Thread: the Mauler

Default the Mauler

i noticed one thing ( sorry if someone posted them already), if you eliminate a faction and got their capital, there's always some chance that a full stack of rebel with a 6 star general called, "blablah the Mauler" appear at these capitals ( and i got them alot) and siege the city, it's quite troublesome because your troops often are at border, when you come back, it's too late.
    the only thing i know so far to solve this is letting these capitals governed by a family member with highest loyaty ( but they still pop out , of course, much less often), anyone know why they appear and how to avoid them ?
    _____________________________________________________________________________

Default Re: the Mauler

Just a feature, it kinda simulates the natives rebeling against thier conquerer

Just remember to keep capitals garrisoned.

Shadrach's Avatar Miles

I see The Mauler a lot -- but only at my own capitol (I have not yet conquered another factions capital). Strange that it also happens at a conquered capital, but I guess it's like Kataki says, not really unrealistic...

Makes it *really* challenging to hold on to a conquered capital, especially if they have a different religion, so just remember to send lotsa priests/imams there before your invasion, to boost happiness as you come to 'liberate' them

-S

hellbard's Avatar Civis

i like "the mauler" u can practice your generals with him.. or he can screw u up real bad.. fun either way.. maybe some more names for him.. not just the mauler..

please read the FAQ thread

repman

BareBonesWars 8.1 for RTW 1.5
    Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Deus lo Vult DLV 6.2 for MTW II Kingdoms
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics

i read it, and i followed the FAQ, what the hell,
    _my king's authority is 10, of course, no offend the noblity trait
    _my economy is good with 350k in bank, 150 k per turn
    _no heretic in every conquered capitals, 100 % Chris
    _i have only one war with the egyt, who is very very far away
    _my relation with the pope is perfect, i'm the pope
    _tax rate always at normal from the 1st turn
    then why they still pop out ? if not Edinburgh then Paris, then Frankfut, then Buda,... why ?, it doesn't hurt, it's stupid

@vagabond
    i recommend to restart with DLV 2.1

repman

BareBonesWars 8.1 for RTW 1.5
    Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Deus lo Vult DLV 6.2 for MTW II Kingdoms
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics

you're damn fast repman ^^
    i just dl the 2.1 and wanna come back to edit the previous post, too late ^^
    by the way, why you reduce the money from AI in DLV2.1, it worked great in DLV 2.0
    thanks for the hard work, from all other mod ,your mod is the best ( no kiss-ass)
    damn, smt wrong with the net