Thread: Titles and traits gone

Default Titles and traits gone

I just downloaded 2.0-2.2 for the first time today. The first game I loaded, I noticed some new "title" ancillaries and some new traits like "Biological Son".

However, every game I start after that, doesn't have them. They have just disappeared. What gives?

Default Re: Titles and traits gone

hmmm... that's strange! :hmmm:
    Actually I have never encountered this problem in my games, but when I'm testing my new mod version next time, I'll keep an eye on the traits and ancillaries...

Anyone else with this problem??

Winner of 'Favorite M2TW Mod' and 'Favorite M2TW Modder' Award 2007 & 2008

Wolfgrin's Avatar Semisalis

Nope, but I've only played two games, so far.

Doesn't one have to install 2.0 and then install 2.1 and after that 2.2?

At least that's the idea the first post at the ST 2.2 release thread gave. :hmmm:

I installed 2.0 then 2.1 then 2.2 then the ctd fix as stated in the stickeys.

Then the only advice I can give you is to reinstal the ST mod again, it most lilkely could have just been an instalation error.

And don't forget to use patch 1.1 before installing the mod, that is, if you have not installed it before.

1.1 It was already installed.

I'll just play without the traits...its only a week or two before 1.2 comes out and changes everything anyway.

Hi Kawligia

I still don't have an idea what could cause your problem...
    But I would probably recommend to wait a few days, then I will release a new version of my mod anyway.

I started a new game last night and they all came back. First time since the first game I played that they all came back.

I will just stick with this faction until the new stuff comes out.

I may have figured out an issue.

I noticed some oddities when using mods like SS and LTC that use open that command window before running the game. It opens two separate M2 processes in the task manager. When I close the game, one is usualy still running.

When I was having the trouble with the traits etc, I had been switching between SS, LTC, and Vanilla to check some things out. It may be switching like that which causes a problem.

I loaded the game alone today without loading any other versions and it worked again.

P.S. I also noticed that sometimes its hard to connect to the internet after playing with these types of mods. It connects immediately though after I end the 2nd M2 process though....weird.

Hi Kawligia,

I noticed some oddities when using mods like SS and LTC that use open that command window before running the game. It opens two separate M2 processes in the task manager. When I close the game, one is usualy still running.
    That never happened to me. When I quit the game there is no more M2 process running...

I loaded the game alone today without loading any other versions and it worked again
    Do you mean you've run two medieval 2 versions at once??
    That's most likely to cause problems, I think.

P.S. I also noticed that sometimes its hard to connect to the internet after playing with these types of mods. It connects immediately though after I end the 2nd M2 process though....weird.
    hmm... I think the mods really can't be the reason for this...

I never ran them at the same time. Loaded one, quit, then loaded the other.

The leftover M2 process thing isn't just happening to me. A friend of mine recently started playing and it happens to him. He has it even worse. it won't let him play again after exiting out once, b/c it says another version is already running. Once he cancels the extra M2 process, its fine though. That hasn't happened to me yet. Its probably an M2 thing b/c I don't think he was running any mods at the time.

I didn't think the mods can be a reason for the internet thing either, but I it does happen consistently...not just with SS but other mods that use the same method.