Thread: [EB AAR] The Hounds of Molossia

Default [EB AAR] The Hounds of Molossia

The Molossian Empire

The year is 243bc. After Pyhrros had conquered Italia and the Hellas (including his rightful throne in Pella) his heir Ptolemaios has claimed Crete, Byzantion (including it's surrounding areas) the territories north of Epeiros along the Ageatic and all but a small Carthaginian force left to quell in Sicilia.

The new heir to the throne, Pyrrichos, first son of Ptolemaios, has heroically rescued Byzantion from an onslaught of attacks from what used to be the Makedonians (who are now securely settled along the eastern edge of Asia Minor.) The city was moments away from being conquered when he and his reenforcments entered the battle to save the day!

Our friends from the time of Pyhrros have included a key alliance with Seleukia. This has come to an ebrupt end as they have betrayed us and laid seige to an ill prepared garrison on the island of Krete. It is only a matter of time before they fall. May the gods grant their speed to Eumedes (second son of Ptolemaios) as he gathers a force in Athenai to rescue Krete.

Key Players and Positions:

Eumedes in Athenai

Pyrrichos in Byzantion

Philon (forth and youngest son of Pyrrhos) in Northern Italia

Helenos in Sicilia (third son of Pyrrhos - his second son, Alexandros was killed in battle fighting a band of rebel Samnites in Italia after the Romans had been vanquished)

Archiades Kermaraios (husband to Ptolemaios' eldest child, daughter Nereis) in the territory north of Epeiros on the Aegiatic coast.

The Molossian Emperor, Ptolemaios
    Last edited by Francisco Montana; March 25, 2007 at 12:56 PM.
    Faithfully under the patronage of the fallen yet rather amiable Octavian.

Smile! The better the energy you put in, the better the energy you will get out.

Default Re: The Hounds of Molossian

In classic RTW AI Diplomacy fashion the Seleukids sued for peace a turn after they put Krete under seige (and after I sank the fleet that took their troops there).

Of course, I had to manipulate the dumb AI and ask for trade rights and 20k monai as well. They have settled with 16k (I think I'll take it). I used to avoid manipulating the AI and extort money from them like this but EB has changed my ways by giving the AI all that extra cash every turn (so I don't feel guilty now! )

I have a suspicion they will put Krete under siege again next turn so shall continue to get my 'rescue' force organized and reenforce Krete all the same. I shall then consider the Seleukids hostiles and plan my mulit-pronged invasion of Asia Minor (and Rhodios to boot).
    Last edited by Francisco Montana; March 23, 2007 at 08:08 AM.

Smile! The better the energy you put in, the better the energy you will get out.

Default Re: The Hounds of Molossia

The Seleukia – Molossian Wars

So the war begins. Negotiations between the eastern remnants of Alexadros’ empire and those of his Hellenic origins have failed. The Mollos wanted nothing but peaceful coexistence in order to focus on their arch-nemesis the Mytilene Empire. But the Seleukids could not stand another power house in the mediteranian and have once again attacked Krete. This time, Eumedes was able to reach the shores of the besieged island and thwart all attempts by the AS to subdue it. Molossia’s most esteemed seadog, Admiral Nikarchos assured any attempt at escape was cut off and the Seleukids have paid dearly. In addition to their western fleet, the Seleukids have lost a great general in Kendebaios Margianikos. Perhaps these developments will send a message to the Seleukids and anyone else who would question the rights and territory of the great Molossian Emperor, Ptolomaios.

The Mytilene Empire and the Seleukids have arranged a ceasefire...

A - Eumedes' rescue of Krete
    B - Phyrrichos' rescue of Byzantion
    C - Helenos' final defeat of the Carthaginians in Sicilia

The Consolidation of Sicilia

30 days of games and celebration have been ordered throughout the Molossian Empire in commeration of Helenos Aikaides' triumphant conquest of Sicilia. :tacticalw

There is still much work to be done and preparations to be made for our futher expansion into Corsica and Sardinia. We did not ask for war against the Carthaginians. But we must secure safe trade routes west of Italia and with their aggression in Silicia against our forces, war seems to be the only answer.
    Last edited by Francisco Montana; March 25, 2007 at 12:57 PM.

Very nice AAR. Short, sweet and lots of pics! As a hepirote dog, I love it.
    Go Minerwars Go! A 6DOF game of space mining and shooting. SAKA Co-FC, Koinon Hellenon FC, Epeiros FC. RS Hellenistic Historian K.I.S.S.

Very good indeed! That's a really impressive empire, combined with good storytelling and amusing use of smiley's.
    Ps: Pretty pictures too! :original:
    "Tempus edax rerum." Ovid, Metamorphoses
    Under the patronage of Virgil.

Thanks guys.

I forgot some house rules:

VH Campaign - M Battle

General Cam

Zoom-In all the way on battle radar

No pause during battle (unless it's an emergency with one of my boys, etc But never for tactical purposes.)

No lifting the FOW --ever

No looking at other factions on the rankings chart. You must calculate your enemy's strengh through espionage and intel on the groud --not some magic chart that wouldn't have existed.

Ummm, that's all I can think of for now. :hmmm:

Turnoil And Unrest

In a coordinated effort, agents of both Molossia and Ptolemaioi, along with insurgent forces from the Ptolemaioi have managed to cause unrest in Pontic lands under the control of Seleukia. This has destablized the region and has the Seleukids using valuable resources to qwell the insurrection.

Meanwhile, (youngest son of the Emperor), after having secured a beach head in Mylinene territory, has put Nikaia under Molossian occupation.
    Last edited by Francisco Montana; March 25, 2007 at 12:57 PM.