Thread: Decent Cavalry

Tiro

Default Decent Cavalry

Hey guys! To all of the TW: Renaissance modders: Great work! I have some problems with the south european factions though...

There are no decent cavalry for portugal/spain. Can't you just add the Gandarmes to both factions?

Default Re: Decent Cavalry

they will be getting reiters(now called dragoons). thats all i know. however, they werent known for their calvary at the time. the spainish relied more on infantry then other factions.

Tiro

Yeah - the reiters is fine - but I still think that there should be some - if not good - ordinary cavalry... If not relying on cavalry than at least have something to outflank enemies with - battling against french armies are almost impossible - they have loads of cavalry that just rides down anything you can throw at them (well - except pikemen, but they are not that mobile). And since the AI rarely is on the offensive in field battles, advancing with rows of pike/swordsmen supported by musketeers isn't that good...

to balance that out i just changed the stats of many units. i recomend making chevaliers around 2500 to recruit and 1000 for upkeep. to help the spanish i would make pike militia 10 to recruit and for upkeep. for tercio i would make them a little stronger and make them 20-50 to recruit and then 20-50 for upkeep. i did these things with my game and the issue was balanced. it also helped make the enemy rely mainly on pikemen and arquebusiers.

to outflank them justt use the sword and buckler men or as i did the conquistadors.

hope this helps!

Tiro

Yeah - I agree - Conquizadores are really great! Have played a bit longer in my campaign have got explorers guild in five cities now - so my cavalry problem is fixed...

Thing I hate about conquistadors is that CA made the EDB so that you need to be in america to recruit them????

Ermm... So like, wasn't it the conquistadors that TRAVELED To the Americas from Europe???? :hmmm: :hmmm: :hmmm:

Haha, that's something I can't figure out about CA's choice in that.

What are you supposed to do with conquistadors all the way in America anyways?

Cortez: "Come on conquistadors, time to send some of you all the way across the atlantic to fight against the french."

I mean, who exactly is training these conquistadors, such an elite unit, and giving them fantastic armour and weapons all the way in a completely foreign land which has never even seen metallic armour before?
    Original Creator of Renaissance Total War (MTW2)
    Creator of Medieval Classic (MTW2)
    Maker of Instant Tech Mod (ETW)
    Maker of Infinite Money Campaign (ETW)
    Maker of Blockbuster Music Mod (ETW):
    http://www.2shared.com/file/5209733/...Music_Mod.html
    A Top Contributor of the Downloads Section
    Under the Patronage of Selenius4tsd

DrIstvaan's Avatar Artifex

Maybe they wanted to make the Conquistadores dependant on the discovery of America, but something went awry .
    But seriously, I don't have a clue, it's such a big logical fault.

You may want to take a look at my small mod, Like Orange in Black Chocolate.
    Under the patronage of Silver Guard