Page 9 of 62 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193459 ... LastLast

Thread: BROKEN CRESCENT: The Campaign

Chola_Kingdom's Avatar Senator

Default Re: BROKEN CRESCENT: The Campaign

Quote Originally Posted by mirage41 View Post
    Background noises on the strat map don't cause lagging. And no, I won't remove ambient noises.
    my bad

Fan of True Mods for the MTWII :[Stainless steel, Broken Crecent]
    Stainless steel compatible Cinema editorial : Guide
    Viscount In TWC

Sinan's Avatar Senator

Mirage the map is looking great. Thanks for the update !
    Add me on Steam if you are playing SHOGUN 2 multiplayer!

Yoda Twin's Avatar Vicarius

I cant wait to play this mod, though i am trynig to find out how im going to get Med2 n my comp because I unistalled it to put on the patch and now it wont install because the cd's a bit dirty(killing myself about this)
    Minister for Home Affairs of the Commonwealth v Zentai [2012] HCA 28 per Heydon J at [75]

Analysis should not be diverted by reflections upon the zeal with which the victors at the end of the Second World War punished the defeated for war crimes. The victors were animated by the ideals of the Atlantic Charter and of the United Nations. The Universal Declaration of Human Rights was about to peep over the eastern horizon. But first, they wanted a little hanging.

Sinan's Avatar Senator

Clean the CD ?

Yep. Im gonna try and borrow my friends cd thingy which he says fixes broken ones.
    Minister for Home Affairs of the Commonwealth v Zentai [2012] HCA 28 per Heydon J at [75]

Analysis should not be diverted by reflections upon the zeal with which the victors at the end of the Second World War punished the defeated for war crimes. The victors were animated by the ideals of the Atlantic Charter and of the United Nations. The Universal Declaration of Human Rights was about to peep over the eastern horizon. But first, they wanted a little hanging.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda Twin View Post
    Yep. Im gonna try and borrow my friends cd thingy which he says fixes broken ones.
    Yeah you better clean that disc up and not have to buy a new one because we're going to charge $59.99 for Broken Crescent (C).

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

JUST KIDDING!

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Or am I?

LOL

Great news, i tried to install the game last time and did ti in the other cd drive. IT WORK! i couldn't believe it.

Sinan's Avatar Senator

Good !

LOL mirage !

The Mongol's Avatar Primicerius

I'd buy BC if it was an official expansion, it looks to be bigger than Kingdoms anyways.

The only thing Kingdoms has me giddy about is the Native Americans, where as the entire BC mod makes me cream of wheat.

(Ok, maybe those devil horned Teutonics are cool but the Ghazi Axemen are on par in the scariness department)

BC looks better than Kingdoms so far. I can agree on that. The Ghorids are better looking than any Kingdoms unit I've seen. Especially Borat. We got Borat! Beat that, Kingdoms! WA WA WE WA!!!11

Quote Originally Posted by SirPaladin View Post
    We got Borat! Beat that, Kingdoms! WA WA WE WA!!!11
    Hahaha, indeed.

Naiiiice.

Chola_Kingdom's Avatar Senator

does anyone doing Hisotric Events if you guys doing it please place more events thank you

Fan of True Mods for the MTWII :[Stainless steel, Broken Crecent]
    Stainless steel compatible Cinema editorial : Guide
    Viscount In TWC

Dude, check out the Historical Events thread, CelticPagan alone has pulled up like 100 of them

I have a feeling there will be no shortage of them. Hopefully more than vanilla anyways, they just add to the atmosphere.

IrAr's Avatar Senator

About the AOR map, Kilikia and Armenia proper should probably be grouped together, although western influence did come into play in Kilikia, but only among the higher-ups.

Member of Anno Domini: Italia Invicta
    This makes me a happy half armenian panda--John I Tzimisces

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by IrAr View Post
    About the AOR map, Kilikia and Armenia proper should probably be grouped together, although western influence did come into play in Kilikia, but only among the higher-ups.
    Grouping together really doesn't do much and isn't benefitial for the Armenian roster. Also note that Armenia proper is part of the "E_anatolia" zone". I think you're assuming that each faction can recruit their units only from one of these "zones".

In fact we're taking a new and innovative (and workable) route. Basically every single unit in the game (or groups of units) will have one or more zones it will be recruitable from. So for example the basic armenian units (armenian swordsmen, caucasian mountaineers) will be recruitable from the Cilicia, E_Anatolia and Syria zones. While Crusader units will be recruitable from Cilicia and Syria zones and not E_Anatolia zone.

So breaking the map into chunks like these allow us to give very realistic and unique recruitment zone for each and every single unit without adding too much work on our end.

Hope that explains the idea well.
    Last edited by Miraj; May 24, 2007 at 06:26 PM.

IrAr's Avatar Senator

I just don't understand what Eastern Anatolian means. It seems as if it is a mix of Greek, Armenian and Turkish.

Indefinitely Banned

I just don't understand what Eastern Anatolian means. It seems as if it is a mix of Greek, Armenian and Turkish.
    Does it matter? Its just a region we're grouping that the Byz, Turks, Armenians and Georgians can recruit from. Its in no way historical or even geographical. It's not supposed to mean anything except that in the descr_regions files those provinces will have the "e_anatolia" hidden resource.

It pretty much means just that. There's enough mixing going on in much of the landscape in BC that we sometimes need to go with a generic term for a particular region, rather than a term or grouping (or set of groupings) specific to individual groups. It would be cumbersome and somewhat useless to have three different Anatolian groupings (Turkish, Armenian, and Greek), when all three were found in these particular areas in somewhat large numbers.

One such example is also Khorasan, which would have Khorasani units, Iranian Units (Possibly), Turkish units. It would be really complicated to apply an overlapping system here, just like it would in Anatolia.

IrAr's Avatar Senator

Ah, I see. Thank you, Ahiga. I'm just curious, Mirage, in no way trying to take a stab at BC. Just needed some clarification.
    Why are Crete and Rhodes gold? Is that a Latin AOR? I am getting increasingly giddy!