Page 1 of 33 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: DLV Fan Contributions and Suggestions thread

Default DLV Fan Contributions and Suggestions thread

Post any files, fan contributions or suggestions in this thread

The skinpacks are included 100% in DLV 5.0.1 and DLV 4.0 PE, other submods although to 100% and some partially and some not. Question of my personal preference, performance, maybe bugs.....
    Thanks for all contributions

Fan Contributions:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Skin Packs

Sambo's Skinpack
    More Contrast, Darkness, Washout effect to the units, not all factions

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Other Packs all for 5.1 !!

2) Unique Kings (Creator: Harry Lime)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=123540

3) New Landbridges (Creator: Harry Lime)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=117794

4) Capital Changer (Creator: Lord Finga)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=103561

5) Extra Movement (Creator: Scivian)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=114951

6) Texture Pack & Strat Models Mod (Creator: Isilendil)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...81#post2429481

7) Enhanced Portugal (Creator: Gaius Baltar)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=133488

8) Enhanced Desert Tribes (Creator: Gaius Baltar)

7) Enhanced Portugal for DLV 5.1 Kingdoms
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=133405

8) Enhanced Desert Tribes (Hedjaz) for DLV 5.1 Kingdoms

Suggestions:
    - news popups about important internal game events
    - sticky arrow mod
    - real combat mod
    - realistic ranges mod
    - What do you think about generals that are granted title for a region dont get penalized for moving around in that region.?
    - Do away with the mercenary pool ! hire them right then, or same army will show up a few turns later as a blood-thirsty rebel army!
    - crowning and authority stuff, but the ai can't handle it! within my turkish campaign two large empires simply collapsed for no apparent reason!
    - darth's formation mod
    - How about reducing the population growth in settlements (on the next turn) in those you raise troops in?
    - if the population would be reduced, if rebels spawn in the region.
    - strength of horsemen should be toned down a wee bit.
    - 1.Maybe mercenaries can be recruited in towns instead of on the field,like making inns in the area allows you to recruit the local mercenaries.
    2.Historical enemies...I want to see Sicily getting on the Greeks,England and France,etc.
    3. Maybe some way of a removing old bloodlines and having a system of rebellion where if the rebelling party takes over the game continues with the Rebel leader as king.
    4....More units of a historical flavor,renaming of Byzantines units and more like from the addon armor related to the period.
    - Squires: They would have been squired to one of your Allies Kings,
    - 1. "Domesday Book," Retinue. This could be a retinue item, it was the very detailed "census" done by William the Conqueror, completed in the year of our Lord, 1086.
    - 2. Heres another option for the same idea. "Census Legati," Retinue. This could be a retinue character, the Legati were the royal officers sent forth by William to conduct the Domesday census
    - Four seasons a year, with harsh snowy winter movement costs? Maybe light militia in your armies (that are farmers) melt away from your campaigning/beseiging army in autumn if not in your territory when the harvest is due?
    - losses of attrition,not money. Similar code to the desertions in crusades I imagine.
    - 'Swordsmith' - keeps the blades of your general and his bodyguard magnificently sharp. Bonus to his unit's attack. Perhaps, 'Armourer'(raises, er, armour rating) paying attention to your general and his bodyguard. Bonus to their armour rating. 'Lionheart' - this man (and his men) have the courage of, err, lions. - adds morale booster.
    -

Thanks

repman
    Last edited by repman; January 24, 2008 at 10:21 AM.

BareBonesWars 8.1 for RTW 1.5
    Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Deus lo Vult DLV 6.2 for MTW II Kingdoms
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics

Default Re: DLV Fan Contributions and Suggestions thread

Perhaps (with permission),

we could add the REAL_ARROW mini mod from the 'hardgame mod' ?? http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=78337
    Looks kinda cool to have the arrow's still in the ground / walls / etc. It's something ive never really thought about untill i just saw that.

Regards.

Ordensritter had prepared already real arrow for DLV 2.1 Addon, but in my games the buildings started to flicker during sieges so i ejected this part again.

repman

Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics

ah, i see. Thanks for the reply.

This suggestion might be a little late comming, but you might consider ditching the "lo" in your mod title. "Deus Vult" is more universal and recognizeable as the form in classical latin (used by Urban II and the learned clergy of the day), whereas "Deus Lo Vult" singles you out as conspicuously German.

Depending on where you are in Europe at the time, you'll have different Romance corruptions among the "illiterate laity"... Deus lo volt, Diex el volt, dieu le veut etc. (Gibbon LVIII) A few centuries pass, and sooner or later people are typing different things into their search engines.

Just something to think on. Might get you more hits on Google
    Last edited by jasonwclark99; March 27, 2007 at 05:53 AM.

You should sticky this repman, you'll probably get more out of it if you do, lot of talented modders around these forums.

on behalf of all the students here-

please don't go overboard with too high hardware requirements. i would love to have all the arrows sticking in the ground, but i don't think my machine will be able to do that. i just had to switch back from large to normal unit sizes because the program told me it couldn't show all troops on the battle map-
    which caused a heavy heavy loss of family members. my king and his three sons were killed on a crusade because my other army couldn't show up.
    and i can't spend money on hardware upgrades...

@jasonwclark99
    the name is branded now as DLV wordwide

@missu
    i had no performance issues with the arrow mod, but the buildings were flickering strangely

repman

Hail everyone!

I still think, that the RealCombat mod would be a worthy addition to DLV... (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=82671)
    Or at least to its add-on... Though I pressume the unit stats would need a complete overhaul...

In the future versions, after the patch is released, some additional factions would be welcome...if they are really completed and balanced enough to DLV standards.

But now, I should sit back and enjoy the fine-tuned 2.11. Keep up the good work! You are an old gamerīs only hope... ;-)

CAREER SYSTEM* v0.4 FOR DLV by oda nobunaga

Is it still compatible withe latest dlv 210 ?
    There can be no peace while the Emperor's enemies still draw breath

Giorgos's Avatar Deus Ex Machina

interested in interceptor's query as well? Can you give us an answer repman?

Actually if you use the oda, zapppa stuff certain fixes and changes in the 2.11 files will be overwritten, maybe crashes can occur

@real combat
    i think after patch 1.2 the balancing starts from scratch

repman

Repman, you are right. But (and i donīt want to look stubborn) if the 1.2 patch is (probably) delayed till the Kingdoms addon, which is due in the summer (and I think it means late in the summer, my guess is September) balancing is the most important thing in my eyes to make the game... no, to make DLV even better. But of course, itīs up to you. :-)

Oh, and thanks for your answer!

A link on the Total War "Kingdoms" thread... http://shoguntotalwar.yuku.com/topic...-Magazine.html

Condottiere SOG's Avatar Domesticus

Realistic Ranges mod is compatible with your mod as is the Battle Config mod.

Byg's Avatar Read The Manual
    Patrician

Default Siege/Battle notifications

Howsabout some news report type alerts, in the same way as we are notified about new traits and defeated factions, but covering major battles between ai factions and successful sieges.

I think it would make the game really interesting and realistic...a messenger races to your town with the news that your allies capital is under siege or perhaps news that your enemy's king has fought and beaten some major army or other.

It would be a little advantage for the player over the ai, but would add bags of interest.

I know we have spies and diplomats, but large newsworthy events would have been heard about anyway.

These things could be listed with the trait reports so that we do not have to read them and close the message if we don't want to.

Perhaps messages like "Bucharest is under siege by the Mongols" could be triggered by the garrison script

@Condottiere SOG
    you have changed the edu file so it will crash if it is not adapted: what are the effects regarding balance ?

@byg
    a good idea but it would be pop-up events:
    - important cites conquered: Konstantinopel, Jeruslem,...

Default Re: Siege/Battle notifications

Quote Originally Posted by Byg View Post
    Howsabout some news report type alerts, in the same way as we are notified about new traits and defeated factions, but covering major battles between ai factions and successful sieges.

I know we have spies and diplomats, but large newsworthy events would have been heard about anyway.

These things could be listed with the trait reports so that we do not have to read them and close the message if we don't want to.

Perhaps messages like "Bucharest is under siege by the Mongols" could be triggered by the garrison script
    I've been salivating over such an idea as this myself. Maybe something like when Kings die or they or their heir's marry. Or heroic victories... anything to connect to the campaign, kind of like the year-based history popups.

@byg Good to know that someone else is thinking what I'm thinking!

Eastern Red's Avatar Semisalis

Hi repman,
    I'd played about 150 turns now and didn't encounter any serious bug and the plus point is the waiting time per turn is much faster even with almost the entire map exposed, my waiting time was about 2.5 minutes. Playing as Siciliy, I can understand why the landbridge linking Palermo to the Italian peninsula was taken off because of the positioning of Reggio.
    The main pain is still the raming down of the gate which requires 1-2 hits for a damage point which I hope you could address this. Thanks, great mod.

THE BEGINNING OF A NEW ERA
    COURTESY OF LORD RAHL

Pnutmaster's Avatar Dominus Qualitatium

Default Re: Siege/Battle notifications

Quote Originally Posted by verity_blues View Post
    I've been salivating over such an idea as this myself. Maybe something like when Kings die or they or their heir's marry. Or heroic victories... anything to connect to the campaign, kind of like the year-based history popups.

@byg Good to know that someone else is thinking what I'm thinking!
    Agreed, the events do liven up the campaign. I included faction leader death events in BBB 2.0. Hadn't thought of heroic victories...
    Under the patronage and bound to the service of the
    artist formerly known as Squeakus Maximus
    Stoic Pantheist of S.I.N

Page 1 of 33 123456789101126 ... LastLast