Page 7 of 62 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516173257 ... LastLast

Thread: BROKEN CRESCENT: The Campaign

Default Re: BROKEN CRESCENT: The Campaign

Can't ever have too much coffee...Wheeeeeeeee! How else do you think I stay up so late in the US, Mountain Time, doing my research and driving Caliph Mirage batty?
    Former Historian & Dev Member for Broken Crescent Mod
    Dual-Major BA in Medieval History / Political Science, Adelphi University Aug. 1989
    Member of the World History Association
    Member of the Medieval Academy of America
    Member of the Richard III Society
    Member of the Society for the Study of the Crusades and Latin East
    If you like my post, please +Rep...if you dislike my post, please +REP me twice

hello guys,

This is my first post in this forums, I hope that I could make a good contribution in here. I think this mod is going to be awesome, and i have a few ideas for it.

I suggest adding the Nizari Ismaili faction, whose religion will be shiite islam. Their position in the map should be scattered as they historically were, two provinces will do, one by the caspian sea with its alamut fortress and the other is masyaf castle in syria. They'll rightfully earn the hashahin unit alone and not shared by other factions, plus giving that faction super spies and assassins to balance out their weak initial position. Hashashin guilds should only appear to allied factions with the Nizaris. Their generals would be the hardest to assissinate, and their leader should claim to be the Imam who's seeking spiritual leadership, and contending with the abbassid caliph for supremacy over the muslim world (Shiite Imamate vs Sunni caliphate).

here is a link about the nizari that might help
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hashshashin

I also suggest merging the turkish sultanate and the seljuk turks in one faction as they historically were one and the same kingdom.
    Last edited by Malakbel; April 18, 2007 at 01:34 AM.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Malakbel View Post
    hello guys,

This is my first post in this forums, I hope that I could make a good contribution in here. I think this mod is going to be awesome, and i have a few ideas for it.

I suggest adding the Nizari Ismaili faction, whose religion will be shiite islam. Their position in the map should be scattered as they historically were, two provinces will do, one by the caspian sea with its alamut fortress and the other is masyaf castle in syria. They'll rightfully earn the hashahin unit alone and not shared by other factions, plus giving that faction super spies and assassins to balance out their weak initial position. Hashashin guilds should only appear to allied factions with the Nizaris. Their generals would be the hardest to assissinate, and their leader should claim to be the Imam who's seeking spiritual leadership, and contending with the abbassid caliph for supremacy over the muslim world (Shiite Imamate vs Sunni caliphate).

here is a link about the nizari that might help
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hashshashin

I also suggest merging the turkish sultanate and the seljuk turks in one faction as they historically were one and the same kingdom.
    Hey Malakbel, thanks for your interest.

The Nizaris were an idea I had for a while. But I decided not too since they were way too much outside the scope of TW gameplay. They units they would have are sketchy. And they weren't really a "power" - more like a series of strongholds - its not like they fielded large armies. They were more like an underground political group than a proper faction. And I had also decide not to include shiism since it really added nothing to gameplay and there would be at the most two shiite factions. But the time scale got moved after the fatimids so the shiites were out and I wasn't going to include shiism for one minor faction like the nizaris.

And I'm afraid that you're not correct about the Seljuk + Turkish Sult idea. By 1175 the Seljuks had completely deteriorated. Most of their "atabegs" were basically independent states. In fact if I was making a completley historically accurate mod there would not be any seljuks at all - they had pretty much broken up by this time. The Turkish Sultanate represents the Rum Turks and then the Osmani turks and had been independent from the Seljuks well before 1175.

xxax's Avatar Senator

How extensive will the scripting be? Like if you start with Saladin you have to take Jerusalem in X turns/years?

The general question would be will the campaign be guided a bit or will it be free for all like vanilla?

Will you implement crusades as triggers (like when taking Jerusalem) or will they stay the way they are now?

Keep up the good work!!!

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by xxax View Post
    How extensive will the scripting be? Like if you start with Saladin you have to take Jerusalem in X turns/years?

The general question would be will the campaign be guided a bit or will it be free for all like vanilla?

Will you implement crusades as triggers (like when taking Jerusalem) or will they stay the way they are now?

Keep up the good work!!!

The players campaign won't be that scripted at all.

Crusades will be scripted, the actual "crusade" funtion won't be there (since no pope). It will be scripted based on game events like Jerusalem or other Crusader cities being taken by the Muslims. However, this might cause weird things like Richard the Lionheart showing up 100 years later than he actually did - so its still being thought about.

Indefinitely Banned

Khwarezm.. the land of the sun and earth. This is the far north of the Broken Crescent map - the rich lands of the silk road.

The river in the distance is the Amu Darya - the Mongol hordes will appear on the other side in a few years...

Quote Originally Posted by mirage41 View Post

Khwarezm.. the land of the sun and earth. This is the far north of the Broken Crescent map - the rich lands of the silk road.

The river in the distance is the Amu Darya - the Mongol hordes will appear on the other side in a few years...
    Former Historian & Dev Member for Broken Crescent Mod
    Dual-Major BA in Medieval History / Political Science, Adelphi University Aug. 1989
    Member of the World History Association
    Member of the Medieval Academy of America
    Member of the Richard III Society
    Member of the Society for the Study of the Crusades and Latin East
    If you like my post, please +Rep...if you dislike my post, please +REP me twice

CtrlAltDe1337's Avatar Praepositus

Nice

Yoda Twin's Avatar Vicarius

Nice Mirage, is Khwarezm going to be desert or Lush grass terrain or a bit of both
    Minister for Home Affairs of the Commonwealth v Zentai [2012] HCA 28 per Heydon J at [75]

Analysis should not be diverted by reflections upon the zeal with which the victors at the end of the Second World War punished the defeated for war crimes. The victors were animated by the ideals of the Atlantic Charter and of the United Nations. The Universal Declaration of Human Rights was about to peep over the eastern horizon. But first, they wanted a little hanging.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda Twin View Post
    Nice Mirage, is Khwarezm going to be desert or Lush grass terrain or a bit of both
    Both. Khawrezm is mostly desert. But there will be mediterenean farmlands in and around the main cities on the Amu Darya river.
    Last edited by Miraj; May 01, 2007 at 09:42 PM.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Default Re: BROKEN CRESCENT: The Map and Campaign

How about adding the city of Philadelphia in west asia minor.It was the last eastern city fallen to ottomans few years before Konstantinoble.A very prosperus city with huge wall structure...
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Indefinitely Banned

I will be posting up a regions map soon on a separate thread soon. You can point it out there.

Beauchamp's Avatar Semisalis

I don't know where to exactly post this, and im too sheepish to start a new thread so here goes:

Throughout most of Islamic history, an essential part to any empire of the Islamic world was controlling the Routes of Pilgrimidge to Makka (Hajj) and by controlling a route to the Silk Road. If a nation like Egypt, for example, can control an ample route to Makka it should be able to have an income bonus for caravans etc. I think the Silk Road should already exist and cities lying on it should naturally have a bonus in trade.

I belive that this should play a factor somehow in the game. It could also work for the Christian factions' pilgrimidge to Jerusalem.

Perhaps it could be included as a "building" or maybe it could be a wonder, like the Silk Road in E.B.

IrAr's Avatar Senator

I think bonuses should be present for different religions as long as they have kept the building, examples: A Muslim faction controls Jerusalem, they get money from Christian Pilgrims and more if the Church of the Resurrection is still standing, on the other hand if a Christian faction controls Mecca, they get money from Muslims on Hajj and even more if the Kaaba is still standing.

Member of Anno Domini: Italia Invicta
    This makes me a happy half armenian panda--John I Tzimisces

Indefinitely Banned

I plan to do this using hidden resources and faction/culture specific buildings. Think of mines, except without the neat 3d models.
    Last edited by Miraj; May 10, 2007 at 01:09 AM.

I think if christians conquered Makka, the Muslims would not be too happy...but i agree on the pilgrimadge revenue idea for all factions.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Beauchamp View Post
    I think if christians conquered Makka, the Muslims would not be too happy...but i agree on the pilgrimadge revenue idea for all factions.
    Well these "buildings" will be faction/culture specific. So if a christian conquers mecca and areas linked to it, he won't get to build a "pilgrimage station" building. Same for Muslims if they conquer Jerusalem.

I would agree, except that Al-Quds was a pilgrimidge sight for Muslims, in fact, it is the third holiest place in Islam (Behind Makka and Medina0

Indefinitely Banned

Yeah, true. But its an astronomical difference how many muslims care to go to Jerusalem VS Makkah/Medina.

Chola_Kingdom's Avatar Senator

please make fortress and citadel in high mountains in facts kings built the castles and fortress in mountains isnt it !!
    for examples shakespear Magbeth's castle, original "Granada" fortress, rajput king of kings castles, Some Templers fortress
    so enemies could only come with one "ways"
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edinburgh_Castle
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boden_Fortress
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_fort
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imageonjon_Gisors001.jpg
    Last edited by Chola_Kingdom; May 11, 2007 at 03:33 PM.

Fan of True Mods for the MTWII :[Stainless steel, Broken Crecent]
    Stainless steel compatible Cinema editorial : Guide
    Viscount In TWC