Page 3 of 62 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853 ... LastLast

Thread: BROKEN CRESCENT: The Campaign

Default Re: BROKEN CRESCENT: The Campaign

Think avout the black's factions because no game use this kind of people. Have you already see a game with black army in medieval, in shogun, in rome total war ? Why ?
    I think your mod must have blacks, whites, arabs, indians, and asians. Africans must have a game with their history, and their history is also the story of the arabs'people.
    But I understand that you can not work with all suggestion we've done. But just think about that, and please accept to introduce this people in your mod.
    The Dongola kingdom was proper like the ghana's empire in south of maroco and algeria. They had the same role with the middle easter people, economic, diplomatic, military and religious.
    Last edited by khaled.ibn.walid; March 26, 2007 at 09:14 PM.

i think a faction south of egypt be a good addition both for diversity and for game play. it would add to the "exoticness", as well to the religious struggles of the time. egypt would be a bit more challenging to play, as they now would deal with a two front war. they could be a fairly docile kingdom, just leading raids against southern egypt. maybe even the settlements down there could just be pretty decently fortified with some unique african units? i just think its on the map already (or mostly at least), so something should be done with it. also egypt has what, 7? 8? regions that it separates from the rest of the world, making an easy starting position in the corner or the map to build up and move eastward with a little too much momentum.

what was the problem with extending east slightly into india more?
    and is hindu still goin to be a religion or not?

just a fan of the diversity

Indefinitely Banned

Now I'm not saying that African kingdoms did not have powerful presence there. I'm saying that they were not part of the "theatre of conflict" that this mod focuses on. Which is why I've scrapped the idea of having Hungary or even Rus for the time being. Right now we're focusing on the core factions.

When the first version is released and there are more skinners attracted to this mod then we can add other cool exotic factions like you mentioned. But as for now its AlphaDelta doing all the work and I think he has enough on his plate as it is.

Technical expertise is everything, ideas are cool but ideas will remain ideas unless you're willing to make them a reality yourself.*

*Translation: We need skinners.

Indefinitely Banned

Took my army to go site seeing in dusty ol' Kabul... looks like some things never change.

Indefinitely Banned

SEE MINIMAP: Tentative Start Position of all factions.

IrAr's Avatar Senator

Sis was never a castle.
    Partzerpert, which is a little northwest of Sis, is. Partzerpert was the seat of the Roupenids and the base of power they used to rule over Cilicia.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by IrAr View Post
    Sis was never a castle.
    Partzerpert, which is a little northwest of Sis, is. Partzerpert was the seat of the Roupenids and the base of power they used to rule over Cilicia.
    Hmm, I was thinking about adding a new settlement in Anatolia. Where exactly would that settlement be on that screen I posted?

Can you guys recommend important Anatolian cities to add in general. Try to keep it to major settlements.

So far I have:

Nicaea
    Attalia
    Smyrna
    Trebizond
    Sinop
    Konya (Ikonion)
    Kayseri (Caesara)
    Ankara
    Tarsus
    Sis
    Malatya
    Erzurum

I'd like some more.
    Last edited by Miraj; March 31, 2007 at 11:14 PM.

Shouldn't you add more settlements mirage41?

I mean, there is a limit of 199 provinces and i'm not sure you've added so much. The more you add, the longer and more fun the campaign will be. Is Constantinople included by the way?

actually, i feel that the longer the distance between settlements, the more fun it is!
    i hate it when all the battles i fight are just sieges. I prefer having to plan out me strategies (like el pincers) on the strat map, and execute it on battle. In seiges, it gets a bit monotonous IMHO.... but its ur choice, just giving in my opinion!

cheers
    -indian_boy

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadking View Post
    Shouldn't you add more settlements mirage41?

I mean, there is a limit of 199 provinces and i'm not sure you've added so much. The more you add, the longer and more fun the campaign will be. Is Constantinople included by the way?
    Don't worry, I've added all major regions. As we continue on there will be more settlements added. We aren't anywhere near the province limit. However I'm not going put in 199. I think that would become Siege: Total War.

LOL, of course Constaninople is inluded. It and Baghdad will start as Large cities from the start.

Tadzreuli's Avatar Chevalier Blanche

Good map, but to my mind Kutaisi ("Kuatatisi" is more historycal accurace name) should be in Georgian borders

Quote Originally Posted by mirage41 View Post
    Don't worry, I've added all major regions. As we continue on there will be more settlements added. We aren't anywhere near the province limit. However I'm not going put in 199. I think that would become Siege: Total War.

LOL, of course Constaninople is inluded. It and Baghdad will start as Large cities from the start.
    THats good to hear. In fact, Baghdad may even be made Huge city from beginning if you wish. I've read that for the time, as capital of Saladin's empire it was the most populous city of the world with two million inhabitants.

If you add historical silk roads that go through Constantinople, Damascus etc that will also make for excellent gameplay with controlling those resources bringing in healthy profits and unique resources like Damask from Damascus.

I don't know if Arabia is generally not populated or just barren desert bu i've noticed in most mods that the centre of the modern Saudi Arabia is basically deserted land. Will that be the case in this mod as well or will they be given provinces? I'm just not really sure.

Also, when the expansion comes out, will you do anything with that?

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tadzreuli View Post
    Good map, but to my mind Kutaisi ("Kuatatisi" is more historycal accurace name) should be in Georgian borders
    Fine I will do that. But believe me it'll be way more fun to grow your army and establish your rule over georgia. The rebel will be enormous in Broken Crescent.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadking View Post
    THats good to hear. In fact, Baghdad may even be made Huge city from beginning if you wish. I've read that for the time, as capital of Saladin's empire it was the most populous city of the world with two million inhabitants.

If you add historical silk roads that go through Constantinople, Damascus etc that will also make for excellent gameplay with controlling those resources bringing in healthy profits and unique resources like Damask from Damascus.

I don't know if Arabia is generally not populated or just barren desert bu i've noticed in most mods that the centre of the modern Saudi Arabia is basically deserted land. Will that be the case in this mod as well or will they be given provinces? I'm just not really sure.

Also, when the expansion comes out, will you do anything with that?
    Many cities from Samarqand all the way to Constantinople will be extremely rich. And money will be important since I'm planning to ramp up the cost of all units (probably have to give AI cash bonuses).

Arabia's center will be a giant unconquerable province. However the down the coast Mecca and Medina will give Muslim faction leader special prestige and triump points. While Oman and Yemen (southern arabia) will have a special "indian ocean" trade resource which will make them good money makers.

We're not really thinking about the expansion for now. Since it won't be out till autumn. Once it is out I we would probably revamp the mod and make it suit the expansion too.
    Last edited by Miraj; April 01, 2007 at 10:52 AM.

Now I'm not saying that African kingdoms did not have powerful presence there. I'm saying that they were not part of the "theatre of conflict" that this mod focuses on. Which is why I've scrapped the idea of having Hungary or even Rus for the time being. Right now we're focusing on the core factions.

When the first version is released and there are more skinners attracted to this mod then we can add other cool exotic factions like you mentioned. But as for now its AlphaDelta doing all the work and I think he has enough on his plate as it is.

Technical expertise is everything, ideas are cool but ideas will remain ideas unless you're willing to make them a reality yourself.*

*Translation: We need skinners.
    I wouldn't mind learning how to skin if someone were willing to teach me. I have Photoshop and Gimp (just suck at using them) but am an oil paint and water paint artist in RL. Even won some awards for my paintings over the years. Of course, I'll still be doing all I can for the historical side regardless
    Former Historian & Dev Member for Broken Crescent Mod
    Dual-Major BA in Medieval History / Political Science, Adelphi University Aug. 1989
    Member of the World History Association
    Member of the Medieval Academy of America
    Member of the Richard III Society
    Member of the Society for the Study of the Crusades and Latin East
    If you like my post, please +Rep...if you dislike my post, please +REP me twice

IrAr's Avatar Senator

Mirage, Partzerpert would be about at the southernmost tile where the mountain turns brown instead of green.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CelticPagan View Post
    I wouldn't mind learning how to skin if someone were willing to teach me. I have Photoshop and Gimp (just suck at using them) but am an oil paint and water paint artist in RL. Even won some awards for my paintings over the years. Of course, I'll still be doing all I can for the historical side regardless

Contribute whatever you can but your historical research is excellent and will aid me big time with ancilliaries and such.

@Irar

Do you mind copying that image and in paint marking the point of Patzerpert and reposting it?

Nice screenshots. It's always fun to feel the progress.

Indefinitely Banned

Perhaps the Abbasids are going to sail to India?

Looks like the Byzantines got to Ani before the Armenians. (BTW Ani will actually be a castle in the final game)

The Kingdom of Jerusalem, surrounded by enemies.

Saladin may pay the latins in Kerak a visit...

Nishapur, the city of poetry and wine..

The cities of the Silk Road, much to plunder here..

Awesome piccies, I didn't want the mod so badly before these screens! Keep posting, it's like a drug...

Ermeni's Avatar Biarchus

Hmm, I was thinking about adding a new settlement in Anatolia. Where exactly would that settlement be on that screen I posted?

Can you guys recommend important Anatolian cities to add in general. Try to keep it to major settlements.

So far I have:

Nicaea
    Attalia
    Smyrna
    Trebizond
    Sinop
    Konya (Ikonion)
    Kayseri (Caesara)
    Ankara
    Tarsus
    Sis
    Malatya