the improvements in DLV2.1 and its BigMap, but a pet peeve of mine has always been the Total War habit of naming provinces after the primary settlement.
    _
    Below are some changes to the imperial_settlements_and_names.txt based on my own research of the historical period. These are relevent to the period circa 1080-1100 AD. I would have uploaded the file to FileFront but I am still trying to get a handle on how this upload / linking stuff works.

{North_America} North America
    {Inverness_Province} Scottish Highlands
    {Aberdeen_Province} Aberdeen
    {Dumfries_Province} Dumfries and Galloway
    {Oslo_Province} Norwegian Vikings
    {Stockholm_Province} Swedish Vikings
    {Uppsala_Province} Swedish Vikings
    {Helsinki_Province} Finns
    {Novgorod_Province} Principality of Novgorod
    {Moscow_Province} Principality of Muscovy
    {Belo-Ozero_Province} Belo-Ozero
    {Volga-Bulgar_Province} Volga Bulgars
    {Viatka_Province} Viatka
    {Atil_Province} Northern Khazaria
    {Riga_Province} Livonians
    {Arhus_Province} Kingdom of Denmark
    {Edinburgh_Province} Scottish Lowlands
    {Vilnius_Province} Lithuanians
    {Smolensk_Province} Principality of Smolensk
    {Dublin_Province} County Leinster
    {Wexford_Province} County Wexford
    {Cork_Province} Country Cashel
    {Donegal_Province} County Donegal
    {York_Province} County of Yorkshire
    {Caribbean_Isles} Caribbean Isles
    {Ryazan_Province} Principality of Ryazan
    {Caernarvon_Province} Wales
    {Thorn_Province} Prussians
    {Nottingham_Province} County of Nottinghamshire
    {Stettin_Province} Duchy of Pomerania
    {Hamburg_Province} Duchy of Saxony
    {Lubeck_Province} Free City of Lubeck
    {Tlaxcala_Province} Tlaxcala
    {Sarkel_Province} Western Khazaria
    {Azov_Province} Turkic Cumans
    {Tmutarakan_Province} Principality of Tmutarakan
    {Samarand_Province} Southern Khazaria
    {Antwerp_Province} Margravate of Brabant
    {Magdeburg_Province} Archbishopric of Magdeburg
    {Halych_Province} Principality of Galicia
    {Peremyshl_Province} Principality of Peremyshl
    {Cracow_Province} Duchy of Cracow
    {London_Province} Home Counties
    {Southampton_Province} County of Hampshire
    {Breslau_Province} Duchy of Silesia
    {Kiev_Province} Principality of Kiev
    {Tzernigov_Province} Principality of Tzernigov
    {Kozelsk_Province} Principality of Chernigov
    {Turov_Province} Eastern Slavs
    {Minsk_Province} Principality of Polotsk
    {Samandar_Province} Southern Khazaria
    {Bruges_Province} County of Flanders
    {Frankfurt_Province} Duchy of Franconia
    {Metz_Province} Duchy of Lorraine
    {Cholula_Province} Cholula
    {Caen_Province} Duchy of Normandy
    {Prague_Province} Kingdom of Bohemia
    {Rheims_Province} County of Champagne
    {Nuremburg_Province} Duchy of Bavaria
    {Rennes_Province} County of Brittany
    {Paris_Province} Ile-de-France
    {Hohenstauffen_Province} Duchy of Swabia
    {Iasi_Province} Voivoideship of Moldavia
    {Tenochtitlan_Province} Tenochtitlan
    {Buda_Province} County of Buda
    {Pest_Province} County of Pest
    {Angers_Province} County of Anjou
    {Bran_Province} Voivoideship of Transylvania
    {Vienna_Province} Duchy of Austria
    {Caffa_Province} Caffa
    {Cherson_Province} Theme of Cherson
    {Bern_Province} Swiss Cantons
    {Dijon_Province} Duchy of Burgundy
    {Innsbruck_Province} County of Tyrol
    {Bordeaux_Province} Duchy of Guyenne
    {Tbilisi_Province} Kingdom of Georgia
    {Kutais_Province} Kingdom of Egrisi-Abkhazia
    {Bucharest_Province} Voivodeship of Wallachia
    {Venice_Province} Region of Venetia
    {Sofia_Province} Western Bulgars
    {Preslav_Province} Eastern Bulgars
    {Toulouse_Province} County of Toulouse
    {Narbonne_Province} Viscounty of Narbonne
    {Milan_Province} Region of Lombardy
    {Leon_Province} Kingdom of Leon
    {Zagreb_Province} Kingdom of Croatia
    {Ragusa_Province} Southern Dalmatia
    {Zara_Province} Northern Dalmatia
    {Toledo_Province} Kingdom of Castille
    {Valladolid_Province} Province of Valladolid
    {Pamplona_Province} Kingdom of Navarre
    {Genoa_Province} Region of Liguria
    {Bologna_Province} Region of Emilia-Romagna
    {Trebizond_Province} Trebizond
    {Sinope_Province} Pontus
    {Marseille_Province} County of Provence
    {Florence_Province} Region of Tuscany
    {Yerevan_Province} Kingdom of Armenia
    {Tabriz_Province} Azarbayjan
    {Zaragoza_Province} Kingdom of Aragon
    {Lisbon_Province} County of Portugal
    {Oporto_Province} Kingdom of Galicia
    {Constantinople_Province} Eastern Thrace
    {Thessalonica_Province} Macedonia
    {Ajaccio_Province} Isle of Corsica
    {Nicaea_Province} Bithynia
    {Athens_Province} Attica
    {Adrianople_Province} Thrace
    {Abydus_Province} Abydos
    {Roman_Province} Region of Rome
    {Naples_Province} Region of Campagnia
    {Bari_Province} Region of Northern Apulia
    {Brindisi_Province} Region of Southern Apulia
    {Reggio_Province} Region of Reggio Calabria
    {Caesarea_Province} Cappadocia
    {Angora_Province} Galatia
    {Baghdad_Province} Baghdad
    {Cordoba_Province} Caliphate of Cordoba
    {Sevilla_Province} Emirate of Seville
    {Durazzo_Province} Epirus
    {Kerkyra_Province} Isle of Corfu
    {Valencia_Province} Emirate of Valencia
    {Palma_Province} Emirate of Balearic
    {Iconium_Province} Anatolia
    {Attalia_Province} Attalia
    {Adana_Province} Cilician Armenia
    {Mosul_Province} Mesopotamia
    {Cagliari_Province} Isle of Sardinia
    {Edessa_Province} Edessa
    {Smyrna_Province} Smyrna
    {Antioch_Province} Antioch
    {Granada_Province} Emirate of Granada
    {Brazil} Brazil
    {Aleppo_Province} Sultanate of Aleppo
    {Jedda_Province} Emirate of Jedda
    {Ayla_Province} Emirate of Ayla
    {Qulzum_Province} Emirate of Qulzum
    {Mekka_Province} Emirate of Mekka
    {Medina_Province} Emirate of Medina
    {Buraidah_Province} Emirate of Buraidah
    {Palermo_Province} Isle of Sicily
    {Malta_Province} Isle of Malta
    {Corinth_Province} Achaea
    {Marrakesh_Province} Southern Morocco
    {Fez_Province} Northern Morocco
    {Sijilmasa_Province} Miknasa Berbers
    {Isle_of_Cyprus} Isle of Cyprus
    {Isle_of_Cyprus2} Eastern Cyprus
    {Damascus_Province} Sultanate of Damascus
    {Algiers_Province} Emirate of Algeria
    {Tunis_Province} Northern Zirid Emirate
    {Acre_Province} Acre
    {Isle_of_Rhodes} Isle of Rhodes
    {Isle_of_Crete} Isle of Crete
    {Jerusalem_Province} The Holy Land
    {Tyrus_Province} Tyrus
    {Gaza_Province} Gaza
    {Tripoli_Province} Emirate of Tripoli
    {Kairouan_Province} Banu Hilal Berbers
    {Al-Mahdiya_Province} Southern Zirid Emirate
    {Al-Mansurya_Province} Kingdom of Hammadid
    {Barqa_Province} Emirate of Cyrenaica
    {Alexandria_Province} Alexandria
    {Damietta_Province} Damietta
    {Arguin_Province} Emirate of Mauretania
    {Timbuktu_Province} Kingdom of Ghana
    {Cairo_Province} Lower Egypt
    {Assouan_Province} Upper Egypt
    {Dongola_Province} Nubia

wanderingwayne, this is brilliant!
    although there are a few -not mistakes- things that do not go down well, for example "region of tuscany", the "vikings" regions, and so on.
    i really admire the thought behind that, although i would have named some provinces differently. the main reason for that is: i don't agree with the regions on the map, especially for the german regions. why the hell is cologne NOT on the map? the single most important city for the holy roman empire? the rome of germany? but, i know, it is a big map issue.

verity,
    great ideas. i do not think that being squired has to lead to negative traits. it can, for sure, but there has to be a 50% chance to gain a positive trait.
    i'd like to add something to that thought too:
    how about when the father of said squire has the "hates*faction*" trait, then the son being squired results in a higher assassination chance for the 'enemy' king, and a "mad with hate against faction" -coming-of-age-general...

WanderingWayne,

I like your list - it makes much mo' sense to me! Hope Repman, DerDrakken (or someone) fancies implimenting them!

@wanderingwayne
    We had more correct region names in the beginning of DLV. But later with bigmap i have overwritten this old stuff with Bigmap names. Time to go back or forward...and thanks for your list

repman

Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics

Thanks for the positive feedback, fellas.

Missu, I agree my list is not the be all and end all by any stretch. Historically Tuscany was a duchy, but in slightly different dimensions than what are on the BigMap....my problem came in what titles the other regions had {Lombardy, Apulia, Campagnia, etc}. If anyone has better info on these regions I would love to see these corrected. Same for the Vikings, Bulgarians, etc.

What started my pet peeve were the german regions. Hohenstauffen? Huh. where's the duchy of swabia? Then it kind of snowballed from there. What I would really like to see are certain corrections on the BigMap {Oporto was never the capital of Galicia, but Santiago de Compostela, the historical capital of Galicia, is too far north for the current city location, so in my file I changed the Oporto settlement to Pontevedra}. I would also like to see Apulia reunited, as well as the Zirid Emirate, but that would require redrawing provincial boundaries. It would also be nice if the kingdom of Castille's capital was actually Burgos, farther north, and Toledo was its own province.

Another question for me was how pervasive was Heraclius' military region "theme" system in the Byzantine Empire by 1100. I haven't found a good Byzantine map for that period to show what they really called their regions {provinces, themes, etc}

In response to Missu's critique I did a little more checking and updated the settlement names, particularly the viking / swedish regions, and decided to go with the Byzantine theme system though it's not a great match for the current map setup...can only be so picky, I figure.....sorry about the Italian regions, missu, but many of them just didn't have titles other than region that I could find, though I did discover Tuscany was actually a Marquisate during this period, not a duchy...so here's the update:

¬ Names for s and settlements in the imperial campaign
    {North_America} North America
    {Inverness_Province} Scottish Highlands
    {Aberdeen_Province} Aberdeen
    {Dumfries_Province} Dumfries and Galloway
    {Oslo_Province} Østlandet
    {Stockholm_Province} Svealand
    {Uppsala_Province} Göteland
    {Helsinki_Province} Bishopric of Turku
    {Novgorod_Province} Principality of Novgorod
    {Moscow_Province} Principality of Muscovy
    {Belo-Ozero_Province} Belo-Ozero
    {Volga-Bulgar_Province} Volga Bulgars
    {Viatka_Province} Viatka
    {Atil_Province} Northern Khazaria
    {Riga_Province} Livonians
    {Arhus_Province} Kingdom of Denmark
    {Edinburgh_Province} Scottish Lowlands
    {Vilnius_Province} Lithuanians
    {Smolensk_Province} Principality of Smolensk
    {Dublin_Province} County Leinster
    {Wexford_Province} County Wexford
    {Cork_Province} Country Cashel
    {Donegal_Province} County Donegal
    {York_Province} County of Yorkshire
    {Caribbean_Isles} Caribbean Isles
    {Ryazan_Province} Principality of Ryazan
    {Caernarvon_Province} Wales
    {Thorn_Province} Prussians
    {Nottingham_Province} County of Nottinghamshire
    {Stettin_Province} Duchy of Pomerania
    {Hamburg_Province} Duchy of Saxony
    {Lubeck_Province} Free City of Lubeck
    {Tlaxcala_Province} Tlaxcala
    {Sarkel_Province} Western Khazaria
    {Azov_Province} Turkic Cumans
    {Tmutarakan_Province} Principality of Tmutarakan
    {Samarand_Province} Southern Khazaria
    {Antwerp_Province} Margravate of Brabant
    {Magdeburg_Province} Archbishopric of Magdeburg
    {Halych_Province} Principality of Galicia
    {Peremyshl_Province} Principality of Peremyshl
    {Cracow_Province} Duchy of Cracow
    {London_Province} Home Counties
    {Southampton_Province} County of Hampshire
    {Breslau_Province} Duchy of Silesia
    {Kiev_Province} Principality of Kiev
    {Tzernigov_Province} Principality of Tzernigov
    {Kozelsk_Province} Principality of Chernigov
    {Turov_Province} Eastern Slavs
    {Minsk_Province} Principality of Polotsk
    {Samandar_Province} Southern Khazaria
    {Bruges_Province} County of Flanders
    {Frankfurt_Province} Duchy of Franconia
    {Metz_Province} Duchy of Lorraine
    {Cholula_Province} Cholula
    {Caen_Province} Duchy of Normandy
    {Prague_Province} Kingdom of Bohemia
    {Rheims_Province} County of Champagne
    {Nuremburg_Province} Duchy of Bavaria
    {Rennes_Province} County of Brittany
    {Paris_Province} Ile-de-France
    {Hohenstauffen_Province} Duchy of Swabia
    {Iasi_Province} Voivoideship of Moldavia
    {Tenochtitlan_Province} Tenochtitlan
    {Buda_Province} County of Buda
    {Pest_Province} County of Pest
    {Angers_Province} County of Anjou
    {Bran_Province} Voivoideship of Transylvania
    {Vienna_Province} Duchy of Austria
    {Caffa_Province} City State of Caffa
    {Cherson_Province} Theme of Cherson
    {Bern_Province} Swiss Cantons
    {Dijon_Province} Duchy of Burgundy
    {Innsbruck_Province} County of Tyrol
    {Bordeaux_Province} Duchy of Aquitaine
    {Tbilisi_Province} Kingdom of Georgia
    {Kutais_Province} Kingdom of Egrisi-Abkhazia
    {Bucharest_Province} Voivodeship of Wallachia
    {Venice_Province} Region of Venetia
    {Sofia_Province} Western Bulgars
    {Preslav_Province} Eastern Bulgars
    {Toulouse_Province} County of Toulouse
    {Narbonne_Province} Viscounty of Narbonne
    {Milan_Province} Region of Lombardy
    {Leon_Province} Kingdom of Leon
    {Zagreb_Province} Kingdom of Croatia
    {Ragusa_Province} Southern Dalmatia
    {Zara_Province} Northern Dalmatia
    {Toledo_Province} Kingdom of Castille
    {Valladolid_Province} Province of Valladolid
    {Pamplona_Province} Kingdom of Navarre
    {Genoa_Province} Region of Liguria
    {Bologna_Province} Region of Emilia-Romagna
    {Trebizond_Province} Theme of Chaldia
    {Sinope_Province} Theme of Paphlagonia
    {Marseille_Province} County of Provence
    {Florence_Province} Marquisate of Tuscany
    {Yerevan_Province} Kingdom of Armenia
    {Tabriz_Province} Azarbayjan
    {Zaragoza_Province} Kingdom of Aragon
    {Lisbon_Province} County of Portugal
    {Oporto_Province} Kingdom of Galicia
    {Constantinople_Province} Eastern Thrace
    {Thessalonica_Province} Theme of Thessaly
    {Ajaccio_Province} Isle of Corsica
    {Nicaea_Province} Theme of Bithynia
    {Athens_Province} Region of Attica
    {Adrianople_Province} Theme of Thrace
    {Abydus_Province} Theme of Opsikon
    {Roman_Province} Patrimony of St. Peter
    {Naples_Province} Region of Campagnia
    {Bari_Province} Region of Northern Apulia
    {Brindisi_Province} Region of Southern Apulia
    {Reggio_Province} Region of Reggio Calabria
    {Caesarea_Province} Theme of Cappadocia
    {Angora_Province} Theme of Bucellarion
    {Baghdad_Province} Ancient Mesopotamia
    {Cordoba_Province} Caliphate of Cordoba
    {Sevilla_Province} Emirate of Seville
    {Durazzo_Province} Theme of Epirus
    {Kerkyra_Province} Isle of Corfu
    {Valencia_Province} Emirate of Valencia
    {Palma_Province} Emirate of Balearic
    {Iconium_Province} Theme of Anatolia
    {Attalia_Province} Theme of Cybharrhaeot
    {Adana_Province} Cilician Armenia
    {Mosul_Province} Ancient Nineveh
    {Cagliari_Province} Isle of Sardinia
    {Edessa_Province} City State of Edessa
    {Smyrna_Province} Theme of Ephesus and Thracesion
    {Antioch_Province} Cith State of Antioch
    {Granada_Province} Emirate of Granada
    {Brazil} Brazil
    {Aleppo_Province} Sultanate of Aleppo
    {Jedda_Province} Emirate of Jedda
    {Ayla_Province} Emirate of Ayla
    {Qulzum_Province} Emirate of Qulzum
    {Mekka_Province} Emirate of Mekka
    {Medina_Province} Emirate of Medina
    {Buraidah_Province} Emirate of Buraidah
    {Palermo_Province} Isle of Sicily
    {Malta_Province} Isle of Malta
    {Corinth_Province} The Peloponnesian Peninsula
    {Marrakesh_Province} Southern Morocco
    {Fez_Province} Northern Morocco
    {Sijilmasa_Province} Miknasa Berbers
    {Isle_of_Cyprus} Isle of Cyprus
    {Isle_of_Cyprus2} Eastern Cyprus
    {Damascus_Province} Sultanate of Damascus
    {Algiers_Province} Emirate of Algeria
    {Tunis_Province} Northern Zirid Emirate
    {Acre_Province} City State of Acre
    {Isle_of_Rhodes} Isle of Rhodes
    {Isle_of_Crete} Isle of Crete
    {Jerusalem_Province} The Holy Land
    {Tyrus_Province} City State of Tyre
    {Gaza_Province} Muderiyah of Gaza
    {Tripoli_Province} Emirate of Tripoli
    {Kairouan_Province} Banu Hilal Berbers
    {Al-Mahdiya_Province} Southern Zirid Emirate
    {Al-Mansurya_Province} Kingdom of Hammadid
    {Barqa_Province} Emirate of Cyrenaica
    {Alexandria_Province} Muderiyah of Alexandria
    {Damietta_Province} Muderiyah Damietta
    {Arguin_Province} Emirate of Mauretania
    {Timbuktu_Province} Kingdom of Ghana
    {Cairo_Province} Lower Egypt
    {Assouan_Province} Upper Egypt
    {Dongola_Province} Kingdom of Nubia

Hello,
    first post for me here. I enjoy this exellent mod since its beginning; one word its awesome.
    Now after the praise, the critics:
    the garrison script is " too much"(i removed it for now), there should 2 units of free paysants for small settlements , maybe 3 units at half the cost for minor cities but not for castles.
    the capital city on the contrary should be well defended.
    One city should be included in the map : Avignon . It was the state of the papacy for one century (7 popes, 2 antipopes) because of the troubles with the italian cities :
    http://www.avignon-et-provence.com/avignon-tourisme/

I hope my post is constructive, keep up the good work!

wanderingwayne, awesome list!
    now i feel bad because i didn't have a look at them old maps... but i had to play!

i am thinking about two different descr_strat versions i could make, if someone is interested:

1. More cities.
    I keep trading castles from my allies only to convert them into cities and gift them back. I have been thinking about this for quite some time- especially the northern german/polish settlement Stettin etc should be cities. this thought is not based on historical accuracy, simply on this: coastal cities make more money, that means the ai makes more money.
    a special case in this regard are the moors. i have been playing a campaign with the turks and left fow off for a few turns to see what happens- and i found out that the moors are constantly conquering and loosing the cities in northern africa. the easy solution would be this: change the coastal castles into cities, and the inland cities into castles. better power projection, if you know what i mean...
    all in all, i want to take a really close look at all the faction's most important strategic settlements and rearrage a bit. if noone is interested i'll keep it to myself. just wanted to know if i am alone with this opinion.

2. regions for free!
    i wanted to give nearly all rebel settlements away. personally i hate it when poland rules over russia, portugal over france, france over flanders, milan over all of them and the hre over nothing.
    this would affect gameplay a lot, i think, and i want to know if someone has tried this before-
    well, it is worth a thought, don't you think?

@wanderingwayne
    thanks for the list, will include it in 2.3

@bonjour king louis
    - garrison script only for player-AI or AI-AI ...no more help for the player
    - Avignon:i have a look

repman

@repman, not even a garrison script for the players capitol anymore? Or did I read something wrong...