Thread: FACTION: Mongols (MONGOLS)

Lord Condormanius's Avatar Artifex

Default FACTION: Mongols (MONGOLS)

This thread will be used to discuss the different aspects of the Mongol faction. This post is only a placeholder and will be updated.
    "There is a difference between what is wrong and what is evil. Evil is committed when clarity is taken away from what is clearly wrong, allowing wrong to be seen as less wrong, excusable, right, or an obligatory commandment of the Lord God Almighty.

Evil is bad sold as good, wrong sold as right, injustice sold as justice. Like the coat of a virus, a thin veil of right can disguise enormous wrong and confer an ability to infect others."
    -John G. Hartung

Default Re: FACTION: Mongols (MONGOLS)

Not many posts...........................

...No way.

Probably because there aren't that many people in this forum.

hey LC, If posible to make mongol attack eastern europe and timur attack the middle east. That would be the way it happened and some balance to the game too.

Ridiculous when the Mongols got Jerusalem.

Quote Originally Posted by borya1978 View Post
    hey LC, If posible to make mongol attack eastern europe and timur attack the middle east. That would be the way it happened and some balance to the game too.

That is the plan...it seems like every time I play the campaign, the mongols end up in Jerusalem. I have a big problem with that. I am pretty sure that this is possible although I am not sure how to implement it at this time. Rest assured, however, that it is something that I am planning to address.

LC
    "There is a difference between what is wrong and what is evil. Evil is committed when clarity is taken away from what is clearly wrong, allowing wrong to be seen as less wrong, excusable, right, or an obligatory commandment of the Lord God Almighty.

Evil is bad sold as good, wrong sold as right, injustice sold as justice. Like the coat of a virus, a thin veil of right can disguise enormous wrong and confer an ability to infect others."
    -John G. Hartung

forgot one more thing, mongols at that time were pagan. dont know if you can change that

LC

I know how to change that "invasion target" thing.

It's quite simple.

You just go to the descr_regions file and find that settlement that you want to take off or add to invasion targets.

In the info of the settlement there are those options that tell you what resources, is that settlement jihad or crusade able (if you know what I mean).

There at the same line should read: Horde Target if the mongols or timurids are trying to take that settlement. Simply take it off..

I think that you can't change the way of invasion so that mongols would invade europe and timurids middle east. I believe that is hardcoded.

Heretic

Quote Originally Posted by borya1978 View Post
    forgot one more thing, mongols at that time were pagan. dont know if you can change that
    I can change that...and I most likely will. I am just trying to figure out how to rectify their conversion to Islam. It moght not be necessary for gamelplay, but I would like to look into it anyhow.

LC

-John G. Hartung

Irishmafia2020's Avatar Senator

LC, you can change the religion by changing both the faction religion, and replicating their religious buildings in the building_desc so that they are no longer muslim, but they have muslim buildings that produce pagan priests. Of course you would have to remove the Mongols from the muslim religious building tree, there is a thread around that explains the process in more detail. It is not hard, and I did it successfully when I added Baltic tribes and Bulgars to my version of the game. Good luck...

Quote Originally Posted by Irishmafia2020 View Post
    LC, you can change the religion by changing both the faction religion, and replicating their religious buildings in the building_desc so that they are no longer muslim, but they have muslim buildings that produce pagan priests. Of course you would have to remove the Mongols from the muslim religious building tree, there is a thread around that explains the process in more detail. It is not hard, and I did it successfully when I added Baltic tribes and Bulgars to my version of the game. Good luck...
    Thanks...I'll look into it.

LC

-John G. Hartung