Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: V Day

Aemilianus's Avatar Imperial Legate

Default Re: V Day

The Allies didn't take Berlin.

We don't elect moderators.

Most of the time when the Curia cried "Revolution" it came to nothing, and when it did there was a check or a balance for that. It was called the Urbanis Legio system. We elected Quaestors based on that. It worked cause you had to have a body of work first, and it did for a long time.

One guy got fired, congratulations. The guy that got fired was a minor mod for most of my time here, he was mostly a punchline with members, and he wasn't all that bad. He abused admin powers and he's gone, whatever. The principle remains, which is that the community runs absolutely nothing, the ranks have been legislated, re-legislated, screwed with by staff, and the site is in basic limbo (I think).

Somebody please tell me how we're driving across France and liberating towns and cities? Somebody please tell me how one of the capitals of the Free West has been recovered? "Hitler" thinks this is funny as hell. Really. If you want to use a World War II analogy, try, oh....Hitler deciding not to bomb the living crap out of Britain anymore. I'll be talking about Overlord when they start re-instituting systems that actually worked, with people that can actually work them.
    Under the honorable patronage of Kscott
    University of Maryland Class of 2007
    "Who would have known of Hector, if Troy had been happy? The road to valor is built by adversity." -Ovid

Shigawire's Avatar VOXIFEX MAXIMVS

What happened was dramatic in Org standards, but it was not dramatic in TWC-standards. I was a moderator here once upon a time, not really something I wished for, but I got appointed. Eventually my laziness in moderating led to my being demoted from Quaestor to Senatorii Vechii. I knew I wasn't made to be a moderator. In this time, I've seen at least 4 or 5 of these ridiculous protofascist coups come to pass on this website, only to be retaken by "the people" (usually just elite demagogues, "populists"). This has been amusing from the point of view that history rhymes/repeats. But there is a very real danger that this traditional interplay between various drama-queens is making many contributors lose interest in this place.. I know a few friends who are concerned about even being represented on TWC in the first place.
    I have not been very active in this forum except in mod development and EB threads. I have basically lost all taste for the rest. I used to discuss a lot elsewhere.. but rarely now. There are of course many other reasons which play a greater role, but the state of affairs in TWC certainly plays a role in it.

You should all be aware that the outward image of TWC right now is that of a forum bountiful with acne-faced revolutionaries (poorly-concealed-reference-to-maturity-levels). That is not to say that a great majority of you aren't people of cartesian common sense, but something always goes wrong around these parts. Either a password gets stolen, or the webmasters do something strange.. etc. Whatever the cause, there is never one singular cause, but many causes. I sometimes wonder if your political system might've been best demolished alltogether, the Syntagma destroyed, all forms of hierarchical powerstructures eradicated. Back to basics.

I sometimes wonder if the people who want to play a game of "forum conquest" could set up their own forum for such purposes.
    A lot of people hang around TWC precisely because it's a virtual political experiment, leaving the rest of us who either want to talk about the Total War games, or work on mod-development, into victims often experiencing unnecessary interruptions in the workflow.
    ------------------------------VOXIFEX MAXIMVS-------------------------------
    ------PROUD PARENT OF THE EUROPA BARBARORUM VOICEMOD-------

"To know a thing well, know its limits. Only when pushed beyond its tolerances will its true nature be seen." -The Amtal Rule, DUNE

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

I am hoping that on the new site politics will be removed from the Curia as much as possible so the site runs as smoothly as possible, and that the Curia can then beocme a place to discuss improvements of the site(and implement them as we will have control), not a place to talk aimlessly about ranks and elections.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

Shigawire's Avatar VOXIFEX MAXIMVS

Hear hear! Glad to hear some words of common sense. I almost forgot to mention the ridiculous titles we appoint ourselves.
    ------------------------------VOXIFEX MAXIMVS-------------------------------
    ------PROUD PARENT OF THE EUROPA BARBARORUM VOICEMOD-------

"To know a thing well, know its limits. Only when pushed beyond its tolerances will its true nature be seen." -The Amtal Rule, DUNE

LV, your V for Vendetta sig and avatar are most appropriate for the occasion.

And worry not, Sim. The way the new structure is directing itself, it seems to me that it will be bullet-proof against crisis and attempts of experimentation.
    Hypocrisy is the foundation of sin.

Proud patron of: The Magnanimous Household of Siblesz
    Timendi causa est nescire.
    Member of S.I.N.

21 January 2007!
    Well, if I, Belisarius, the Black Prince, and you all agree on something, I really don't think there can be any further discussion.
    - Simetrical 2009 in reply to Ferrets54

I declare this VON DAY!

CV day

Community victory day.
    Well, if I, Belisarius, the Black Prince, and you all agree on something, I really don't think there can be any further discussion.
    - Simetrical 2009 in reply to Ferrets54

And here I was thinking the C stood for Crandar....looking at JP's user title.

Rolanbek's Avatar Malevolent Revenent
    Citizen

cool, nuremburg next.....

R
    November 06, 2006 02:10 PM If I knew you were going to populate the Curia with cheapshots, you never would have gotten promoted. - Anon

Love mail from when Rep came with daggers to stab you...
    Join the Curia, loudmouths spewing bile for your entertainment.
    Contents:Sirloin of deceased Equine, your choice of hot or cold revenge, All served on a bed of barrel shavings. may contain nuts

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12