Page 2 of 62 FirstFirst 1234567891011122752 ... LastLast

Thread: BROKEN CRESCENT: The Campaign

Default Re: BROKEN CRESCENT: The Campaign

Ahiga you have a good idea and you too mirage !
    Combination of your two ideas would be the best

But I think it's a good idea to remplace heretical christian by jewish.

If you can make rebels generals or rebels imams as shi'ites that's will be great and show how the islamic world can be divised by the religion.

Well you're the one who came up with the Shi'ite heretic idea. So it's more a combination of all three!

I'm curious if there's any way to spice up the rebel shi'ite presence. I'm kind of inclined to suggest we feature two/three rebel factions. One for the Christians, one for the Muslims, one for the Mongols/Timurids. For Christians it could represent simply ambitious lords who try and establish their own outremer kingdom (Or lords who interfere in Georgian or Armenian politics. I believe one of the crusaders 'became' king of a eastern Christian city), for the Muslims it would be Shi'ites, and for the Mongols/Timurids it would be..well, generic rebels.

Idealy it'd be nice to have two sets of muslim rebels, one for far eastern (Transoxanians/Ghaznavids/Delhi/Abbasids) and one for near eastern (seljuks, Rum Turks, Ayyubids, maybe the Abbasids). But that'd require adding in additional code for each unit we want them to have in the battle.model. It'd really be a question of what can be gained by having two sets of Muslim rebels and whether or not we think in the future we might have use for those two faction slots (I doubt it, we have 30 faction slots and we've used up only 16)
    Last edited by Ahiga; March 23, 2007 at 07:52 AM.

Ermeni's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Ahiga View Post
    I believe one of the crusaders 'became' king of a eastern Christian city),
    correct.....baldwin took control of the armenian city edessa (urhoy)...i'm not sure that his title was king i think he was more of a duke.....though he later became the first king of jerusalem...

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ahiga View Post
    Well you're the one who came up with the Shi'ite heretic idea. So it's more a combination of all three!

I'm curious if there's any way to spice up the rebel shi'ite presence. I'm kind of inclined to suggest we feature two/three rebel factions. One for the Christians, one for the Muslims, one for the Mongols/Timurids. For Christians it could represent simply ambitious lords who try and establish their own outremer kingdom (Or lords who interfere in Georgian or Armenian politics. I believe one of the crusaders 'became' king of a eastern Christian city), for the Muslims it would be Shi'ites, and for the Mongols/Timurids it would be..well, generic rebels.

Idealy it'd be nice to have two sets of muslim rebels, one for far eastern (Transoxanians/Ghaznavids/Delhi/Abbasids) and one for near eastern (seljuks, Rum Turks, Ayyubids, maybe the Abbasids). But that'd require adding in additional code for each unit we want them to have in the battle.model. It'd really be a question of what can be gained by having two sets of Muslim rebels and whether or not we think in the future we might have use for those two faction slots (I doubt it, we have 30 faction slots and we've used up only 16)
    Shadow "Rebel" factions are possible but I think we're kind of getting ahead of ourselves. I don't think I'll do all this for the first release. I mean it a lot of work adding a new faction. I like these ideas and once we have all the raw "base" of this mod in place (skins, map, script, ancilliaries/traits, diplomacy, 2d graphics), then we'll start working on cool ideas like this.

If you're talking about adding a "rebel" faction similar to the slave faction but only effecting certain factions, I don't know but I'd bet thats hardcoded. The same thing for heresy, I don't thinks its possible to add Shiism with the same behavior as the current "heresy" - I haven't seen any data files that define the behaviour and nature of religions so I'm guessing its hardcoded.

But once the raw materials of this mod are finished and we have a stable base we can start adding cool thing like emergent rebbellions and more religions to our hearts contents and at a relaxed pace for future versions of this mod.

But for now the "base" needs to be as simple as possible. So keep these ideas coming but remember to bring them up again this summer after (hopefully) this mod is finished.

You are right !
    Wait and see

I have a second idea but it's for the final of the work. What do you think about create a mix with another mod with christian people and your mod ?
    You can have 32 factions !!! You can try and it will be the greatest mod of MTW2 !
    Last edited by khaled.ibn.walid; March 23, 2007 at 09:19 PM.

Indefinitely Banned

REGIONS COMPLETE! (well 99% done)

Factions that will be "modified" are also in place... looks like the Venetians are lost in Afghanistan. This is where the "Sultanate of Ghazni" will start.

I would appreciate some help with regards to which provinces to add north of the Caucusus and around the Caspian.

Quote Originally Posted by khaled.ibn.walid View Post
    You are right !
    Wait and see

I have a second idea but it's for the final of the work. What do you think about create a mix with another mod with christian people and your mod ?
    You can have 32 factions !!! You can try and it will be the greatest mod of MTW2 !
    Thats a great idea, but at the end of the day each of component of this mod is belongs to whomever did it. So if other mods want to use the units we make, then they'll have to ask AlphaDelta, if they want our map -they'll have to ask me.

That's great ! Congratulation !

Indefinitely Banned

India with rivers and settlements completed.

Wow, looks great! Waiting patiently

Indefinitely Banned

RIVERS COMPLETED. COASTS FIXED.

Just throwing this idea out there.

What do you guys think about expanding the map west a little bit and including all of Greece?

I've been thinking that expanding west would give the Byzantines a fall back position and also perhaps a stimulate a little more interest in the mod as some may feel its map is too "east".

I have appended things to this map before (i appended more of india before I announce the mod), so this is possible and doable. I will probably do it over the next entire month since I will be busy with school and can only work on this on weekends.

What do you all think? Greece expansion? Is it worth it?

Ermeni's Avatar Biarchus

Greece expansion ------ yes tx... would be great

I'd say yes, but I have to ask if it'd include any other factions.

Not because I'm against it but because I am curious if there's any that won't require much work, will help attract people, add to the game, and not require too much of the map in the opposite direction.

We really don't seem likely to come across the province-limits, and I dont know if there's one for the dimensions of the map - Is there any chance we could hypothetically include greece and go north, featuring a Russian faction along with Hungary and maybe poland? Simply using vanilla stuff (with burrek's reskins and his permission, but nothing more)

I don't know about geography, and regardless I'm fine with extending it to greece. But given the tilt of the map, what would be included along with greece?
    Last edited by Ahiga; March 25, 2007 at 07:54 PM.

Indefinitely Banned

The red will be the potential expansion.

I'm thinking of including in Vanilla's Hungary as a small faction. And also kievan rus based, well, in Kiev. Its a bit ahistorical given the start year but I'm thinking that the Kieven Rus will be a sort of "viking" faction though basically a clone of vanilla Russia just with maybe a viking unit or two thrown in the mix (if we have time). Hungary will be there for the Byz to conquer, or the Turks. And Greece will give the Turks and Armenians a nice place to raid or conquer.

Remember this is just an idea. So I'm not decided whether to do this.

BTW, if I do it I will make the Rus and Hungary's AI very docile and not expansive. The Hungarians won't expand much at all, while the Rus may launch a raid or two past the black sea. I think the KoJ, Armenia and Georgia will give enough pain to the Muslims and that along with the Mongols is just bad enough.
    Last edited by Miraj; March 25, 2007 at 08:27 PM.

Douchebag's Avatar Vicarius

This mod is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!! Cant wait.

It's a good idea and I think you can puch the limit of the map to the italy !
    What do you think about adding a black nation with arab auxiliary and in the south of the ayyubid sultanate of saladin ? It will create a new faction of african, and it will make some diversity of people. The desert of the south of egypt is a black country, and why don't we create a faction like this ? In this region there are beduins, berbers and various ethny of numidia.

What do you this about. This picture gave me the idea:
    Last edited by khaled.ibn.walid; March 25, 2007 at 08:48 PM.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by khaled.ibn.walid View Post
    It's a good idea and I think you can puch the limit of the map to the italy !
    No, not Italy. That will just complicate things. If I add Italy then I need the papacy and such, and then all the other factions too. I'm keeping this map eastern. The addition of greece is just because it'd be easy to do and help the byzantines.

This mod is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!! Cant wait.
    Thanks man. Spread the word!

Ok ! and for the numidian faction ?

I know the kingdoms and the empires in this part of south of egypt: sudan, ethiopia and somalia.
    In sudan there was a kingdom called "Dongola", religion: catholic
    In ethiopia there war a kingdom called "Ethiopian empire" , title of the king: negusä nägäst, religion: ?
    In somalia there was a kingdom called "Adel sultanate", religion: islam
    In Yenmen there was Zaydiyyah, religion: islam
    Last edited by khaled.ibn.walid; March 25, 2007 at 09:39 PM.

I dont think we need to expand westward. If we include hungary we need to include their capital Budapest which is so far west we'll need to include a lot more of europe including south east Poland, venetian settlemts in the balkans and possibly another faction to sit between Hungary and the Byzantines. The Byzantines shouldnt really expand that far north west anyway. When I think of the middle east I just dont think of hungary. Personally I'd rather see a faction in Saudi or another persian faction.

Kiev sounds like a great idea. However, now that we have over-written Russia they become essentially a new faction we need to build from the ground up. I'm happy to do this, but I think it should be the last faction we work on.

Strong rebels to the north of Byzantines with a few more black sea settlements would be enough I think.

Sorry if I sound too negative.

Cheers
    Last edited by AlphaDelta; March 25, 2007 at 11:24 PM.
    "I don't want to sit around Windsor because ermm .. I just generally don't like England that much" - Prince Harry, 3rd in Line for the British Thrown

For King or Country - The English civil wars.

Agreed. Of Eastern Europe Only Byzantium really strikes me as middle eastern, and for some odd reason Russia carries a bit of that theme too because of their involvement in the affairs of the steppe, with the volga-bulgars and Cumans.

I'd like to see of any far off future additions either an Arabian Peninsula faction along with something south of Egypt. Russia would be a good addition following the initial release of the mod, save for concerns that Kiev was more involved with Poland and the like than the east and southeast.

But definitely when we've released the mod and have less on our plate, I think a Black faction or two would be a nice touch. A Christian Ethiopia and a Muslim Sudan could share many units and give that area some extra attention.

Indefinitely Banned

Hmmm. I have to kind of backtrack on my earlier enthusiasm for the GreekExtension idea.

It seems I have misplaced my data of how many exact degrees I rotated my original map, without that I can seamlessly match the new addition. And I remember by angle of tilt wasn't a whole number but a precise number so I can't even ballpark it right.

Secondly, extending the map will change all the existing XY coordinate of my settlements. I have a excel file with all my settlements and coords listed, and the addition will mean I will have to get now XY coord one by one all over again. I really don't want to do this.

So in agreement with AlphaDelta I'm putting this off for now. Sorry if I got anyone excited. But later on we may indeed add the Kievan Rus. But thats for the future, I'm kinda getting ahead of myself now.

@AHIGA
    An african faction I think falls out of the scope of this mod. One of the reasons I chose the factions I chose is because I believe they were major players and it makes sense to play them and conquer the mideast. Only the Rajputs and Bulgars are a bit different and they are there to provide a fresh new 'exotic' element to the campaign. But mostly we've already got enough on our plate and, like you said, we'll think about new ideas once the basics are actually done.