Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: With hugs and love I depart....

Obi Wan Asterix's Avatar IN MEDIO STAT VIRTUS
    Somewhere in a lost valley in the Italian Alps

Default With hugs and love I depart....

Well its been a long long long time (says the Obi Wan avatar).....

I depart from hex dear friends as I am 1) driven in the heart with a stake by Prof's complaining and 2) resultingly unencouraged to continue posting new forums etc....

I tried for a week or so and no luck. I do not leave TWC my home... but I am demoting myself soon enough.

This is for good I hope my contributions will be well taken... and remembered not to be entirely mine but to be a testament to my involvement and good, long relationship with the community.

A smooch and hug and lots of lubby to each and every one of you then. After my demotion please send this to the good-ship Cuuuria.

I thought about changing my name to Obi-Wan but no don't have to.....

Please accept me ohh Curia, as a Senator and Patrician (a rank to which I have been dully elected)

No-long-speech-Asterix
    All are welcome to relax at Asterix's Campagnian Villa with its Vineyard and Scotchbarrel
    Prefer to stay at home? Try Asterix's Megamamoth FM2010 Update
    Progeny of the retired Great Acutulus (If you know who he is you have been at TWC too long) and wooer of fine wombs to spawn 21 curial whining snotslingers and be an absentee daddy to them

Longest Serving Staff Member of TWC under 3 Imperators** 1st Speaker of the House ** Original RTR Team Member (until 3.2) ** Knight of Saint John ** RNJ, Successors, & Punic Total War Team Member

TROM 3 Team - Founder of Ken no Jikan **** Back with a modding vengeance! Yes I will again promise to take on the work of 5 mods and dissapear!

Default Re: With hugs and love I depart....

Thanks for everything Asterix. You will be missed as staff my friend,there is no doubt about it. And dont you go thinking about any fading away.Im sure while we lost an awesome staff member,we gained an active Senatorii in proces.

my complaining?

what did I ever complain about?:hmmm:
    Prof's Mods (Attila Mods)
    Creator of Polemarchia: Total War
    Under the patronace of Epistolary Richard
    <- Now with Attila screens

I think he means Professor420...

ah, ok...I almost thought my brain stopped thinking for a while and let my body write something in the forums without me remembering it ^^
    Prof's Mods (Attila Mods)
    Creator of Polemarchia: Total War
    Under the patronace of Epistolary Richard
    <- Now with Attila screens

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

"I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened."

Bye bye Hex Asty

But....

Hello Senator Asty.

ROTFL... yes I meant Professor420... I am a bit prone to such mistakes, but only in names not in intention
    All are welcome to relax at Asterix's Campagnian Villa with its Vineyard and Scotchbarrel
    Progeny of the retired Great Acutulus (If you know who he is you have been at TWC too long) and wooer of fine wombs to spawn 21 curial whining snotslingers and be an absentee daddy to them

Longest Serving Staff Member of TWC under 3 Imperators** 1st Speaker of the House ** Original RTR Team Member (until 3.2) ** Knight of Saint John ** RNJ, Successors, & Punic Total War Team Member

TROM 3 Team - Founder of Ken no Jikan **** Back with a modding vengeance! Yes I will again promise to take on the work of 5 mods and dissapear!

Tacticalwithdrawal's Avatar Ghost

Welcome to the light side my friend, free from the cares and responsibilities of Hex you will be able to enjoy the hallowed halls of TWC once more.

(just try not to manage to pick up a warning within weeks as I did )
    : - It's my smilie and I'll use it if I want to......

Ave Caesar, Morituri Nolumus Mori (in Glaswegian: gae **** yrsel big man)

imb39's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Patrician Citizen Administrator Emeritus

It's not quite the same...

I think 2 years plus of unstinting service is one heck of a record. I doubt it will ever be equalled.

Romanos's Avatar Hey

Asterix without a moderating badge? This probably going to be even more awkward then me having a moderating badge.
    Under the Great and Honorable Patronage of Fabolous
    Patron (father) of Sir Matthias and ForgottenImmortal
    Grandson of Lucius Veronus
    Member of S.I.N
    Sept 2003 - 2004 - 2nd Generation Jun 23 2004 (25-Feb)

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

It is a sad day for TWC, im sad to see you go Asterix.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

I appreciate your kind words, Prof is counterbalancing the flowers with his long term project ideas on MSN.... which, although I respect him, I think will not work in a realistic sense....

Sorry for not warning you IMB... but you know I didnt go at same time as Tac for workload reasons.

vikrant's Avatar The Messiah of innocence

astrix -its sad to see u resigning from staff , we are running out of experienced hex memebers .somebody stop this chain reaction
    Under the Patronage of CHANDRASHEKHAR AZAD {prarara}
    patron of selenius4tsd ; tornnight
    use report button to help us keep twc clean

imb39's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Patrician Citizen Administrator Emeritus

Asty,

For me, the key thing is that you have prom,sied not to leave the site. There are many ways of helping out. You are, as you point out, balancing it all with RL. I happen to think your priorities are wrong!

Perhaps you can be the orator supreme, in the Curia... Like Tac (and Bel) free from Staff issues.

I salute you!

Come to Malta some time and have a beer, some hobz biz zejt?
    Well, if I, Belisarius, the Black Prince, and you all agree on something, I really don't think there can be any further discussion.
    - Simetrical 2009 in reply to Ferrets54

You've been a role model to many, Asterix. We need some more people like you.

Sounds cliche by now but oh well ...

Thanks for everything you've done, and I hope to see you elsewhere around the forums!

I don't regret anything the Curia has done and hope to site and the Curia to grow again to their former glory.....

Quote Originally Posted by Obi Wan Asterix View Post
    I don't regret anything the Curia has done and hope to site and the Curia to grow again to their former glory.....
    oh, don't worry, they will

lots of oldsters like you, me, tBP, Bel, Morble etc allied to the newcomers (with all their enthusiasm, drive, lack of baggage and intelligence) - can't fail mate

Quote Originally Posted by Tacticalwithdrawal View Post
    oh, don't worry, they will

lots of oldsters like you, me, tBP, Bel, Morble etc allied to the newcomers (with all their enthusiasm, drive, lack of baggage and intelligence) - can't fail mate
    Lol Oldsters... I was six months on staff before you old man

Quote Originally Posted by Obi Wan Asterix View Post
    Lol Oldsters... I was six months on staff before you old man
    I was being polite

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast