Thread: Purchasing Territory from Allies

Default Purchasing Territory from Allies

It seems a little to easy to expand in this fashion. Starting as Venice I expanded slowly, only attacking the settlements that I was sent on missions to attack. Then I realized I needed more territory to grow, but couldn't afford to send armies out to Muslim lands, and didn't want to risk the hit to my reputation.

So I sat back for a few turns until I had 15-20,000 florins. I asked my best Ally for a small territory (<2000 population). After haggling a little bit it turns out I can take it off their hands for less than $8,000 without it effecting our alliance!

After purchasing lots of territory this way I've found out that you can get them from anywhere between $5,500-$12,000 florins, with all buildings intact, all population happy (only purchasing bordering territory), and a nice little army inside as a bonus! (sometimes made up of units you can't normally get) No need to raise an army, trot them around, or get the world upset at you.

I have 4 of those bonus ancillaries, so all of my new faction leaders have like +5 authority and +5 hitpoints right off the bat, making things a little too easy.

So by 1146 year I have the #1 ranking, 21 territories (only 10 purchased, could have many more) and 130,000 florins in the bank. I'm wondering if this should be looked at?

Default Re: Purchasing Territory from Allies

It already was.