Thread: unresponsive campaign AI

Default unresponsive campaign AI

Short story: its been 30 years (60 turns) and no one has initiated a war besides myself. I tested a second campaign after a full reinstall of dlv 2.0 and same thing after 20 turns.

Long story:

Finally finished with finals and d/led the lastest DLV, (DLV 2.0) and the superpack that repman has posted and loaded up a game, as the English.

I played till 1208 when I stopped because I realized hadn't seen an alliance/excommunication/ect message and after checking the diplomacy screen there wasn't a single nation at war with eachother which I found very odd. I used the Fog of war toggle to check out the map and all the rebel states were gone in Europe, and most of the nations were just sitting on 4 or 5 full stacks just chilling around their borders.

I figured it must be a bug so I uninstalled and reinstalled dlv and did an HRE campaign figuring if I wanted to see how many nations would attack me at once before 1200 there would be no better choice. Same thing as above, no AI wars...

any thoughts on what I've done wrong? there are no other mods active besides dlv 2.0 and w/e is in repman's superpack thats posted on this forum.

Default Re: unresponsive campaign AI

your campaign is wierd. i wanted to maintain the status quo in europe after i created my nice little empire base, and the bloody french and germans keep going at each others throats, the germans ate up the polish, the spanish ate up the portugese etc etc.

Civis

No idea. In my campaigns it usually takes about 10-15 years then all hell starts breaking loose. Generally in the 1190s and early 1200s I see wars start on the british isles (england, scotland, france), Iberia, and eastern europe. Plus around then the first jihads and crusades are called. As the byz and russians I can usually make it to about the time of the first mongol warning just taking rebel territories and by then theres usally plenty of wars going on with the AI.

In the earlier version of DLV with UAI you had to reset the starting diplomatic relations to get the full effect of the upgraded campaign AI diplomacy. You may want to search on UAI and/or GrandViz for more info.

I honestly haven't played MTW in a few months, but heard about the new patch so I thought I'd come back. Is what I'm experiencing usual for the dlv diplomacy? So I should expect no wars anywhere for 20-30 years?

Yes except for wars you initiate, because for the first 30+ years of the game, everyone is rushing for rebel towns and building their armies

I find that the first 20 years is a relative time of peace.

I'm in year 1217 with the Scots, having driven the English out of the English Isles and taken Cashel, the last of the rebel outposts in Ireland, soon after. The squarish area west of Venice and north of Portugal is an uneasy place with the English, French and myself holding a hopsplotch of provinces and all at war with one another. Since i hold two castles here, Caen and Angers, I use it as a training ground for my young generals.

i had the same kind of experience .... even after 100 years the scotts had done nothing except make 10-15 full stacks and just sat in scotland

Same thing happened to me too, the AI just sat there even after taking rebel settlements.
    End of an era

Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    Same thing happened to me too, the AI just sat there even after taking rebel settlements.

More info guys....what difficulty are you playing on? Perhaps you set it on the "lighter" setting and that breeds some weird results?

I tended to think it was quiet too, but all heck will break loose.

Are you playing 2.0 or 2.1, because 2.1 is different ?

repman

BareBonesWars 8.1 for RTW 1.5
    Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Deus lo Vult DLV 6.2 for MTW II Kingdoms
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics

mine was VH / H but it was v2.0, ive just installed 2.11 so ill see what happens

2.11 is great, the AI are making alliances, and poland, milan and sicily have HRE on the ropes, milan attacked first, HRE were then ex-communicated, then sicily and poland attacked. Poland and hungary have allied, so have portugal and spain, interesting to see how long those "power blocks" will last, and the french have just backstabbed me! i fully expected this it happens in every game with all the mods i've played and i don't mind at all, saves me the trouble.

The AI seem to have enough wealth to pose a challenge but they don't have a ridiculous amount of men now, really enjoying it so far, into 1200 already.

One thing so far though - dimplomacy is again almost spot on, it's just that when you offer a gift to certain factions it can worsen your relations, i offered a gift of 1500 florins to HRE as england and it was barely accepted and worsened our relations from poor to very poor.

Btw playing on h/h as the enlgish.

When I made this post I was playing dlv 2.0, just finished installing 2.1.

and all my campaigns I described were on vh/vh. Maybe it was just a fluke.

I'm going to start up another HRE game and play recklessly, leaving very light garrisons and hopefully someone will attack me.