Thread: Serious Problem - Custom Battles

Default Serious Problem - Custom Battles

I have a serious problem concerning choosing a battlefield for custom battles - I will select a battlefield, say Grassy Plains or whatever the generic flat one is called, and the map that loads will not be the one I selected. This is true for all of them. Also, sometimes there is water covering the entire map, and the battle immediately ends as soon as it starts. Does anyone know why this is happening?

tornnight's Avatar Forum Bot

Default Re: Serious Problem - Custom Battles

Not sure about the Grassy Plains issue. Give me more details.

Many of the custom battle maps are points on the campaign map. Because of the change in the map, some of those points are now underwater. Maybe I'll try and correct that when the Battle Editor comes out.
    "The first casualty when war comes, is truth." - Hiram Johnson
    Developer of The Long Road Modification

Quote Originally Posted by tornnight View Post
    Not sure about the Grassy Plains issue. Give me more details.

Many of the custom battle maps are points on the campaign map. Because of the change in the map, some of those points are now underwater. Maybe I'll try and correct that when the Battle Editor comes out.
    Ohhh, so that would explain why Redoubt does work - it's not on the campaign map.

As for the other issue, an example is I tried to boot up one of three bridge maps, and it instead loaded a map where my opponent started on top of a mountain, making them inaccessible.

I understand the problem, but it is still kind of irritating.

k_161's Avatar Miles

I can confirm this.Custom maps are a little messed up now :p.

"No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity. But I know none, and therefore I am no beast"

XD I had mentioned this problem about a month ago.

Yes, I'm pretty sure the issue is on the campaign map. I think you can fix the issue just by changing the position that the maps are supposed to be. I know someone did something similar by adding new maps to a mod.