Page 10 of 53 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast

Thread: BROKEN CRESCENT: Signatures and Advertising

Sinan's Avatar Senator

Default Re: BROKEN CRESCENT: Signatures and Advertising

Masri, this was already done... is this ok ?

Do you want me to customise, touch up (maybe the text bolder, or whatever) ? If so gimme a shout.
    Add me on Steam if you are playing SHOGUN 2 multiplayer!

No its cool m8, its just that my sig panel is not big enough for all my stuff. got to weed something out

Sinan's Avatar Senator

Ahh I get it, the text is there but it's under the viewable area. You know you could ask Leonidas the Lion to merge those into a single flashing user bar ?

You can catch him here. He's good and he's always looking to improve i.e always looking for requests.
    Last edited by Sinan; May 12, 2007 at 08:47 PM.

Sinan's Avatar Senator

Masri Thanks for the link. I've posted a request to merge those bars into a single animated usebar.

Meanwhile, if you are interested, you could use another image which has text on top, like my sig, or this one:

Cheers m8 !

Sinan's Avatar Senator

Masri, your userbar is done, courtesy of Lion of Leonidas:

To me it looks awesome, but SHOUT if any changes are needed. Do you think the animation is too slow ?

Last edited by Sinan; May 13, 2007 at 06:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinan View Post

Masri, this was already done... is this ok ?

Do you want me to customise, touch up (maybe the text bolder, or whatever) ? If so gimme a shout.
    How would you customise it without the psd?
    In the future, you could say who made the sigs, not only that "they were made" by some unimportant guy...

BTW, it's Leonidas the Lion...

Sinan's Avatar Senator

Icon3 Re: BROKEN CRESCENT: Signatures and Advertising

LOL ! Lion of Leonidas LMFAO !!!!

That's true. I did try to customise it, but I think it's a protected image. Whatever the case I could'nt modify it. I thought I could modify it just like any other image. I think it's protected so it cannot be modified. I'm new to PS, about a week since I started I guess so don't quote me on that.

Of course it was made by Paladin. You're quite right that I should have mentioned that, absolutely.

Personally I did'nt think it was important who made it, as I always think in terms of a team. I did'nt even think for a second about who made it. If you notice I didn't even mention myself, that I made the 2nd sig either. Which I offered as an inbetween so Masri can continue to advertise the mod while we get him sorted. I took no credit for anything.

I certainly was not taking any credit for anyone else's work nor was I implying that anyone is unimportant.
    My apologies for any offence caused.

Paladin, please add your name above all the sigs in the first post, that way everyone will know which ones you made, quickly.
    Please add everyone else's name above the sigs that they made as well, in the first post of this thread.
    Thanks in advance, bro.

Last edited by Sinan; May 13, 2007 at 10:23 AM.

I wasn't too offended by the fact you didn't mention me, if I sounded like that. And I knew you didn't want to take credit or anything. Just sayin'.
    But it's a good idea to put copyright on those sigs. I'll do that.
    Last edited by iudas; May 13, 2007 at 11:56 AM.

Taneda Santôka's Avatar Artifex

It is soon the eleventh page of this signature thread...
    I'm eagerly waiting for this mod, a lot of work as been done, but from what I see, mostly by Mirage, AlphaDelta, Ahiga, IndianBoy and the researchers, so couldn't the ones posting so much here use their graphical skills to do something a little more usefull, like new original splachscreens, an interesting new interface, the advisors, the menu graphics and interface, icons, new campaign map textures, new skies etc... Maybe all of this is already order work or done, if so I apologies, it's just that seeing 11pages of signatures is a bit sickening when you know all the work a mod requires...
    Cheers!

Well, I offered this not only once. AlphaDelta ignored me until now, when he said that my offer was "pestering" him, and that I was "nit-picking" when I said I can help them with the symbols... Oh well...
    And why do you say "the ones here"? It's just me... and Sinan...
    Last edited by iudas; May 14, 2007 at 03:38 AM.

so couldn't the ones posting so much here use their graphical skills to do something a little more useful
    My favourite RTW mods were all made by one man bands. Right now the bigger M2TW mod teams out there seem to be producing very little, while we have a great little team of dedicated people and everyone is on board with the same design goals. I really hope it stays this way as it's a very productive and talented team to work with. The last thing we need is to out source work that never gets completed, as so often happens. I'm personally happy to see SirPaladin and Sinan making sigs and very happy to see more and more people use the sigs.

I hope everyone can understand.
    Last edited by AlphaDelta; May 14, 2007 at 03:57 AM.
    "I don't want to sit around Windsor because ermm .. I just generally don't like England that much" - Prince Harry, 3rd in Line for the British Thrown

For King or Country - The English civil wars.

Two new sigs, done in CS3.

Nice sigs. I already did something using the same screen as you used in the second one.

@AlphaDelta: From what I could interpret, my offer for help made me a nuisance for you, and you sounded pretty ungrateful. But I hope I won't offend you in the future with my offers, if you find them hostile and annoying.
    Last edited by iudas; May 14, 2007 at 10:48 AM.

Sinan's Avatar Senator

Icon3 Re: BROKEN CRESCENT: Signatures and Advertising

Hi Paladin !

Those sigs took time to make, you should add them to the first post.
    I like your Daylami one better but I still think we should reward that effort.

Thanks for the initiative Chuffy. I like em.
    If you have any more post away, or if you are interested you can make me one !!!

I'll add the first one until Chuffy makes the 2nd more unique.
    I'm evil...

**Retired**

I agree with AD and I am glad the BC team is sticking with this restriction. All of you who release your sigs here help already.

Besides, I do not understands how releasing a couple of loading screens and button textures would make the mod progress to accelerate.
    Is it that easy to undermine the rate at which material has been released so far, and continues to be released on daily basis…

I hope the sig developers will not be discouraged by number of pages comments, and continue to release. Thank you for the support.

Strelac

SirPaladin,

It wasnt your offer to help that annoyed me (hell I didnt even seen that, and still haven't.) What annoyed me was the way you put down every sig in this thread as having bad text, and also saying our faction symbols weren't very good :p.. As I'm sure you know there's over 80 files that need to be modified to include new faction symbols. It was gruelling adding in the faction symbols and I dont want to do it again.

Cheers
    "I don't want to sit around Windsor because ermm .. I just generally don't like England that much" - Prince Harry, 3rd in Line for the British Thrown

For King or Country - The English civil wars.

IrAr's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by SirPaladin View Post
    Nice sigs. I already did something using the same screen as you used in the second one.

@AlphaDelta: From what I could interpret, my offer for help made me a nuisance for you, and you sounded pretty ungrateful. But I hope I won't offend you in the future with my offers, if you find them hostile and annoying.
    A rather snarky and uncalled for remark, yes?

They're working really hard on this mod and we haven't even played it, so we have no idea what the mod plays like, correct? If so, then we probably shouldn't be criticising or critiquing their work just yet.

Member of Anno Domini: Italia Invicta
    This makes me a happy half armenian panda--John I Tzimisces

Indefinitely Banned

Let's leave this issue alone and I especially don't enjoy to see people telling any of our fans "to do something a little more useful" especially when you're not on the team.

I think SirPaladin, along with Sinan, have done fantastic work with spreading these sigs around. And they will be rewarded and I consider them an integral part of the Broken Crescent mod. They are spreading the word and, after all, getting people to know about Broken Crescent helps motivates us to get it done. Also SirPaladin has taken the time to add Broken Crescent to the TWC's wiki page: http://www.twcenter.net/wiki/Broken_Crescent . Which I appreciate a lot, since he's taking his free time to detail our mod their.

So SirPaladin, keep up the fantastic work and sure your critique of our sigs or screens bugs us now and then - but its all in good fun!
    Last edited by Miraj; May 14, 2007 at 09:17 PM.