Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast

Thread: BROKEN CRESCENT: The Units & Faction Previews

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: BROKEN CRESCENT: The Units

Quote Originally Posted by Tadzreuli View Post
    If already probably to make new models, I think, that it is necessary to change some the Georgian units:

1. remove cilician armenian "Lion" sombol from Metsikhovne shield

2. get havy horse armor for Monaspa Lancers cavalry (or use Russian "Tsars guard" model from vanilla)

3. for Eristavi cavalry use Russian Druzhina model, NOT Russian Boyar sons model.
    For now we're moving on. Once we're done all the other units remind us then.

Indefinitely Banned

Mesh converter has been released!!

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showp...&postcount=113

EDIT: Its a beta BTW

changes is widely needed to

make game more historicaly accurate
    Through your intercession I hope to see the light of Thy son and the light of everlasting ages !

The Mongol's Avatar Primicerius

Last time I checked this isn't a historically anal EB mod.

All of the skins AlphaDelta did are incredible, they may not be 100% accurate but they have a good basis and redoing 3 rosters for the sake of a little more historical accuracy is, imo, a waste of time.

My 2 cents anyways, it's up to the team.

The Mongol's Avatar Primicerius

Arghhh, double post.

yes

but if we can make the game more historicaly accurate (and this is not something fantastish) we have to do it and Alphadelta really did

good job no one argues about it but where are some serious

uncorrection which is easy to inprove this is why i suggest to

do this .

it is easy job and easy job must be done that is why games are very interesting for the customers because it has a value but non historical accurate game has no value at all.
    Through your intercession I hope to see the light of Thy son and the light of everlasting ages !

double post not a problem but .....

things needs a very little correction

respect

tnx

There's no way I'm re-modelling and re-skinning 4 factions plus 2 levy rosters. No way.

Cheers
    "I don't want to sit around Windsor because ermm .. I just generally don't like England that much" - Prince Harry, 3rd in Line for the British Thrown

For King or Country - The English civil wars.

Indefinitely Banned

Like others have said. This is not a purely historical mod. This doesn't mean we're ahistorical - we care about history a lot. Just think of us as in between RTR and Vanilla in the historical department. We want history as long as it doesn't get too overwhelmingly dorky.

And to second AlphaDelta, the very notion of asking him to redo the skins of 4 factions is absolutely laughable. If someone asked me to redo the campaign map because they think the Iranian plateau should have 43 valleys instead of 10 then I would probably respond the same way. The only difference is that skinning is much harder and more involved than mapping.

If you want to add historical correctness to all the skins then join us as a skinner and do them yourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaDelta View Post
    There's no way I'm re-modelling and re-skinning 4 factions plus 2 levy rosters. No way.

Cheers
    no re-modelling and re-skinning of course but i was talking about re-naming

and nothing more just a little bit

as mirage41 said once it is not a big problem and if it is not problem why not
    to do it ? of course we may do it in the end as mirage41 said
    i was talking about this . it was simply misunderstanding maybe even my fault and i am really sorry for this .
    as once FXR said it is 's Easter. There are several mods out that bright to life parts of history that are little known in school. Your's is one of those that shows how rough and challenging life was during those times in Eastern Europe. The Mod Caucus does this as well.

It also shows how much of a defense the Eastern Tribes, kingdoms and countries provided to the West from Invasions from the East - How Western Civilization owes much to those orthodox fighters.

Thanks. I hope your mod turns out half as good as it appears to headed, which is tremendous.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...50#post1645050

and i am fully agree with him i not saying about re-modelling and re-skinning, i have already said several times that is it awesome and needs no correction but i don't want someone to present this mode as a ahistoricl
    or saying that Last time I checked this isn't a historically anal EB mod
    no one tends to present it a real but a close to reality

respect
    Last edited by JERUSALEM; April 09, 2007 at 05:06 AM.

Ok I think we miss-understood each other.

Re-naming units is very, very easy. We already discussed releasing 2 seperate names files, one for gameplay, one for authenticity.

The main thing we must do now is decide upon the unit rosters for the other remaning factions. Also, it's important to spend time collecting references so that units will look as accurate as possible.

Regarding what Tadzreuli asked for in his post. 1 and 3 were fixed long ago. 2 is a sticky issue as we dont have any reference for what he is asking for.

Cheers
    "I don't want to sit around Windsor because ermm .. I just generally don't like England that much" - Prince Harry, 3rd in Line for the British Thrown

For King or Country - The English civil wars.

ok i understand now

and for more historical accurate info i am going to open an other topic
    THE NAMES were everyone will post very useful info for us . wish u best

respect

Indefinitely Banned

I agree that this one of the aims of this mod is to bring to life a history and region that games seldom focus on. That why I dare say we're the most original mod out there.

But I need to make one thing absolutely clear: our aim is NOT to gratify anyones nationalist urges - orthodox, turk or muslim.

And demonizing eastern turkish/muslim factions would go against the very spirit of this mod.

Quote Originally Posted by mirage41 View Post
    I agree that this one of the aims of this mod is to bring to life a history and region that games seldom focus on. That why I dare say we're the most original mod out there.
    this it the thing i really want to say to everybody

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by mirage41 View Post
    But I need to make one thing absolutely clear: our aim is NOT to gratify anyones nationalist urges - orthodox, turk or muslim.

And demonizing eastern turkish/muslim factions {or even christians, or pagan} would go against the very spirit of this mod .
    no one will disagree with u at this point
    we have to do evrything to show all the fractions properly and non of them must have any privilege over the other
    fraction or nation no mettar of their religion or nationality
    in my opinion all of them are great .

respect
    Last edited by JERUSALEM; April 09, 2007 at 10:55 AM.

Yoda Twin's Avatar Vicarius

I just hope that names of unit aren't going to be to historical. I just hate not knowing what im building because i cant prnounce the name.

That was something Mirage made sure about when we were going over Georgian and Armenian units. I really forget what it was but basically, we won't have a unit that you can't recognize what it is by the name.

So for instance, it won't be "Georgian term - Georgian Term", it'll be "Georgian Term Spearmen". Heh, I'm already having trouble spelling the Khwarezemeaneids. I just call em transoxanians.

CtrlAltDe1337's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by CelticPagan View Post
    I'd have to go back and check as to when and which Pope, but the Papacy did, at one point actually outlaw the use of the crossbow by Christian warriors because of how effective it was against armor. It was thought that, since anyone could use a crossbow, and it could penetrate pretty much any armor, it was an un-Chivalrous weapon, and stood in opposition of what the various Knighthoods stood for, as well as it made killing nobles (and thus Kings) far too easy. Divine right of Kings and all being all the rage in Europe.

Ahh! Found it - Pope Urban II banned its use against Christians in 1097 as being inhumane and uncivilized. Crossbows leveled the playing field between untrained peasants and trained and armored fighters. A person with a crossbow could anonymously kill someone at a time in history when seeing your enemy's eyes started the custom of saluting between knights. Knights would raise their visor when meeting to show if they were friend or foe. Crossbow use by assassins became a preferred weapon of their trade as a smaller crossbow could be easily concealed and quickly used. In 1139 Pope Innocent II condemned and forbad their use just as the earlier Pope had, saying they were "deathly and hateful to God and unfit to be used among Christians." Some nations enacted laws against their use while others banned them from their armies. Richard the First or Richard the Lionheart died from a crossbow in 1199 AD, being shot in the shoulder and gangrene setting in the wound.
    I believe the Pope allowed Christians to use the crossbow against non-Christians though, so the KoJ is fine. Adding crossbows to Egypt would be nice but I wouldn't give them to most Muslim factions as that would get boring. Adding some Muslim crossbow mercenaries around a few settlements would be cool though.

Btw, Divine Right of Kings idea was not started untill much later than this.

The crossbow was definitely used by the Egyptians, though it seems remarked that it was saved, or reserved, for the naval troops. As for Crusaders, it should actually be more plentiful than the regular bow by much.

What I'd consider would be if a city with a port gets an Italian-trade city guild house (representing relationships with that city), the Ayyubid's would be able to recruit their own crossbowmen. Whereas if KoJ gets a Italian-trade city guild house, they can recruit italian crossbow miliitias.