Thread: DLV Fan Contributions and Suggestions thread

Default Re: DLV Fan Contributions and Suggestions thread

Quote Originally Posted by repman View Post
    How about this: ??
    1 city harbours are only good for trade
    2 ships you can only recruit in castle harbours
    3 two highest levels of farms only with resource grain or metropolis

Feedback please?
    1 & 2, I'd say yes; only if the income received by them were adjusted as well. Say, more city $$ for sea trade, less $$ for castle sea trade.

3, don't know. I'm still in RTW mode, not much farming builds for me...

Quote Originally Posted by repman View Post
    How about this: ??
    - city harbours are only good for trade
    - ships you can only recruit in castle harbours
    - two highest levels of farms only with resource grain or metropolis

Feedback please?

repman
    Well- no to all. I am also opposed to restricting citadels. (restricting metropolises is fine, apart from only having one town/faction that can build gunpowder units. edb should be tweaked for that.)

and, seen historically, it was the major sea trading towns who build massive fleets. not the castles. for restricting ships, you could use another fine thing: restriction to resources!
    what do we need to build a ship? wood. hmm, which resource could be used? wood, maybe?

and i find it somewhat strange when a settlement specialized in building troops now is also responsible for building fleets. apart from that, al the major boni (for example for england, spain, portugal) can only be built in cities.
    and if you want to take "boat construction" away from one of the two settlement types, it should be the castles.

about the farms: can fortress or citadel build the highest level? if it is the citadel, the farms are surely required to build up.

and a question: is it possible to use the resources that are TRADED/imported by towns/castles? (for restriction/resource requirements)

Quote Originally Posted by missu View Post
    and a question: is it possible to use the resources that are TRADED/imported by towns/castles? (for restriction/resource requirements)
    Now, THIS is a good suggestion. And it makes the most sense, if you can GET it, you should be able to build it.

Repman, DD...

I posted this today earlier in Tokus´ thread, my bad. I have some suggestions regarding hungarian titles... I copy my post here.:

For Hungary: There were no "kings" of regions (so no king of Gyulafehérvár), only one king of Hungary. I´m not an expert and cannot really say the exact historically correct date, but I give it a shot...

The "locus tenent" for Gyulafehérvár region was called "Vajda". (Historically earlier a close relative to the king, later in the era mostly the heir to the throne to get some practice in government. After the turkish conquist (XVI. century) this part became semi-independent and the governor was called "fejedelem" - lord, principal (Fürst in german).)

(Actually, Wallachia and Bucharest were governed by "vajda"s too in the time they were vassall states of Hungary, practically most of this era.)

The one for Zagreb (Horvátország, Croatia) was called "Bán" (Croatian Bán, Bán of Croatia.)

For the other regions I can´t name a specific title, but I guess, a "count" or "baron" will do. Just my two cents...

I know, it is not a major issue and probably no one cares, but... and I know it is not the MTR mod, but it would add some "historical flavor", wouldn´t it?

Heres one from M1TW thats missing in M2TW.

When you capture/have captured a Faction Leader/Heir, it should be possible to ransom them back even if it puts you in debt. Its been a while since I've captured a King, but I believe that when I tried to ransom him back it was rejected because they didn't have the funds! In M1TW, it could be paid regardless of funds. Thats what Templars were for anyway, loan sharking!

Byg's Avatar Read The Manual
    Patrician

Default Too many sieges and some other things.

I think distances travelled should be reduced because:

Most battles I'm fighting are being besieged or sieging and these are becoming tedious.

The AI is best in battle in the open.

The AI sends only a small army to capture your towns (because it doesn't know about our garrison script)... if we have to have a garrison script for player then how about it being triggered on approach of enemy so the ai sees it and has a chance to retreat or recruit mercs before sieging. This would only be possible if it took at least acouple of turns to approach a city to besiege it, i.e reduced movement.

People say the increased distances are to help out the campaign AI, but I think the battles are more important. More important to the campaign and more important for fun. Reduced movement rates adversely affect the human player more than the AI because of troops in the field costs.

It's nice to see the AI armies approaching rather than suddenly being under a seige, which the garrison script is going to protect me from anyway.

This is in to some extent already, but how about slapping a general onto large captained AI armies via captain promotions.
    More importantly, make any AI army which is stationary for more than 10 turns (or whatever) rebel, unless in a fort or settlement. That way the AI wont suffer when its armies get stuck, which has to mean it will have more available units where it needs them.
    Last edited by Byg; April 10, 2007 at 03:19 AM.

Default Re: Too many sieges and some other things.

Quote Originally Posted by Byg View Post
    More importantly, make any AI army which is stationary for more than 10 turns (or whatever) rebel, unless in a fort or settlement. That way the AI wont suffer when its armies get stuck, which has to mean it will have more available units where it needs them.
    now THIS is a great thought- if it can be managed.

Hunter Makoy's Avatar We got 2 words for ya..

Sorry if any of my ideas have already been posted, but its only 6:30 am here, and i just cant read thru everything at this time in the morning. i've only been able to play thru bout 20 years of the mod so far, cuz it keeps crashing, but i dont think thats a bug in the mod. so far i think its a great mod and one of the things that really keeps me coming back is the combat exp. traits. that is one of the things that really sets this game apart and anything yall could do to further refine that aspect would only continue to cement DlV's status.

Possible Changes--
    -making the auto garrison an option- i sware France was trying to destroy me through debt. y else would they consistantly attack with an army of 2 F'N units? maybe there could be a popup asking if u wanna pay the money to raise the garrison.

-the burrek's (sp?) unique european- but i think thats already been suggested

-one of the better looking blood mods- some r just rediculous EDIT: not saying ur's is bad, but some of the elaborated ones ive seen just dont seem to look very realistic with the colors.

-AI seems eager to attack a feild army on the map (THANK YOU GOD!)....but then goes on defensive and wont budge a F'N inch on the batle map. i'm not sure if it was cuz i was playing that game on lower difficulty, or some other issue, plz let me know.

all in all a very good mod, love the big open spaces.
    Last edited by Hunter Makoy; April 10, 2007 at 06:42 AM. Reason: covering my ass

Nazkai's Avatar Laetus

This mod is by far my favorite,

I like the little RPG aspects best.

as for the Garrison script I personally found that while it was a great idea it bankrupted me too often as I would get seiged up to 4 times a turn for 2000 a peice.

Thus I took matters into my own hands and edited the script (It takes a long time but you can go into the Campaign file and remove a few units from each script location and then drop the price that is extracted from your empire with the ADD_Money -2000 etc command to whatever you are comfortable with.

I dropped it down to no more then -1000 and no more then 4 units per script and this was much more financially appealing the way I play.

You can also edit the costs for sieging and spys etc in other lands if you like in the same file.

As for Burreks skins I Am pretty sure they are in DLV already and the blood mod they have is the best of the bunch IMHO.

Naz

as much as the garrison script should be revised, i do think that the +12 for the great cities is pretty realistic, since ur talking about hugely important cities to the people. it could prolly stand to maybe go down to +9. but atleast for the capitols and great cities the script shoould stay at a realatively high number.

Any ideas for further role-playing ancillaries we could sneak in (like the funky sword ancillaries) chaps? Stuff like 'Swordsmith' - keeps the blades of your general and his bodyguard magnificently sharp. Bonus to his unit's attack. Perhaps, 'Armourer'(raises, er, armour rating) paying attention to your general and his bodyguard. Bonus to their armour rating. 'Lionheart' - this man (and his men) have the courage of, err, lions. - adds morale booster.

These are pretty naff - I'm sure you'll have many better.

hellbard's Avatar Civis

maybe after couple of heroic battles you could gain a local hero trait, or hero to the people trait +4 popularity in all settlements

How's bout when one of your family members is killed, either in battle or being executed after it, all of his children will have a %chance to be affected with either of these two traits:

1. "Father Slain by (this faction)" Despises (this faction) and is sworn to their utter defeat for slaying his noble father; +1 command against (this faction), +10 movement when in (this factions territory)

2. "Father Slain by (this faction)" Is absolutely terrified of (this faction) who slew his noble father in battle; -2 commanda gainst (this faction), -10 movement when in (this factions territory)

Just a thought....

id like that, plus anything more to illistrate that if ur facing a prince and esp. a king on the battle field, ur one bad mother. ill try to think of more specific traits for heirs and leaders to go along with the current experiance traits.

plus anything yall could do in that department as far as visually on the battle field. i dont know how much leway yall have as far as the added banners, i know yall were able to add in the crusade banners for royal banners and such, but r there any other banner types that can be added on the units them selves?

the idea of having all the banners and flags was to intemidate the opponent, and when ur looking at an experianced enemy king, u should know just by looking at his bodygaurd with its banners and such that u better be wearing brown pants.

i like the idea of either fearing or despising a faction cuz of the death of the father. i would love to see family members deaths as a result of battle, esp. the important family members, to be a faction whide felt event.

wat if there was a type of traveling beurocrat type ancilary? like a states man that would travel with the king and if u got this it would basically make the 'at the seat of power' trait permenant whether or not the king was in the capitol, since he would have a statesman at his side at all times to convey messages and decrees and so on.
    Last edited by Hunter Makoy; April 10, 2007 at 08:23 PM.

chgo's Avatar Tiro

i got another idea i'd really like to see included, how about including a kind of city history scroll if possible?
    in it would be things like "conquered by faction... in date..." or "earthquake in date...", "burned to ground...", "called crusade on in..." and so stuff
    I think that would give the game a lot of atmosphere
    Peace at home, peace in the world - Atatürk

Nazkai's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by verity_blues View Post
    How's bout when one of your family members is killed, either in battle or being executed after it, all of his children will have a %chance to be affected with either of these two traits:

1. "Father Slain by (this faction)" Despises (this faction) and is sworn to their utter defeat for slaying his noble father; +1 command against (this faction), +10 movement when in (this factions territory)

2. "Father Slain by (this faction)" Is absolutely terrified of (this faction) who slew his noble father in battle; -2 commanda gainst (this faction), -10 movement when in (this factions territory)

Just a thought....

I am strongly for this idea nice job Blues.

Naz

I would like to see a Mongol invasion be hell bent on taking the human player's capital city, so all shall fear the Mongol danger more than any pope and his inquisitors.

Interesting suggestions, but the ancillaries... stuff is normally derDrakken playground and he is busy with real life

First i have to check the ancilliaries from patch 1.2 with DLV in the next step.

repman

BareBonesWars 8.1 for RTW 1.5
    Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Deus lo Vult DLV 6.2 for MTW II Kingdoms
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics

hellbard's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by verity_blues View Post

Just a thought....

good one! or maybe even a certain character that is responsible for death of that family member.. and than u receive a mission that says VENDETA!! u have to kill that character!!