THE GHORID SULTANATE

THE KHWAREZM SHAH

THE KINGDOM OF JERUSALEM

THE KYPCHAK CONFEDERACY

THE KINGDOM OF MAKURIA

THE RAJPUT STATES

THE EASTERN ROMAN EMPIRE

THE GREAT SELJUKS

Last edited by Miraj; December 27, 2007 at 03:49 AM.

Tadzreuli's Avatar Chevalier Blanche

Default Re: BROKEN CRESCENT: The Units

amazing unit !!!

but... I have several request:

1. for all Georgian shield also use st. George and others Georgian simbols from here:
    http://www.conflicts.rem33.com/image...geor_heral.htm
    http://www.conflicts.rem33.com/image...geor_nobil.htm

by this Georgian shields will be more colorfull, then with only 5 crosses simbols

2. for Monaspa lancers use from Vannilla - Russian Tsars Guard model ! this my request is optionally , plz ! if we want make historycal right model, Georgian havy cavalry alweys use horse armor and Tsars Guard model is same Georgian Monaspa cavalry... ! PLZ !!!

3. from Metsikhovne's shields cut the Cilician Armenian simbol - red lion with cross and put here st. George simbol ! this is also optional request ...
    Last edited by Tadzreuli; March 19, 2007 at 12:15 PM.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tadzreuli View Post
    amazing unit !!!

but... I have several request:

1. for all Georgian shield also use st. George and others Georgian simbols from here:
    http://www.conflicts.rem33.com/image...geor_heral.htm
    http://www.conflicts.rem33.com/image...geor_nobil.htm

by this Georgian shields will be more colorfull, then with only 5 crosses simbols

2. for Monaspa lancers use from Vannilla - Russian Tsars Guard model ! this my request is optionally , plz ! if we want make historycal right model, Georgian havy cavalry alweys use horse armor and Tsars Guard model is same Georgian Monaspa cavalry... ! PLZ !!!

3. from Metsikhovne's shields cut the Cilician Armenian simbol - red lion with cross and put here st. George simbol ! this is also optional request ...

You should post this stuff in the individual factions thread. However I do think giving the Monaspa full horse armour is a bit much. I'm sure alpha delta can cut the armenian symbol though.

ok, well done

Indefinitely Banned

Kingdom of Jerusalem added.

Pnutmaster's Avatar Dominus Qualitatium

Burrek may have a rival O_O! Beautiful skins. Here's to hoping they find a place in the Unit Repository
    Under the patronage and bound to the service of the
    artist formerly known as Squeakus Maximus
    Stoic Pantheist of S.I.N

Indefinitely Banned

[Courtesy of AlphaDelta]

Check it out people! This is basically a dismounted Qapukulu with scimitars.

http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showpo...&postcount=254
    "Grumpy Old Man" is the genius behind the soon to be released mesh converter and he released this for all us plebs.

All credit goes to him and of course AlphaDelta for putting it into the game (which isn't as easy as it sounds).

I'm hoping to include these fighters as a sort of heavy muslim "knight" that will be available to Turks, Abbasids and Egypt at their final Citadel barracks.

wow, exellent unit !

look like my Georgian Eristavi concept
    http://img163.imageshack.us/my.php?i...istavi1ux3.jpg

just shiel is deferent.

mey be should be change Eristavi model whith this new model (Russina druzhina model), or old model is better? how do you think, Mirage?
    Last edited by Tadzreuli; March 25, 2007 at 01:09 PM.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tadzreuli View Post
    mey be should be change Eristavi model whith this new model (Russina druzhina model), or old model is better? how do you think, Mirage?
    Well, 3 muslim factions may get this unit so I think its best to keep it at that for the sake of different factions having unique units. Georgias units are best to work with Russian models and that way Georgia and Armenia will stay unique compared to the Muslims.

However, once the mesh editor is released we can swap out the Eristavis spear and give him sword instead.
    Last edited by Miraj; March 25, 2007 at 01:23 PM.

That's really amazing stuff Mirage, Grumpy is going to be one of MTWII's patron saints for helping us break the mesh hindrance.

How difficult was it, if you or Alpha know? Can we hope for a more streamlined version once the coding is better known, and should we expect to see some more edited meshes like that soon?

I don't mean brand new or major edits to the mesh more than I mean replacing the weapons of dismounted units that would otherwise be stuck with a lance when on foot. Would love to see some mace-armed muslim infantry.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ahiga View Post
    That's really amazing stuff Mirage, Grumpy is going to be one of MTWII's patron saints for helping us break the mesh hindrance.

How difficult was it, if you or Alpha know? Can we hope for a more streamlined version once the coding is better known, and should we expect to see some more edited meshes like that soon?

I don't mean brand new or major edits to the mesh more than I mean replacing the weapons of dismounted units that would otherwise be stuck with a lance when on foot. Would love to see some mace-armed muslim infantry.
    From what GrumpyOldMan has shown it seems to be a piece of cake to switch around helmets, weapons and shields. And given AlphaDelta's skill with 3D modelling we will be able to do that and more.

Just this very fact is going to increase the variety of potentional eastern warriors HUGELY.

I mean just using European models and switching in eastern helmets and sheilds is going vastly increase our choices. Add on top of that the fact that AlphaDelta may be able to actually edit the shapes of th models themselves (ie turbans, bigger axes, different weapons) then we've got a revolution on our hands!

But for now lets keep our fingers crossed.

PS: AlphaDelta put the unit in game, not me. I just posted the screen.

The Mongol's Avatar Primicerius

Those dismounted Qapukulu look incredible, another good model to use is the upgraded Tabardariyya.

Quote Originally Posted by mirage41 View Post
    Check it out people! This is basically a dismounted Qapukulu with scimitars.
    My Gods! AlphaDelta, Mirage, these are AMAZING!!!
    Former Historian & Dev Member for Broken Crescent Mod
    Dual-Major BA in Medieval History / Political Science, Adelphi University Aug. 1989
    Member of the World History Association
    Member of the Medieval Academy of America
    Member of the Richard III Society
    Member of the Society for the Study of the Crusades and Latin East
    If you like my post, please +Rep...if you dislike my post, please +REP me twice

SickBoy13's Avatar Ordinarius

I suggest a horse archer unit from the lower land owners (the Azats) for Armenia. The bow was a popular weapon in that area as well.
    Wonderful skins, though.

AlphaDelta, I was wondering, if you planned on adding any Arab/Muslim crossbow units, since crossbows arrived from the East (China) through the Middle East?
    Dual-Major BA in Medieval History / Political Science, Adelphi University Aug. 1989

Indefinitely Banned

Updated initial pics, just added few new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by CelticPagan View Post
    AlphaDelta, I was wondering, if you planned on adding any Arab/Muslim crossbow units, since crossbows arrived from the East (China) through the Middle East?
    I'm thinking about giving the Egyptians the Crossbow militia units from the moors. Maybe also the Turks, but I'd prefer the KoJ to have that strength.

Quote Originally Posted by mirage41 View Post
    I'm thinking about giving the Egyptians the Crossbow militia units from the moors. Maybe also the Turks, but I'd prefer the KoJ to have that strength.
    I'd have to go back and check as to when and which Pope, but the Papacy did, at one point actually outlaw the use of the crossbow by Christian warriors because of how effective it was against armor. It was thought that, since anyone could use a crossbow, and it could penetrate pretty much any armor, it was an un-Chivalrous weapon, and stood in opposition of what the various Knighthoods stood for, as well as it made killing nobles (and thus Kings) far too easy. Divine right of Kings and all being all the rage in Europe.

Ahh! Found it - Pope Urban II banned its use against Christians in 1097 as being inhumane and uncivilized. Crossbows leveled the playing field between untrained peasants and trained and armored fighters. A person with a crossbow could anonymously kill someone at a time in history when seeing your enemy's eyes started the custom of saluting between knights. Knights would raise their visor when meeting to show if they were friend or foe. Crossbow use by assassins became a preferred weapon of their trade as a smaller crossbow could be easily concealed and quickly used. In 1139 Pope Innocent II condemned and forbad their use just as the earlier Pope had, saying they were "deathly and hateful to God and unfit to be used among Christians." Some nations enacted laws against their use while others banned them from their armies. Richard the First or Richard the Lionheart died from a crossbow in 1199 AD, being shot in the shoulder and gangrene setting in the wound.

NaptownKnight's Avatar Praeses

Since the meshes have been cracked are there going to be even more diverse and awesome troops coming out?

Indefinitely Banned

AlphaDelta is already using it and knowing his skills we will get awsomeness and much much more. Stay tuned!

And spread the word!

If already probably to make new models, I think, that it is necessary to change some the Georgian units:

1. remove cilician armenian "Lion" sombol from Metsikhovne shield

2. get havy horse armor for Monaspa Lancers cavalry (or use Russian "Tsars guard" model from vanilla)

3. for Eristavi cavalry use Russian Druzhina model, NOT Russian Boyar sons model.

Page 1 of 31 123456789101126 ... LastLast