Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: DLV Fan Contributions and Suggestions thread

Default Re: DLV Fan Contributions and Suggestions thread

bugfixer 3 is working great so far for me, yet haven't faced flanders yet

The quickest route may not always be the most fun.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=315

nightwar's Avatar Ducenarius

Swabian swordsman have a two handed sword but No AP? they seem like they should have that trait?

Here's a Microsoft Word document that I use everytime I start a new campaign. It helps me keep track of all my relations with the other factions. Just printed another one as I started my new campaign with the bugfixer 3 and thought I'd share it with yall.

EDIT: Obviously you'd need to swap the Title Faction out, Denmark, with whatever faction you are using from the Table.
    Last edited by verity_blues; May 12, 2007 at 01:10 AM. Reason: Attached word doc was missing poland, srry, corrected now

Neat idea for a campaign start sheet Verity, nice one.

I've a simple suggestion regarding recruitment.

Why not mod in a system whereby you reduce population growth in settlements (on next turn) in those troops are raised in? This would simulate old RTW reduction of cities when recruiting.

Lord Finga's Avatar Decanus

very good idea: that would make mass recruiting of units impossible! would be very nice!

INVENTOR OF THE SettlementOccupiedScript v08 #4(SOS) for dlv 3.0
    INVENTOR OF THE ChangeCapital v2.04 for dlv 5.2

@ repman
    I actually enjoy modding the game more than playing it {never actually played more than a hundred turns in, always get some new idea, go back and mod, restart and new game, get a new idea.....and get caught in a never ending cycle....weird, huh?}, but I did do a game start for each faction after changing their namesets, updating names.txt and descr_names.txt as I went along...I'm no programmer, but I assume once the game starts the game engine will handle generating descending generations from the initial family tree, neh?

@cromelex
    sorry for the lack of a readme.txt, but I just assumed that anybody reading this thread would be familiar with the game modding necessary to implement it...my bad....

@wanderingwayne
    your changes are included in bugfixer_03 thank you

repman

BareBonesWars 8.1 for RTW 1.5
    Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Deus lo Vult DLV 6.2 for MTW II Kingdoms
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by wanderingwayne View Post
    @cromelex
    sorry for the lack of a readme.txt, but I just assumed that anybody reading this thread would be familiar with the game modding necessary to implement it...my bad....
    nevermind that.

Anyway, I noticed that the Portuguese King is called Alfonso. It should really be Afonso Henriques, in my opinion.

Afonso is the portuguese form of the name, and it should have Henriques because even the moors called him by that name (though in their language form).

Libertus

May I suggest the addition of a Portuguese crossbowmen unit "Besteiros", with the ability to lay sharpened stakes, as a way of representing the tactics of 1350 onwards which included the laying of traps and such on the battlefield ?

These crossbowmen were recruited from people which could sometimes afford horses, which means they weren't drawn from the poorest citizens.

@repman
    Thank you for including my work in DLV...as a person lacking in programming skills it's nice to be able to still contribute something significant to a project I enjoy....

On a different note, a suggestion I have for future releases of 1180 A.D. DLV would be the creation of a third Norman faction in the Levantine as "The Crusader States". This faction would use the Norman names, units and build trees since the core of the original Crusader lords were Normans. They would begin the game with Jerusalem, Acre, Tyre, Antioch and Edessa, the "classic" Crusader states of the Middle Ages, with the King of Jerusalem as their Crown. The King is Baldwin, who is a leper whose imminent death led to much time trying to find a suitable heir, since he had none of his own body. The Crusaders would have good relations with the Pope and most of the European / Italian factions, good relations with the Byzantines, and poor relations with the Ayyubids and the Turks, both of whom wish to recapture the Holy Land. Not only would this be historically accurate, but it would provide a nice buffer state between Egypt and the Turks, since someone in a prior post was complaining about the quick expansion of those two factions.

@cromelex
    While I knew their were differences between Spanish and Portuguese versions of words / nouns / proper names, I didn't know about the Alfonso / Afonso variation, I had figured it was a misspelling in the original....thanx for the education....

beezneez's Avatar Civis

started using DLV 3.0 for a new campaign and i love it. the difficulty, map, events, all really cool. couple things i'm curious about though. w/ the extra costs for armies, it seems the AI is always broke and they are not gobbling up rebel settlements as quickly as they should. has a money script for the AI been thought about? i dont like the script LTC uses as it seems the AI is always loaded w/ money, but maybe a toned down version? or a larger kings purse or something? also, is darth's battle AI used? the battle AI seems much improved.

anyway, love the mod. i thought i'd highlight some of the suggestions i saw that sound great:

Suggestions:
    - news popups about important internal game events - i'd love this
    - crowning and authority stuff, but the ai can't handle it! within my turkish campaign two large empires simply collapsed for no apparent reason!
    2.Historical enemies...I want to see Sicily getting on the Greeks,England and France,etc.
    3. Maybe some way of a removing old bloodlines and having a system of rebellion where if the rebelling party takes over the game continues with the Rebel leader as king.
    4....More units of a historical flavor,renaming of Byzantines units and more like from the addon armor related to the period.
    "And so the population was gradually led into the demoralizing temptations of arcades, baths, and sumptuous banquets. The unsuspecting Britons spoke of such novelties as 'civilization', when in fact they were only a feature of their enslavement."
    -The Roman Author Tacitus

Default I love negative traits!

I've got a great idea for a new trait. 'The Gout'

For greedy nobles who are extravagant.

Come on guys, that's pretty good!

effects- Corpulence, Lower movement points, lower hit points. And lower loyalty from family members cause his habits are disgusting.

here's another one: Leprosy

For crusader family members. Lower fertility, lower authority because no one wants to touch him. Lower hit points cause his limbs are falling off!

Repman- if you let me know what new traits are going in the next version, I would love to take a shot at writing some descriptions.

By the way that 'Seethes for Revenge' description is hilarious. Really good stuff.

Seethes for revenge? I haven't seen that yet! Drats, gotta get back campaigning and catch a glimpse of it! Leprosy is accurate, and valid... but, I don't think its where DLV wants to go, its "fallen gravely ill" is good enough.

Lord Finga's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by beezneez View Post
    - news popups about important internal game events - i'd love this
    if you are familiar with german language you could have a look at mit SOS script (link in my signature). in the future there will be an english version, too. the whole script is still under construction, but i think the first results are not too bad... lets see what the future brings (maybe a more flexible CA-script language within the addon? ).

INVENTOR OF THE SettlementOccupiedScript v08 #4(SOS) for dlv 3.0
    INVENTOR OF THE ChangeCapital v2.04 for dlv 5.2

Can we have a new colour for Sicily on the map - its almost impossible to see them on the mini-map. Thats my only real gripe and its really minor so good work on the mod

Quote Originally Posted by verity_blues View Post
    Seethes for revenge? I haven't seen that yet! Drats, gotta get back campaigning and catch a glimpse of it! Leprosy is accurate, and valid... but, I don't think its where DLV wants to go, its "fallen gravely ill" is good enough.
    seethes for revenge is a so beatiful trait...

the guy hates the king/sultan etc because he was striped of titles more than once, he feels provoked (so dropping titles here and there can be your worst decision)

i have a prince that was my title collector and never got that, but a noblemen did, and before he rebelled, he became prince himself so... it was fun, very fun

that was the drop that filled the glass for me, and i had to write down my campaign story... so keep those traits coming =P

Yes, with this mod I have an actual notebook where I write out my plans and write out if I'm actually accomplishing them! Thats crazy!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by verity_blues View Post
    Yes, with this mod I have an actual notebook where I write out my plans and write out if I'm actually accomplishing them! Thats crazy!!!!!!!
    Whew, glad I'm not the only one. A few nights ago at 4am, I HAD to get up and write down my plan to sweep my 9-star English general back up from Fez (taken on a Crusade).

Also, plans written at 4am usually aren't very good. The last line of mine reads "And kill them". Good advice, but not too strategic.

verity_blues- I do the same thing with a notebook... Got carried away with it during my English Campaign though. Totally underestimated 3.0 campaign AI.

I remember there was a battle sheet from SPQR Mod to record all the battles

repman

BareBonesWars 8.1 for RTW 1.5
    Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Deus lo Vult DLV 6.2 for MTW II Kingdoms
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics