Thread: Category organisation

Default Category organisation

This got mentioned in the 'getting the show on the road' thread but I thought it could be worth splitting off.

I know Wiki is DIY so people can set up categories as they wish, but think we should have some overall idea how its best organised so it can be directed slightly. Thing I raised before was how much can work just by category and how much needs editorialising in category article. Multiple categories whilst they get you where you want to go in the end are v. boring to click through and IMO give impression of not a lot of content being present.

I've had start of go at defining a released mod section (example for BI only so far): http://tw.generalscollective.com/wik...%28Released%29
    I've only put mods I know about off-hand in at present, and only shifted EoD into category as example.

Please feel free to use as example of how it shouldn't be done! ....and offer constructive criticism.

Default Re: Category organisation

Well you can assign multiple categories, such as BI Mods, BI mods released, Modding, pickles, etc. That way, even if no more BI mods get released, the article won't be stuck in neverland.

What I think we need to work out and keep up on are making sure the keywords conform to an organically evolving list... this would be left at the discretion of the Wiki Editor. Not that this isn't done already, just reiterating it.
    Count no man happy until he is dead.