Thread: restricted max lvl

Default restricted max lvl

the thing with 2.1 where two settlements can be max level is better, but is there a way to remove the whole restricting thing altogether? is there a part of code to remove or perhaps you can upload a small .exe file to remove it for those who want it removed?

Default Re: restricted max lvl

Quote Originally Posted by Ordensritter View Post
    In order to do this, you have to look for the export_descr_buildings. Can be found at vanilla/DLV_ext/data and open it.

For cites search this line and delete the red marked part.
    huge_stone_wall city requires factions { northern_european, mesoamerican, middle_eastern, eastern_european, greek, southern_european, } and hidden_resource metropolis

For citadels search this line and delete the red marked part, too.
    citadel castle requires factions { northern_european, mesoamerican, middle_eastern, eastern_european, greek, southern_european, } and hidden_resource metropolis
    the answer is out there somewhere...

i hate you so much...

It's not a question of removing the level restrictions, but ADDING the additional level back to all the settlements that they were removed from...

On a side note, I believe this "restriction" is to add to the role-play, by keeping you focused on your historical powerbase. And forcing you to go after the AI's historical powerbase, instead of just any of their territory.

Are those regions preselected or can I decide for myself where to build the highest level. I'm playing France at the moment, if I can't select the regions which are they for this faction?

the original capitol and toulouse (citadel). you can't change it

repman

BareBonesWars 8.1 for RTW 1.5
    Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Deus lo Vult DLV 6.2 for MTW II Kingdoms
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics

Thanks, that's great, as I prefer Toulouse!

chgo's Avatar Tiro

let's say i have 2 settlements maxed out and i conquer a maxed out city from another faction, do I have 3 maxed out settlements then or is the new city going to be degraded?
    Peace at home, peace in the world - Atatürk

Quote Originally Posted by chgo View Post
    let's say i have 2 settlements maxed out and i conquer a maxed out city from another faction, do I have 3 maxed out settlements then or is the new city going to be degraded?
    Any Metropolii that you capture will still be maxable...which is why this is not really that restricting. If you were England and overran Scotland you would have 4 settlements that could be maxed, and so on, and so on...

Cheers! dd

Is there a list of all maxable settlements, or can this be seen in-game, somehow? I know, factions' capitols are quite obvious, but what about the 2nd settlement?

Author of the ---== Knights Templar Mod ==---
    Creator of the ---== Lord Calidor's Weapon Pack 1 ==---
    Member of the ---== Dominion of the Sword ==--- and ---== C.B.U.R.P ==---

The first is the capitol , the second is a castle nearby (Toulouse is a little off)
    will give you a list later

repman

Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics

erm- what about the list?
    if i may insist?

Ïs squalor effect reduced so cities that cant be maxed are not constantly in rebelion?

In the light of this topic,

Can anyoen supply me with a list of metropolises in the game?

I find it very very hard to get later-tier castle units, since every metropolis I run into is a city and seemingly you cant revert a cty to a castle after tier 2.

Inverness_Province
    Novgorod_Province
    Arhus_Province
    Edinburgh_Province
    Smolensk_Province
    Nottingham_Province
    Stettin_Province
    Peremyshl_Province
    Frankfurt_Province
    Paris_Province
    Hohenstauffen_Province
    Tenochtitlan_Province
    Buda_Province
    Pest_Province
    Milan_Province
    Toulouse_Province
    Leon_Province
    Zara_Province
    Toledo_Province
    Pamplona_Province
    Constantinople_Province
    Lisbon_Province
    Ajaccio_Province
    Nicaea_Province
    Roman_Province
    Naples_Province
    Cordoba_Province
    Iconium_Province
    Mosul_Province
    Granada_Province
    Palermo_Province
    Gaza_Province
    Cairo_Province

Quote Originally Posted by repman View Post
    Inverness_Province
    Novgorod_Province
    Cairo_Province
    London can't be maxed? O_o

Author of the ---== Knights Templar Mod ==---
    Creator of the ---== Lord Calidor's Weapon Pack 1 ==---
    Member of the ---== Dominion of the Sword ==--- and ---== C.B.U.R.P ==---