Thread: New general not in family tree?!

Default New general not in family tree?!

Just used my one of my princesses to seduce an HRE General into my family! But, how come him or his wife (my heirs daughter) is not shown on my family tree? I believe he's good breeding stock, but how will this be possible now?

Default Re: New general not in family tree?!

I asked this in a few threads too. The answer is that it's an in-game bug that will be fixed when CA releases patch 1.2.

Believe, it is irritating, especially when you find an excellent general to bring into your family and he doesn't appear.

But i just went ahead with Boleslaw (from Poland), and role-played it that the other nobles vehemently objected to any claims to the throne for him, and he being so in love with my princess, renounced all claims and was not not included in the family tree. The bonus was that he came with 1 title, 1 sword and 1 privy seal.

Quote Originally Posted by cordia75 View Post
    The bonus was that he came with 1 title, 1 sword and 1 privy seal.
    Drats! I should have looked around a little more! I was just wanting to drive a thorn into my enemies side by stealing one of their "Students of Warfare." I didn't even think of expanding my retinue pool!

Update:
    Just had king die, heirs son only 11 years old. Figured it would revert to it's crazy scripting and pick me a new heir, seemingly at random; but no... My "Princess stolen" HRE general (not even pictured in family tree) has aquired trait "future regent" basicaly stating, "if faction leader does not produce heir, will become faction leader." ????
    this is going to be intresting!!!

hellbard's Avatar Civis

once i "stole" a french general with my polish princess, and their children did not have his last name.. each child had a different polish last name... I was so looking forward to have a more exotic family tree...

Shadrach's Avatar Miles

I had the same problem, it started almost at the start of the campaign and I now have lots of generals not showing up in the tree, since my original royal family was plagued by the 'wife had difficult birth' trait. These generals still get children, they come of age and so on, but its really hard to tell their relations. Also, they have only sons it seems, no princesses.

Good to hear its not a DLV problem. Couldn't find any mention of it in the fixlist for 1.2 though...
    http://shoguntotalwar.yuku.com/topic...ture-List.html

-S

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrach View Post
    These generals still get children, they come of age and so on, but its really hard to tell their relations. Also, they have only sons it seems, no princesses.
    THIS is what I wanted to know, that they would have children and so forth... at least.

thanX for replying

This is NOT a vanilla bug. Prior to installing any mods, as well as in LTC and DarthMod (without Darth Map, though), I had full family tree visible, including stolen generals, adopted, married in the family etc. I've also seen princesses which married foreign heirs or stole generals, their children showing, all of the brats.

Author of the ---== Knights Templar Mod ==---
    Creator of the ---== Lord Calidor's Weapon Pack 1 ==---
    Member of the ---== Dominion of the Sword ==--- and ---== C.B.U.R.P ==---

Pnutmaster's Avatar Dominus Qualitatium

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Calidor View Post
    This is NOT a vanilla bug. Prior to installing any mods, as well as in LTC and DarthMod (without Darth Map, though), I had full family tree visible, including stolen generals, adopted, married in the family etc. I've also seen princesses which married foreign heirs or stole generals, their children showing, all of the brats.
    I'm not so sure...

It has been reported that certain factions, reputably the Hungarians, do not suffer from the disappearing-family member trees, while the majority of the other factions do.
    Under the patronage and bound to the service of the
    artist formerly known as Squeakus Maximus
    Stoic Pantheist of S.I.N

Quote Originally Posted by Pnutmaster View Post
    I'm not so sure...

It has been reported that certain factions, reputably the Hungarians, do not suffer from the disappearing-family member trees, while the majority of the other factions do.
    Could be...
    I've seen Byz & English, and they both have full family trees visible.

Author of the ---== Knights Templar Mod ==---
    Creator of the ---== Lord Calidor's Weapon Pack 1 ==---
    Member of the ---== Dominion of the Sword ==--- and ---== C.B.U.R.P ==---

Just lured a especially powerful Danish general with my Scottish princess. 5 stars, smart, cheap, etc etc.......and he did not appear in my family tree! argh!

Playing as the English, I lured a decent French General into the family. Of course, he became the faction leader, now my entire family tree has dissappeared. I only see the original king and his wife, nobody else. I was 5 or 6 generations deep.

Nobody was having any kids either for a long time. I finally got news of kids, but can't see them either.