Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Zeph's Orthodox Patriarch Mod

Zephrelial's Avatar Eternal Sorrow
    An ancient castle on a steep windy mountain peak.. away from all mortal eyes...

Default Zeph's Orthodox Patriarch Mod

We can discuss here the mod.Report bugs,state your views etc.Here is the info about the mod:

ZEPH'S ORTHODOX PATRIARCH MOD

This mod adds "the Patriach" into the mtw2 as a counterpart of the Pope.As we all know in mtw 2 the Christian Catholics has the Pope as the spiritual leader,however the Orthodox in the game don't have such a leader.Now with this mod implements the spiritual leader of Orthodox in the World,The Patriarch...

MOD FEATURES

-Orthodox Patriarch added to the factions "Byzantium" and "Russia"
    -Patriarch will emerge from the "Huge orthodox cathedral" for the Byzantine Faction and for the Russia faction,he will be chosen from a bishop under certain requirements.
    -Patriarch has a bonus as of +3 piety

BYZANTINE PATRIARCH REQUIREMENTS

-Faction Byzantine Empire has the power to create its own Patriarch from the "Huge Cathedral"
    -Build a huge orthodox in order to obtain a Patriarch.

RUSSIAN PATRIARCH REQUIREMENTS

-The Russian faction can not have Patriarchs from the Orthodox Huge Cathedral.
    -Russian Bishops has the chance to become the Patriarch.
    -The minimum piety level required for the Russian Bishops to be chosen as Patriarch is 7.
    -Priests can not be chosen Patriarchs only Bishops.
    -Bishops are available from "Orthodox Cathedrals".
    -A Bishop that has a piety level of 7 has 50 percent chance to be elected Patriarch.
    -A Bishop that has a piety level of 8 has 60 percent chance to be elected Patriarch.
    -A Bishop that has a piety level of 9 has 70 percent chance to be elected Patriarch.
    -A Bishop that has a piety level of 10 has 85 percent chance to be elected Patriarch.
    Note that these chances are always valid as long as the Bishop is alive eventually he will be elected Patriarch.

INSTALLATION

Extract the Zeph's Orthodox Patriach mod .zip you just downloaded into the directory:

Programfiles/SEGA/medieval2
    Ckick "Yes to all" to the overwriting of files.Run the game from your medieval2.exe.

PERMISSION

This mod is for Personal Use, cannot take place within other mods and is under the branch of "Clouds Across Europe Mod"
    along with Kingom of Jerusalem,The Teutonic Order,Order of The Dragon,Eastern Princesses,Eras and General,BattlePassive AI Bugfix mods.

DOWNLOAD LINK:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=1260
    Last edited by Zephrelial; March 23, 2007 at 04:46 PM. Reason: Mod Updated
    Shine on you crazy diamond...

Default Re: Zeph's Orthodox Patriarch Mod

Finally! Some justice is being done to the Orthodox factions. Thank you very much Zephrelial.

Although 1 question. Does the patriarch have a unique icon on the campaign map such as the bishops, priests etc or is this just an ancilliary or trait addition?

EDIT: Jesus Christ i just checked out the preview. He does have an individual icon. Simply awesome. You've earned reputation mate

It feels good for Orthodox people like me to have somewhat more representation in the game.
    Last edited by Dreadking; March 23, 2007 at 03:18 AM.

Ahh another one of Zeph's great mods. One question though; does the Patriarch give missions like the Pope does?
    "O Lord, bless this Thy hand grenade that, with it, Thou mayest blow Thine enemies to tiny bits in Thy mercy."
    Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadking View Post
    Finally! Some justice is being done to the Orthodox factions. Thank you very much Zephrelial.

Although 1 question. Does the patriarch have a unique icon on the campaign map such as the bishops, priests etc or is this just an ancilliary or trait addition?

EDIT: Jesus Christ i just checked out the preview. He does have an individual icon. Simply awesome. You've earned reputation mate

It feels good for Orthodox people like me to have somewhat more representation in the game.
    Sorry I was away for a while.No,this is not just a trait addition or ancillary,the Patriarch is available once you build Huge Orthodox cathedral.

From the Huge Orthodox Cathedral you recruit it,It has a piety bonus of +3,It has a significant Patriarch model which you can see from the screenshot in the mod's download section.
    Thanks a lot,I always wanted to add the Patriarch.Finally made it possible

Quote Originally Posted by murphy9926 View Post
    Ahh another one of Zeph's great mods. One question though; does the Patriarch give missions like the Pope does?
    Thanks for the compliment Murphy I'm flattered.For now It doesn't give missions.
    However,I intend to make him give missions like the Pope does.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephrelial View Post
    Thanks for the compliment Murphy I'm flattered.For now It doesn't give missions.
    However,I intend to make him give missions like the Pope does.
    Can't wait. Great modding mate.

Great mod. But why this doesn't happen with Russia? They are Orthodox too. It would be great if Orthodox factions compete in electing the patriarch.

Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by GiorgioIII View Post
    Great mod. But why this doesn't happen with Russia? They are Orthodox too. It would be great if Orthodox factions compete in electing the patriarch.

Think about it
    I see.Well,giving the Patriarch to the Russia would be wrong.In the game there is only one Pope as being the leader of all Catholics in the game.
    And about the Orthodoxs their leader is the Patriarch.And the Patriarch resides in Constantinople since the times of the Eastern Roman Empire.
    There is only one Patriarch like there is only one Pope,and There has never been Patriarch from Russia.Thats why I only implemented it to the faction Byzantine Empire.
    Last edited by Zephrelial; March 23, 2007 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadking View Post
    Can't wait. Great modding mate.
    Thank you again,The problem here about the missions is to make Patriarch missions exclusive to the Byzantine Empire,If I can sort out that problem the missions can be done. :hmmm:

Soulghast's Avatar RAWR!

Actually, after the Byzantine Empire fell to the Ottomans, the Russians created there own Patriarch, and they still have him, so, now there are 2 Patriarchs, 1 in Constantinople, and another 1 in Moscow.

By the way, about the permission thing, you forbid anybody to use anything from your mods to their own? At Renaissance, we are using your Teutonic Order mod, that means we will have to take it out?
    Ex-Curator
    Under the Patronage of Perikles
    Patron of Desperado † and Astaroth

R.I.P Calvin

Quote Originally Posted by RTR Fan View Post
    Actually, after the Byzantine Empire fell to the Ottomans, the Russians created there own Patriarch, and they still have him, so, now there are 2 Patriarchs, 1 in Constantinople, and another 1 in Moscow.

By the way, about the permission thing, you forbid anybody to use anything from your mods to their own? At Renaissance, we are using your Teutonic Order mod, that means we will have to take it out?
    So the Russians still have their own Patriarch?Are you sure about that?If you can confirm that they have a Patriarch in Moscow then I need to add the Patriarch to the Russians as well.
    Well,I know you are using my Teutonic Order mod in the Renassaince.The registration of mods as you also know is quite new.And at the time I gave the permission for the Teutonic Order mod,there wasn't specified types of permission such as free to use,permission by request,accredition and Personal Use etc.
    For that reason you don't have to take it out from your current version.However,when you upgrade Renassaince to a newer version permission is not given,as the Registration have taken place and the permission type of the mod is for Personal Use.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephrelial View Post
    I see.Well,giving the Patriarch to the Russia would be wrong.In the game there is only one Pope as being the leader of all Catholics in the game.
    And about the Orthodoxs their leader is the Patriarch.And the Patriarch resides in Constantinople since the times of the Eastern Roman Empire.
    There is only one Patriarch like there is only one Pope,and There has never been Patriarch from Russia.Thats why I only implemented it to the factio Byzantine Empire.
    Ofcourse there should be only one patriarch, what i'm saying is maybe priests from russia and byzantium have the ability to become patriarch when their piety is high, just like orthodox factions.

Good luck trying to give patriarch missions.

Soulghast's Avatar RAWR!

So the Russians still have their own Patriarch?Are you sure about that?If you can confirm that they have a Patriarch in Moscow then I need to add the Patriarch to the Russians as well.
    Well,I know you are using my Teutonic Order mod in the Renassaince.The registration of mods as you also know is quite new.And at the time I gave the permission for the Teutonic Order mod,there wasn't specified types of permission such as free to use,permission by request,accredition and Personal Use etc.
    For that reason you don't have to take it out from your current version.However,when you upgrade Renassaince to a newer version permission is not given,as the Registration have taken place and the permission type of the mod is for Personal Use.
    I guess that means no Teutonic Order in Renaissance.

Anyway, for Russian Patriarchs, take a look here:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patriarch_of_Moscow
    Ex-Curator
    Under the Patronage of Perikles
    Patron of Desperado † and Astaroth

R.I.P Calvin

Ok I wasn't aware that there was also a Patriarchy in Moscow.And the Slavian Orthodoxes see their religious leader as him.
    So I will update the mod and add the Patriarchy also to the faction Russia.

Yes Russia had their own patriarch i know it i'm from Greece.

Quote Originally Posted by GiorgioIII View Post
    Yes Russia had their own patriarch i know it i'm from Greece.
    I've checked that too,done a little research.I have added the Patriarch to the Russia,as a slightly different from Byzantine Patriarch and as being the Slavian orthodox's religious leader.
    But I have a little problem with the game seperating the two Patriarchs,when I overcome this problem;hopefully I will upload.

Tadzreuli's Avatar Chevalier Blanche

Russian have not patriarch at this time of mod (XI-XIV c.). becouse Russian church had not autocephality from konstantinople patriarch. other ortodox chucrch - Georgian apostolic ortodox chucrh have autocephaly since 470 ad. Russina church became autocephaly in XVI c. and by this time under Patriarch rulle.

Quote Originally Posted by Tadzreuli View Post
    Russian have not patriarch at this time of mod (XI-XIV c.). becouse Russian church had not autocephality from konstantinople patriarch. other ortodox chucrch - Georgian apostolic ortodox chucrh have autocephaly since 470 ad. Russina church became autocephaly in XVI c. and by this time under Patriarch rulle.
    Well,if Russian church became independent from the Greek Orthodox patriarchy in the XVI ,the russians should not have Patriarchs since the game covers the time period from 1080 untill 1530.
    I am really confused about whether to add the Russian patriarchs or not. :hmmm:

Tadzreuli's Avatar Chevalier Blanche

Well,if Russian church became independent from the Greek Orthodox patriarchy in the XVI ,the russians should not have Patriarchs since the game covers the time period from 1080 untill 1530.
    I am really confused about whether to add the Russian patriarchs or not.
    I hope, if you make Georgian faction, will make Georgian patriarch too

Quote Originally Posted by Tadzreuli View Post
    I hope, if you make Georgian faction, will make Georgian patriarch too
    Oh my God! It seems the whole place will be flooding with Patriarchs at this demand rate

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast