Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: FACTION: The Mongol Empire

The Mongol's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: FACTION: The Mongol Empire

Quit trying to stretch the teams dang goals, they're already adding new factions as they go along anyways. Zengids weren't even a planned original faction and now they're in. (Well, post 1.0 anywho)

I love the Mongols as much as the next guy, probably even more so but look at the factions the BC team has already provided us, I'm not going to complain.

Plus, Kypchaks are playable, they're good old Steppe Nomads.

Ermeni's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by DadioDog View Post
    "The Khara Kitai are without honour!" - the only thing i remember from age of empire 2 and what springs to mind when I hear Mongol
    haha the old days.....lol

Boztorgai_Khan's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Mike13531 View Post
    well then , just make mongolia smaller.. Like on the top right corner of the map, with one settlement, i duno, but it would really be nice??

Yes, That is NICE..

And I Can Here Help BEFORE - GENGHIS KHAN -

Kabul Khan, Father of Bartan-Batur Khan, and GrandFather of Yesugei Baghatur, Great-GrandFather of GENGHIS KHAN.. And COUSIN of Ambaghai Khan.

Bartan-Batur Khan, Father of Yesugei Baghatur, GrandFather of GENGHIS KHAN and son of Kabul Khan.. His Big Brother, Okin-Barkak and his Little Brothers, Khutukhtu-Munguur, Kutula Khan..

Yesugei Baghatur ( Bahadir ) Khan, Father of GENGHIS KHAN, Son Of Bartan-Batur and Grandson of Kabul Khan.. Little Brother of Mongedu-Kiyan and Nekun-Taishi, and Big Brother of Daritai-Otchigin.. Otchigin = Youngest of Family

1153-1180 was Yesugei Baghatur ( Bahadir ) KHAN, Father of GENGHIS KHAN

1180 was GENGHIS KHAN, Khan of the Borjigin Clan

1206 was GENGHIS KHAN, Khan of the Mongol Empire

MOD's: >>> K-MTW2 & EW MOD & BC MOD <<< BoZToRGai KHaN

Official Web Site: http://www.djeak.com/boztorgaikhan/ (Coming Soon..!!!)

Website: http://www.cumankipchaksgroup.com/ (Coming Soon..!!!)

Is the Mongol Roster going to receive a make over or will it remain the the same as vanilla? It would be so awesome to fight against units from all over the Mongol empire so that we could be facing Jurcehed horse archers or Jin Halberdiers.

They'll likely be getting a makeover but not for 1.0. Future releases will likely update the Rum turks, Byzantium, the Timurids and Mongols.

will there be new units created for them? i guess CA really took that faction too lightly, i guess you ll probably all agree with me, there really isn't that much variety of units to choose from for the mongols, so? what do you think , i'm just asking a question (nobdoy flame please). Will new units be created?

+rep for me if you agree with me , i might give it right back to you

Indefinitely Banned

You're right, Mongols were treated very lightly although the basic meshes they have are actually pretty good. They might get units cloned from current ones for BC 1.0. But nothing revolutionary. Personally I'd be interested in seeing a redo of the Mongols, Byzantines, Ottomans and Timurids for BC 1.1 or BC 1.2. But for 1.0 we're keeping it to simple recolors at most.

The Mongols aren't that bad in vanilla, a lot of the armour is historically correct.

The oriental wax faces however... not so much.

Boztorgai_Khan's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by mirage41 View Post
    You're right, Mongols were treated very lightly although the basic meshes they have are actually pretty good. They might get units cloned from current ones for BC 1.0. But nothing revolutionary. Personally I'd be interested in seeing a redo of the Mongols, Byzantines, Ottomans and Timurids for BC 1.1 or BC 1.2. But for 1.0 we're keeping it to simple recolors at most.

COOL

MOD's: >>> K-MTW2 & EW MOD & BC MOD <<< BoZToRGai KHaN

Official Web Site: http://www.djeak.com/boztorgaikhan/ (Coming Soon..!!!)

Website: http://www.cumankipchaksgroup.com/ (Coming Soon..!!!)

The Mongols aren't that bad in vanilla, a lot of the armour is historically correct.
    I agree. The unit selection is pretty good in my opinion; a nice split between HA's and lancers, with lights, mediums and heavies. Lack of offensive infantry is the big issue, but I think most of their offensive infantry would of been levies from further east.

Atistically, the main problem is that whoever painted the textures made an awful decision to ruin some beautiful work by adding a ton of noise. And the jaundice faces of course, awful.

Cheers
    "I don't want to sit around Windsor because ermm .. I just generally don't like England that much" - Prince Harry, 3rd in Line for the British Thrown

For King or Country - The English civil wars.

it is historically correct, i agree, and personally reskining is probably shouldn't be top prioty. They need more units, more variety, and that'll make it perfect

Yeah even though their roster is good already I would like to see some diversity and more eastern levies

Babur's Avatar ز آفتاب درخشان ستاره می

yes I think there should be a greater variety of troops to reflect the diversity of the Mongol empire.One must remember that there was a relatively small population of Mongols in comparison to their vassals and conquered peoples so it was paramount that they recruited foreigners in their army e.g. in the 1277 Mongol invasion of the kingdom of Pagan in modern day Burma/Myanmar there were Turkish cavalryman involved,especially during the Battle of Ngasaunggyan.
    Also all Hulaghu Khan had a Han chinese general called Guo Khan who was paramount in commanding the assault on Baghdad in 1258 which is shown here:
    Under the patronage of Gertrudius!

Hey Chaghatai though this is off topic do you have any information on the Mongol invasion of Vietnam?

Since it was a crushing mongol defeat apparently.

Thanks,

Though I imagine they can get diverse units (not just HA HA HA), I don't think there is any reason to make a unique mesh (excluding a change of weapons/shields) for a unit which they will invade with and have in limited supply (such as Jin halberdiers). However, that's not saying they can't have the unit, just that unit utilizing an existing mesh (As we have done with other factions) that other units in the Mongolian faction use. There won't be any meshes utilized by only one unit in an invading faction who may lose such a unit within X amount of conquests.

What I imagine is something like:

Mongolian Light mesh
    Mongolian Medium mesh
    Mongolian Heavy Mesh
    Chinese Auxilia Mesh

And maybe something else, since 5 has typically been the average ever since the Kypchaks. Weapons and shields alternate per unit, and maybe helmets do if they are easy.

Although not for 1.0, we can certainly have people begin to post ideas for their units.
    Last edited by Ahiga; June 21, 2007 at 04:52 PM.

Then again, the unit card roster for the mongols looks really nice from vanilla, not so much on battle field however.. jesus, if they just made the things according to the unit card it wouldn't be so ulgy. It was way off, unit card was black and the real one is yellow (ulgy color most of the time)

crazyorc's Avatar Biarchus

Guo Khan is the descendant of Guo Jin, who lived in the early time of south Song...Guo Jin's Kongfu is supreme...

above is a joke.. turn to the serious matter... Mongol army should includ other unites from China , Korea, Iran etc... they acted auxilia with low moral.. certainly, Mongols were the elite core of the army...

My Suggestion For Mongols

With the first wave of Mongols with Genghis Khan and the like you could have a pure Mongol Horse archer/ Heavy Cavalry roster. The Horse Archers should be buffed slightly to make them represent the Mongols at their finest. After all the conquest of Khwarism was one of the greatest conquests of the Mongol empire.

Once the Horde settles in Bukhara, Samarqand and so the second wave should comprise of usual Mongol cavalry as well as Jin auxiliaries, Siberian Huntsmen, Korean spear men.

The Third wave should include all auxiliary units. Stacks could comprise of a core unit of Mongol (Around six or seven units, THis is to simulate the absorbtion of other empires tribes etc as well as show the decline in the quality of Mongol armies) soldiers followed by auxiliaries. Example of such army; Hulegu's army at Ayn Jalut.

Eventually if you have a fall of the Yuan Dynasty in China Event, The Mongols would cease to have any of its "foreign" (meaning not from the middle east) auxiliary units as well as its famed Mongol Horse Archers. The loss of the Mongol soldiers would show the assimilation of the Ilkhanate and the break up of the Mongol Empire. No more Timurids being wiped out by Mongols!

Unit Suggestions.

Chinese Mesh

Khitan Lancers - Khitan Cavalry that has has deserted to the Horde. Armed with Chinese sword as well as Lance. As the Khan restored them to their land they have High Morale.

Song/ Jin Halberdiers- Remnants of the Chinese armies who have now pledged their loyalty to the Khan. Armour Piercing. Morale is high but not fanatical. Should flee if General is Killed.

Jurched Horse Archers - Horse archers which have adopted Chinese tactics- well armoured fights with bow and spear(secondary weapon) or broadsword. Can fight in melee though should be only used to charge after arrows have exhausted. Medium Morale.

Xixia light Cavalry- Tangut cavalry designed to charge into flanks, Harass archers, chase Routers, etc. fast. High Morale since the Tangut were one of the first nations to seek protection from the Khan.

Song Guardsmen- Heavy foot soldiers which would give their life for the Khan.Armed with a Kwan Duo these heavy soldiers can punch through the toughest of armour and are well disciplined. Weapon is AP .High Morale

Korean Spearmen- Followers of the King these soldiers now fight in the Mongol Army. Armed with a spear these troops are well experienced and tough in melee. Bonus fighting Cavalry. Poor armour but good Defense. Medium moral.

Zhong Nu- Repeating Crossbow used in China. Fires five arrows per volley per unit. I dont know if you can implement this however. Small unit size about 20-30. Salvo is inaccurate. This is the Mongol answer to Horse Archers, other than their own of course. Sucks in Melee. Medium Morale.

Song Crossbowmen- Veterans of many wars against the Jin and nomads. Accurate and slightly expensive they can kill infantry and Horse Archers pretty well with their armor piercing rounds. Medium morale.

Russian Mesh
    Russian

Dismounted Druzina- speaks for itself lol.

Russian axemen- A tributary Force sent to the Golden Horde to stave of attacks. High Attack Low Defense Low Armour. These soldiers should be best sent to charge enemy ranks while being supported by other troops, since these soldiers would rather flee than fight. Medium -low morale.

Kazakh Horse Archers- speaks for itself.

Spearmen militia - Russian Peasants armed with little more than a spear. Bonus fighting Cavalry. Is like the Spear men militia of vanilla factions.

Mongol Mesh
    Mongol

Mangudai Heavy Cavalry-The Mongolian answer to the "knights of Europe and the Middle East". These Suicide soldiers were meant to charge the ranks of the enemy heavy cavalry and then retreat in order to lure them back to the ambush. This tactic was called the Mangudai which annhilated the Cavalry and made the infantry very vulnerable and defenseless. Extremely High Morale and high attack, powerful charge. Armed with Lance and Mace. Bonus Fighting Cavalry. Weapon is Armour Piercing. However this unit should not engage in melee with spear infantry. Expensive.

Well thats all the units that i could come up with now lol.