Indefinitely Banned

Default [NO LONGER IN BC] FACTION: The Timurids

all discussion and progress of this faction goes here

DESCRIPTION

UNITS

SYMBOL AND BANNERS

NAMES

Default Re: FACTION: The Timurids

I guess we should leave the Timurids roster vanilla, but cut out those panzer phants. Thoughts?
    "I don't want to sit around Windsor because ermm .. I just generally don't like England that much" - Prince Harry, 3rd in Line for the British Thrown

For King or Country - The English civil wars.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaDelta View Post
    I guess we should leave the Timurids roster vanilla, but cut out those panzer phants. Thoughts?
    Exactly my thoughts. I don't want any cannon elephants. Frankly the traditional, javelin/arrows + stomp them is much cooler. And yeah, the Timurids are gonna be the same. Just for some endgame excitement.

Rex Armeniae's Avatar King of Kings

Sounds perfectly good to me!
    Հայաստան: Իմ սիրելի Հայաստան:
    The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle.
    - Under the patronage of another Rex Armeniae Drtad | Տրտադ

finneys13's Avatar *Insert Generic Title*
    Kosice, Budapest, Dublin, other random places

Not saying I'm any expert, but I have just finished a book on Temarlane, I can quote parts of that if you need anything.

This comes from a state-run Russian travel site regarding modern Uzbekistan:

Shakhrisabz

Shakhrisabz - it is small, but ancient city, covered with legends, in piedmonts of Ghissar range.

Timur Taragai was born in the village of Hoja Ilgar, near the city, and his childhood year were spent there. Later, Timur promoted Shakhrisabz as he tried to increase its importance as a cultural and political center. The city is rightly considered its own particular culture and an architectural school adopted by other Middle Age cities of the Tumirids epoch. Even after establishing his capital in Samarkand. Timur did not forget his native city: returning back after his campaigns, he always rested first in Kesh, and only then entered the capital. Timur arranged grandiose celebrations of his victories and marked them with the construction of magnificent buildings in his cities. Samarkand and Shakhrisabz were the most frequently selected for the purpose. One military expedition to Khorezm brought many captives from Khorezm, Iran, Afghanistan, India and other places. Many of the captives were talented builders. Timur ordered them to build in his motherland something unprecedented and glorifying the ruler of the empire, saying: "You doubt our magnificence? Look at our buildings". The Ak-Sarai Palace (meaning "beautiful", "clean". "white", "light" in Turkic) was the result. The passage of time and the changing of dynasties, wars and the flow of nature took their toll on the original striking beauty of the Palace. Only two pylons of the entrance arch and a small fragment of the eastern wall of this architectural masterpiece survive. However, even these impress with the volume and height of the building. The passage of time and the changing of dynasties, wars and the flow of nature took their toll on the original striking beauty of the Palace. The city of Shakhrisabz (Kesh) is among the few UzK towns with several Middle A^ mausoleums in one place. One the mausoleums is Doms-Siod - "The House of the Prophet Descendants".

The mausoleum over the grave of the first Timur governor Sheikh Shamsutdin Kulyal (or of the descendants of Mohammad), is the earliest building. This was the same sheikh willl foretold the great future of Tim as ruler of "Allah's World According to one chronicle some time later Timur ordered the remains of his father Tagar to be placed in the mausoleum. By this time, an arch tectural ensemble - the sck mausoleum - had already begi forming in that place. The most magnifice mausoleum is that of Jakhang Timur's son who was killed the age of 22. Jakhangir doubtle was a talented war leader are statesman, and Timur loved him more than any of his other sons. The 78-m high m, soleum's dome is covers with gold paintings and elaborate Arab scriptures mentioning saints and phrases from the Koran. Another of Timur's sons, Omar sheikh, who was killed while assaulting a fortress, was buried in the same mausoleum. To make the place sacred and for the further glorification of Kesh, Timur ordered the construction of numerous mos�ques there. A rather unexpected element of the ensemble is the tomb built for Timur but forgotten and buried under the earth. The tomb was discovered w-hen a boy playing in one of the palaces suddenly fell through the floor. When the hole was dug into, the angled roof of the mausoleum was discovered. The builders used eastward oriented stalactites, ornaments and wall paintings to decorate the mausoleum. Also. there is the Kok-Gumbai Mosque in Kesh which was designed and ordered by Ulugbek, and the town trade center Chorsu, still used today. A door in each direction, and colorful ornaments and traceries similar to those in Shakhrisabz are found in the buildings, bazaars, hotels, houses and chaikhanas. The amazing city of Shakhrisabz combines the modem and ancient, industry and crafts preserved in the monuments, dwellings, and, of course, in the documents of the multi-century history of architecture. The surviving fragments of old monuments ring like hymns in the ears of man, praises to those masters whose genius constructed the magnificent portals, arches, and domes reaching toward the summit of beauty and the eternal memory of humankind
    Former Historian & Dev Member for Broken Crescent Mod
    Dual-Major BA in Medieval History / Political Science, Adelphi University Aug. 1989
    Member of the World History Association
    Member of the Medieval Academy of America
    Member of the Richard III Society
    Member of the Society for the Study of the Crusades and Latin East
    If you like my post, please +Rep...if you dislike my post, please +REP me twice

In Medieval 2 the Turkomans represent the Tatars in Timurs hordes, since this is a Middle-East mod you might want to add some Tatar units.
    The law is reason free from passion - Aristotle.

The end does NOT justify the means.

this is emerging faction as i understand

because there was no Timurids in 1175

as well as temur himself
    Through your intercession I hope to see the light of Thy son and the light of everlasting ages !

At this point in the game, I think most objectives would've been met. It might be a cool idea, since most people would continue to play in order to face the Timiruds, to give the Timiruds the strongest army in the game.

Also, their units should be reskined so they look a little less like a Mongol clone.

1942ertan's Avatar Foederatus

My Timurid's banners suggestion

source pictures;

if the pics are not viewable then refresh your browser

from same pablisher as i guessed

they are very good

we can widely use them
    Through your intercession I hope to see the light of Thy son and the light of everlasting ages !

Quote Originally Posted by 1942ertan View Post

NICE FLAG

Uzbek
    Temur
    Behzod
    Gurkan
    Babur
    Abdullah
    Shoh-Ruh
    Ulug Beg
    Abu Said
    Pir Muhammad
    Khalil

just some names which i know.

Indefinitely Banned

To be perfectly honest we probably will leave the Timurids as is from vanilla for now. We really don't have the time nor people to reskin the mongols and timurids.

And Qarama, could you resize these images in imageshack or put them in spoilers or something.. thanks.

today i watched a documentary about Uzbekistan and offcourse about the

Temurits. During Amir Temur's reign, he let many important buildings build.

And from Tashkent, Bukhara and Samarkand many many many Alims, Imams and muslim scholars/scientist came from there.

People from all muslim states came to central asia to study there.

And that is the reason why i'm not that satisfied with the imagination that mongols and timurits will be the same kind of faction.

Ok i mean they can really be an emerging faction but they should also have at least one city (Tashkent, Samarkand or Bukhara randomly one of them at the beginning when they appear).

the Alims, scholars/scientists etc from Uzbekistan are really importand for the Muslim World.

Tashkent is also the cultural capital 2007 of Islamic world by ISESCO...

Indefinitely Banned

I actually plan this too. I could have them emerge in place of where the Khwarezm Shah is right now. I would also like to have the Ilkhanid mongols emerge before them. We will see what we can do to make the Timurids more accurate. But the current core factions, aor levies and merc have to be done first.

Quote Originally Posted by Qarama View Post
    today i watched a documentary about Uzbekistan and offcourse about the

Temurits. During Amir Temur's reign, he let many important buildings build.

And from Tashkent, Bukhara and Samarkand many many many Alims, Imams and muslim scholars/scientist came from there.

People from all muslim states came to central asia to study there.

And that is the reason why i'm not that satisfied with the imagination that mongols and timurits will be the same kind of faction.

Ok i mean they can really be an emerging faction but they should also have at least one city (Tashkent, Samarkand or Bukhara randomly one of them at the beginning when they appear).

the Alims, scholars/scientists etc from Uzbekistan are really importand for the Muslim World.

Tashkent is also the cultural capital 2007 of Islamic world by ISESCO...

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast