Thread: Governors and Generals

Default Governors and Generals

dd and Rep:

You decided not to go with the governors and generals (ZappA's?) thing where you choose which career path? Just curious as to why? Does it conflict with the general's career trait system? Any thoughts? I enjoy it, but understand it might not fit with your overall plans.

Thanks.

BTW: as usual, you get the quasi-complaint/question.....obviously that question is asked from me during my facing east to worship at the altar of DLV!

Default Re: Governors and Generals

@
    Actually i have not looked into it because this is not my area and i concentrated on other stuff.
    Splitting into generals and governors is not very medieval but from gameplay reasons they could be included.
    Actually the traits \ancilliary system is a little overbloated, needs a clean up because certain vanilla stuff is to much. We need to develop a stringent traits system from the ground, only some important logical coherent traits !
    I will look into the Zapppa and Oda Contribution to check it out !

repman
    Last edited by repman; March 27, 2007 at 12:20 AM.

BareBonesWars 8.1 for RTW 1.5
    Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Deus lo Vult DLV 6.2 for MTW II Kingdoms
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics

Quote Originally Posted by repman View Post
    @
    Actually i have not looked into it because this is not my area and i concentrated on other stuff.
    Splitting into generals and governors is not very medieval but from gameplay reasons they could be included.
    Actually the traits \ancilliary system is a little overbloated, needs a clean up because certain vanilla stuff is to much. We need to develop a stringent traits system from the ground, only some important logical coherent traits !
    I will look into the Zapppa and Oda Contribution to check it out !

repman
    Good point on it not being medieval.....sometimes I guess we get hung on on gameplay and forget about what period we're playing!

I'm not too fussed on it, not saying Zappa is a crap modder or anythin, in fact he's helped me with a few things, i just don't think you should have to choose between commander and governor, i believe there were plenty of medieval duke's were good commanders and governors.

It's personnal preference, and not for me, i think it should be avaliable for download for those who want it, not compulsory with future versions of DLV.

there is a collection thread now of user contributions

repman

BareBonesWars 8.1 for RTW 1.5
    Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Deus lo Vult DLV 6.2 for MTW II Kingdoms
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics

ZaPPPa's Avatar RTR co-daddy

The Governor/General is nothing more than a little bonus. A 'Governor' can still make a great general.

Anyway, I'll update the latest DLV file sometime. It's really easy to mod it in, so if anyone else can do it and post it, that would be good too.