Thread: Any game advice?

Default Any game advice?

Basically, I love this game. But every game I play, I end being way in debt. I don't really understand it! I have financial centers and military centers, keep generals indoors unless campaigning, manage army sizes and maintain good alliances and trade. Yet I seem to be pretty much in perma debt. Devastation really f's you up, even after the army is gone.

So any advices?

Default Re: Any game advice?

Are you letting the computer doing the building of buildings for you?

-Built everything yourself.
    -Built stuff that make your city $. Farm/Port/Road/Trade/Etc
    -Put a very small amount of unit in city/castle (rest of your army should be invading/battle/or fending off rebel
    -Tax adjustment. Balance if things going ok or smooth. High if your city grows too quickly, low if your city has nothing more to built.
    -Merchant (Send them to place with Gold/Silver/Ivory)
    -Diplomacy (Charge $ for ceasefire, trade right, marriage, alliance if they send a diplomat TO YOU)
    -Sacking city: If your enemies leave their settlement with little to no defender. Attack and sack the city. Burn everything to the ground (you also get some small $ out of that too), Very high tax, retreat or move on.
    -Send General to one city after another to they gain title. Title= Tax bonus. My Heir has a whole bunch of 15% tax bonus and 5% trade getting 4k on a small city.
    -Never hire mercenary or train unnecessary unit.

All the tip I got so far. Good luck.

mrcrusty's Avatar Primicerius

Also, try not to blitz your way around the map, sieging multiple settlements at once can really screw up your economy.