Page 1 of 62 12345678910112651 ... LastLast

Thread: BROKEN CRESCENT: The Campaign

Indefinitely Banned

Default BROKEN CRESCENT: The Campaign

THE BROKEN CRESCENT CAMPAIGN

Broken Crescent features a brand new campaign map spanning from Constantinople and Egypt in the west to Norther India and Afghanistan in the East. It encompasses all the classical and iconic lands of the Eastern and Islamic world: Anatolia, Egypt, the Holy Land, Syria, Persia, Arabia, Georgia, Cilicia, Mesopotamia, Khwarezm, Khorasan, the Indus and India.

MAP EXTENTS

CAMPAIGN MAP SCREENS
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

REGIONS MAP

FACTIONS

Broken Crescent will feature 9 Muslim factions, 5 Christan factions, 1 Pagan factions, 2 Hindu factions and 1 emergent faction.

FACTIONS LIST (Please see this thread for further detail - follow the links!)

Muslim
    The Ayyubid Sultanate
    The Turkish Sultanate
    The Great Seljuks
    The Abbasid Caliphate
    The Khwarezm Shah
    The Sultanate of Ghazni
    The Ghorid Sultanate
    The Imamate of Oman
    The Malikate of Sindh

Christian
    The Eastern Roman Empire
    The Kingdom of Jerusalem
    The Kingdom of Armenia
    The Kingdom of Georgia
    The Kingdom of Makuria

Hindu
    The Rajput States
    The Solanki Rajas

Pagan
    The Kypchak Khanate

Emergent
    The Mongol Empire

Last edited by Strelac; July 07, 2009 at 09:03 AM.

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: BROKEN CRESCENT: The Campaign

Regions completed: Mideast, Iran, Anatolia, Afghanistan, Khwarezmia

Regions Left: North of the Caucusus, Caspian Sea area and North India

It's looking pretty good, Mirage!

Indefinitely Banned

Added info on AOR recruiting system. Will add more detailed breakdown as mod progresses.

Centenarius

what type of units will the japs have?

btw, why dont u add hungary also?
    i know this is a mid east mod, bit if some1 wants to play against the whole mid east instead playing with one of them, can play as hungary

btw 2 i liked the AOR..
    so u say that if KOJ will take over egypt's home reigions, they will be able to recruit egyptian elite soldiers that egyps used?
    Last edited by kobi118; March 19, 2007 at 04:29 PM.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kobi118 View Post
    what type of units will the japs have?

btw, why dont u add hungary also?
    i know this is a mid east mod, bit if some1 wants to play against the whole mid east instead playing with one of them, can play as hungary

btw 2 i liked the AOR..
    so u say that if KOJ will take over egypt's home reigions, they will be able to recruit egyptian elite soldiers that egyps used?
    Japs? Do you mean the Rajputs States? Thats a hindu faction in India. They will have massed light infantry and LOTS of elephants, plus some decent Rajput Cav and Infantry.

No, there simply isn't enough space for hungary. There are enough Christian factions, especially considering this is a mod for Muslim factions.

Elite units of other factions won't be recruitable. But I will make special "universal" units that ALL faction can recruit from each regions (assuming they control it). So if the Kingdom of Jerusalem conquers egypt or baghdad, they might be able to recruit Saracen Levy Spearmen (who are massed infantry. Though thats just an possible example. Either way, such a system is quite doable.

The Japs?

You mean the Japanese? And if you want to fight the middle east, you can play as the byzantines or crusaders.

Centenarius

ok thanks for u answer

The Mongol's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by mirage41 View Post
    They will have massed light infantry and LOTS of elephants, plus some decent Rajput Cav and Infantry.
    Woohoo! I was wondering if we were going to see some Elephants. Nothing like a rampaging elephant tossing people around like rag dolls.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cuahchicqueh View Post
    Woohoo! I was wondering if we were going to see some Elephants. Nothing like a rampaging elephant tossing people around like rag dolls.
    And the cooler thing is we're planning to allow ALL factions the ability to recruit elephants from India. Only Ghazni, Delhi and the Rajputs will get to recruit armoured elephants. The other faction can recruit basic charging/javelin unarmoured elephants from any Indian city.

This AOR system will expand campaign gameplay motivations enormously. It'll be just fun sending a expeditionary force to India just to recruit Elephants. Plus they will appear as merc in India too. So you could just send a lone general on a dangerous boat ride to pick up some Elephants.
    Last edited by Miraj; March 19, 2007 at 07:44 PM.

Ermeni's Avatar Biarchus

it would be cool if you could be able to implement titles like duke of (Jerusalem) for example......and duke of ......etc etc etc....now im playing the sicilian vespers mod and everytime a governor is drawn into a city they become the duke of it the mod also features many other titles....itīs a cool system....

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ermeni View Post
    it would be cool if you could be able to implement titles like duke of (Jerusalem) for example......and duke of ......etc etc etc....now im playing the sicilian vespers mod and everytime a governor is drawn into a city they become the duke of it the mod also features many other titles....itīs a cool system....
    I've noticed this for some mods too. I will look into the coding thats required. I'm sure we can implement this. It's perfect for Muslim factions too. I'm planning many new ancilliaries too.

The Mongol's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by mirage41 View Post
    And the cooler thing is we're planning to allow ALL factions the ability to recruit elephants from India. Only Ghazni, Delhi and the Rajputs will get to recruit armoured elephants. The other faction can recruit basic charging/javelin unarmoured elephants from any Indian city.

This AOR system will expand campaign gameplay motivations enormously. It'll be just fun sending a expeditionary force to India just to recruit Elephants. Plus they will appear as merc in India too. So you could just send a lone general on a dangerous boat ride to pick up some Elephants.
    Sounds like a great idea, I was wondering why some mods don't have these things. There are elephants in India, why not take advantage of 'em?

please can you create two islamics religion, as orthodox and catholics with shiites and sunnits ?

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by khaled.ibn.walid View Post
    please can you create two islamics religion, as orthodox and catholics with shiites and sunnits ?
    I was thinking about doing this but there are no shiite factions and I felt that it wasn't really necessary at this time frame (1175-1400). The Fatimid Caliphate had been destroyed by Saladin so shiite influence was on a steep decline by and large. And if there isn't a faction to represent them, there can't be a religion. So shiism is represented as "heresy" pretty much.

Sure but I'v got an idea.
    Why can you create the shiites like heretics ? Probably it's not possible to do it but... In islam, a lot of religious schools were created. That's why the muslims are always divised. It's the weakness of islam and it's religious power.

If you can create shiites rebels as the heretics are rebels, you can create specific trait of your mod. And you can introduce jewish too. So the player can do what it want to do about religious tolerance like the old califs and sultans.

It will make more important sens, and more complex game. What do you think about it ?

Religions:
    Sunnits
    Shiits
    Jewish
    Catholics
    Orthodoxs
    Heretics

The middle age is the age of religion, so we must do a religion context.:hmm
    Last edited by khaled.ibn.walid; March 22, 2007 at 10:51 AM.

Well, it seems that Mirage wants there to be less religious division amongst the same religions to prevent them feuding amongst one another (At least in the case of the christians). I'd like the idea of giving a different religion to each group - it's not really that difficult, and with campaign AI modding I believe you can make it so they still are inclined against attacking people of the same religion. After all, we did have catholics fighting orthodox or catholics fighting catholics in the original game.

I'm for this (Except for making shi'ites heretics. I'd just include them as a regular religion if any of our kingdoms was shi'ite, and have the Sunni campaign AI really geared towards attacking them).

Zenith Darksea's Avatar Ορθοδοξία ή θάνατος!

Well there is a sound historical basis for Orthodox and Catholics going to war, as it did happen more than once in that region of the world.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ahiga View Post
    Well, it seems that Mirage wants there to be less religious division amongst the same religions to prevent them feuding amongst one another (At least in the case of the christians). I'd like the idea of giving a different religion to each group - it's not really that difficult, and with campaign AI modding I believe you can make it so they still are inclined against attacking people of the same religion. After all, we did have catholics fighting orthodox or catholics fighting catholics in the original game.

I'm for this (Except for making shi'ites heretics. I'd just include them as a regular religion if any of our kingdoms was shi'ite, and have the Sunni campaign AI really geared towards attacking them).
    But isn't there a religion limit of 5 or 6? I'm not sure, but thats the main thing that we need to consider first.

Couple of points:

1) How can I add shiism unless there is a shiite faction present. Otherwise adding shiism will be utterly useless.

2) There are only 3 christian factions, introducing subdivisions seems kind of overkill and pointless. Christian faction can still fight among themselves and Armenia and Georgia, will both have higher tendancies to attack Byzantium. This is all really part of the diplomacy AI not the religion system.

3) I want to keep the religion structure as simple as possible. Its a nice feature but adding more doesn't really seem to contribute much to the gaming experience as, say, the RPG element of traits, titles and ancilliaries or the strategic element of the AOR system.

If I can make a "shiite" heresy that afffect muslim lands and that works along with normal heresy then I will definitely try to. But I don't think its possible. I would rather try to add shiites as sort of traits/ancilliaries thing. Like say if a General has a low piety and hangs around high heresy regions he can get a "shiite beliefs" trait or a "shiite imam" ancilliary which drops his loyalty drastically. I think incorporating the shiites into the traits and ancilliaries system is more potent.

Well for point 1.

I've heard it was a hard code of seven, but let's say we are stuck with the five of vanilla.

Catholic
    Orthodox
    Islam
    Heretical
    Pagan

Keep Catholic, keep orthodox, keep Islam, lump heretical in with paganism (I'd just use a lump 'infidel' sum). We could remove orthodox, lump them with Christians, add in Shi'ite in place of them, keep pagan (Hindus and Mongols) and keep heretical. This is after all a muslim focused mod, so it's not too wrong to feature Sunni and shi'ite at the cost of orthodox/catholic (This was what was done in MTWII vanilla and may be done in many other mods).

If it's seven? Well, Catholic/Orthodox/Sunni/Shi'ite/Pagan/Heretical Christian/Heretical Muslim (Or replace heretical christian with Jewish or buddhist).

For the points:

It doesn't seem like any of our kingdoms are shiite. It seems that the kingdoms they took over (The Fatimids, and Iran) may have been initially shiite, so if we can feature the shiite faith as a heresy that would be great. Couldn't we perhaps do both? I almost wonder about a shiite shadow faction to some of the sunni/shiite hotspot kingdoms, where if their loyalty is low enough they join it, but that would be too cumbersome to do.

I'd stick with what khaled.ibn.walid suggested and see if we can make them into a heretical branch which low piety imams and low piety generals join.

As for low loyalty, I like the idea of it being a really serious issue (more so than it was in the original) for the kingdoms which suffered loyalty issues. The Feudal Seljuks in particular.

Page 1 of 62 12345678910112651 ... LastLast