Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: BROKEN CRESCENT: The Units

Updated the KoJ and Armenia units.

Indefinitely Banned

Added the Khwarezm Shah.

Tadzreuli's Avatar Chevalier Blanche

sory, have Armenian nakharar cavalry horse armor or not?

Indefinitely Banned

Yes, it looks like they do.

teh.frickin.pope's Avatar Senator

Hey, on the first page there is neither these northese in the ghazni section. Have they been dropped? And if so, would they fit in any other faction, as they seem like to good to not use IMO.

Broken Crescent, Its Frickin Awesome! Sig by Atterdag +rep
    Stop Uwe Boll!

Yes, it looks like they do.
    if Nakharars (great feodals) had horse armour, then Georgians monaspa lancers should have too, becouse they both were from same aristocrats points in Georgia and armenia.

Many historical sources shows that Georgian had havy cavalry, not catafracts, but some type Europena feodals knights, whose the horse have same armour, at Nakharars in that screens.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by teh.frickin.pope View Post
    Hey, on the first page there is neither these northese in the ghazni section. Have they been dropped? And if so, would they fit in any other faction, as they seem like to good to not use IMO.
    Yeah, I just copy pasted some stuff so I missed those. I'll throw those in soon enough. Thanks

if Nakharars (great feodals) had horse armour, then Georgians monaspa lancers should have too, becouse they both were from same aristocrats points in Georgia and armenia.

Many historical sources shows that Georgian had havy cavalry, not catafracts, but some type Europena feodals knights, whose the horse have same armour, at Nakharars in that screens.
    Yes, we will most likely give the Georgian Elite cav some sort similar scale armour mount. So no worries.

teh.frickin.pope's Avatar Senator

Kewl, I'm glad, those are some frickin great units.

Broken Crescent, Its Frickin Awesome! Sig by Atterdag +rep
    Stop Uwe Boll!

Yes, we will most likely give the Georgian Elite cav some sort similar scale armour mount. So no worries.
    very good

Rex Armeniae's Avatar King of Kings

Yeah thats right... off course georgia should get a armoured cav... your right they had heavy cavalry. But it was not as heavyily armoured as cataphracts or other souther caucasus heavy cavalry. Those cavalries had more light armour compared to cataphracts, But still in general count as heavy armour.

Could be made alike an Aspet cavalry but with a light armour on the horse.(in lookings)
    Last edited by Rex Armeniae; July 14, 2007 at 12:39 PM. Reason: wrong spelling
    † Հայաստան: Իմ սիրելի Հայաստան:
    The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle.
    - Under the patronage of another Rex Armeniae Drtad | Տրտադ

ur missing MAkuria!!!
    "I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday"

Are the Kypchaks the same as in their faction thread still?
    "Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam." -Hannibal Barca
    http://[IMG]http://img52.imageshack.....png[/IMG]

To my knowledge, yes.

The North Turkos, the Slavs, the Nobles, the Kypchak Elite. No new changes, save for the Anatolian levies also being Steppe Levies.

Alright, I'm super stoked to play the Kypchaks, seeing as their pagan I'm really looking forward to the challenge.
    "Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam." -Hannibal Barca
    http://[IMG]http://img52.imageshack.....png[/IMG]

nnnm's Avatar Senator

Icon10 Re: BROKEN CRESCENT: The Units

This is Naffatun sketch. I think it fits moor elite eastren troop than the one in ospry mamluks book

Thanks NNNM. We keep forgetting those dastardly Naffatun.

There's something I just realized... how you say barracks level 1, 2, 3, 4, etc, and archery range 1, 2, 3, 4, etc, does that mean that these units are only recruited from castles? Because I know how cities only have really one or two unit recruiters, barracks that are all purpose, and officer acadamies for a few elites. So what would cities recruit? It would be kind of dumb if the city of jerusalem itself couldn't recruit jerusalem guard...

Historically in this part of the world cities often did a lot of the recruitment, but it would end up being unfair to have this happen and potentially be lopsided, where certain groups can recruit from cities far better than others can.

Right now cities will be able to recruit levies and Ghulams/Mamluks (From Slave trade - Muslims only of course). I don't think we are set on limiting it to merely those, but we will not make cities be able to be the primary recruitment facility, nor do I think it will really be viable for 1.0 to do specialized recruitment for particular cities.

The Guard and Knights of Jerusalem are not necessarily knights or guards of Jerusalem specifically, as I see it, and more are the Guards and Knights of the Kingdom of Jerusalem - belonging to the king himself, rather than the nobles or counts. A comparison is found in the Abbasid caliph's guard. It's not as though every guy with it is a caliph, rather, the guard all belongs to the Caliph and he gives them to his generals.

This might not seem too cool, but the thing to realize is that it makes cities your fragile but valuable gems. They need protection, and can't simply just crank out troops to defend themselves. When I play the Ayyubids, I often have a strong stack in Homs (The castle outside of Damascus) and a limited roster within Damascus, and sally out to attack the besiegers whenever they try and siege Damascus.
    Last edited by Ahiga; July 15, 2007 at 09:12 PM.

Indefinitely Banned

Well important cities like Jerusalem will have an AOR resource that will allow extra recruitment from there - like of Jerusalem Guards or the Caliph's Guard.

My Mistake.